Raid Lag

Moderator: Littlabit

Amotto
Whee!

Raid Lag

Post by Amotto »

The last raids the lag has been intolerable. As many may know, I recently returned to the game, and when I first did I experienced no lag. It wasn't even an issue at all, even with three toons in game. However, immediately following the downtime when Drinal was locked for three days, my lag became unbearable. It is so bad, that on my screen I am showing a boss mob still at 52% when in fact, it's dead and everyone is moving on. When I am required to react and move to a throne, or run from a robo-bear (boar) I am a liability to the raid with this much lag.

Because this is a liability I've left two raids early and camped out.

Coincidently, upon logging in for the first time after this three-day downtime, I noticed a bunch of settings had also been changed (not by me). For example, one account all of my keyboad keys were changed and I had to go back and set them all again (attack, movements, looking and toggling). But not all accounts.. just one.

I just went step by step through this post in an attempt to fix my issue: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graph ... ings_guide

Can anyone think of anything else that I may be missing that would be causing this terrible lag?

What changed during those three-days of downtime?

Am I the only one affected (seems like it)?

I will be testing it out again on Sat to see if its better after going through the above link, but I'm trying to catch anything I've missed before then so I don't lose yet another raid night.
Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Raid Lag

Post by Tarvas »

Create a trash chat box and put all the crap you don't need to see in it (bard songs, heals to other, other's dmg, etc.). Then manually shrink that chat box, do not use auto shrink. That has helped me in the past.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Amotto
Whee!

Post by Amotto »

Tarvas wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:30 am
Create a trash chat box and put all the crap you don't need to see in it (bard songs, heals to other, other's dmg, etc.). Then manually shrink that chat box, do not use auto shrink. That has helped me in the past.

Thanks... yep, I have that already. Forgot to mention it.
Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri »

As Rashod reminded me, you can go to your keyboard settings and turn off many of the things which may not be relevant to you. Personally, I always turn shadows off, as in the past I have found them to be a huge drain.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri
Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr »

Amotto wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 am
Tarvas wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks... yep, I have that already. Forgot to mention it.
If not done, unless you're parsing Go to your Options and for filters, set everything to show only you when possible (or hide if it's "Others [xxx]". That should help! Make a new log file if you haven't recently. I would also recommend resetting your modem/router. That has more than once helped me during high traffic times (not sure why ISP's would provide higher service to fresher connections, but /shrug).
Meso
Whee!

Post by Meso »

Several of us at one time or another have been in a raid still beating on a mob ten minutes after it died to everyone else.
Could be you, could be your IP, could be . . . I dunno.
For me I recycled power to my modem and router and no longer had that issue. Of course it might have been a coincidence.
That was the most severe lag I have had. I've been on a few other raids where I was basically incapacitated.
I've been advised to turn off the journal and keep log files small or off.
Lots of in game video setting suggestions here. Each one will mean a small improvement and together will help. But for a big sudden issue I'm reluctant to blame in-game settings. Might be your IP connections or maybe an issue with your video card.
Amotto
Whee!

Post by Amotto »

Thanks everyone.... I have done all that has been suggested above and hope to be able to raid tonight.
Baxon
Whee!

Post by Baxon »

Not to long ago in one of the patches they changed the vertexshaders=0 it should be set to 1 check your eqclient.ini . in your everquest directory change it to vertexshaders=1 while your in the file check to see what CPUAffinity0=is set to .. now change it to CPUAffinity0=-1
for each core you have you will have a CPUAffinity= make sure there all set to -1 {that's minus1} my PC has 8 different CPUAffinity settings this helped me .
Tandt
Fallen Jedi

Post by Tandt »

Baxon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Not to long ago in one of the patches they changed the vertexshaders=0 it should be set to 1 check your eqclient.ini . in your everquest directory change it to vertexshaders=1 while your in the file check to see what CPUAffinity0=is set to .. now change it to CPUAffinity0=-1
for each core you have you will have a CPUAffinity= make sure there all set to -1 {that's minus1} my PC has 8 different CPUAffinity settings this helped me .
You sort of got it right. The CPUAffinity is related to Clients of EQ running, not cores of the proc. CPUAffinity0 is your first iteration of EQ, CPUAffinity1 is second ect.. The -1 setting you are correct on, -1 being Use all Cores.
Tandt Dmight
115 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!