Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Rashod
Whee!

Re: Info

Post by Rashod »

Goofydoofy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:34 am
WRU ToV tips and tricks and info?!?
Work through progression for xp. When claiming collection rewards pick regular xp instead of AA 2% is a decent chunk at 114.

The T1 zones are very easy, kill named get rk 2 spells. Save the no drop crystallized velium ores (look like ice bricks) for tradeskilled gear -- these are similar to the muhbis in tbl. The tradeskilled group gear is pretty good 7200ish hme stuff so fill out and slots you dont have better than that with it. If you are in full ROS/TBL raid gear already the ores are still good for some pretty nice augs.

On the topic of spells remember that your aa focus will not work for your new spells untill you drop another 100 aa into them so they may not be better until you do. Additionally, type 3 augs are not yet in game and again may make the new spells worse than the old. Pay attention to this don't lower your healing or dps mindlessly. Finally, for core buffs there is only 1 rank, lucky you! When you buy rank 1 it is really rank 3 level of buff.

Work on the achievements in the missions when you can. Once you get challenger you can upgrade the weapon augs to have nice procs or sympathetic procs.

Oh! Best piece of advice. When you go to do the crystal caverns merc tasks, be sure to pick up the invading ice parti task... or you will be redoing them again.

Sharrien
Whee!

Post by Sharrien »

Note that all the gear made from crystallized velium ore is required lvl 115, even the augs.

In EW nothing sees through IVU that is KOS.
In GD the only KOS things I encountered that sees through IVU are dervishes.
Barely poked my head in to Crystal Caverns but there seems to be a mix of undead and not-undead things that are KOS. Best way to get to the quest NPCs is by using the big crystal teleport thingy in GH (which I missed until someone told me about it).
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Grand Master of all Tradeskills
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Sharrien wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:50 pm
Note that all the gear made from crystallized velium ore is required lvl 115, even the augs.

In EW nothing sees through IVU that is KOS.
In GD the only KOS things I encountered that sees through IVU are dervishes.
Barely poked my head in to Crystal Caverns but there seems to be a mix of undead and not-undead things that are KOS. Best way to get to the quest NPCs is by using the big crystal teleport thingy in GH (which I missed until someone told me about it).
"Hardened giants" in GD see IVU as well.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Post by Goofydoofy »

Nice. Thanks. I tried soloing the beginning merc tasks with my tank merc fully buffed on my Druid and it was rough going. When it died and I buffed it with just Druid buffs, no chance. I'll try with my Enchanter next. I have a feeling I'll do much better with that toon when I'm alone.
Level 112 Druid, Level 111 Enchanter, Level 111 Paladin

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Goofydoofy wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:15 pm
Nice. Thanks. I tried soloing the beginning merc tasks with my tank merc fully buffed on my Druid and it was rough going. When it died and I buffed it with just Druid buffs, no chance. I'll try with my Enchanter next. I have a feeling I'll do much better with that toon when I'm alone.
I expect your pally will own this expansion with 90% of it being undead.

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas »

My SK in conflagrant and 21.5k AAs could tank EW just fine. So be pretty easy for you and a healer merc to get along molo until you pick up a group.

I hate Crystal Cavern's by the way.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon »

any info on the missions, other than EQ resource? They're chaotic to say the least.

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod »

Ayragon wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:49 am
any info on the missions, other than EQ resource? They're chaotic to say the least.
EW
Flying phase - emote will fire, that person needs to get under the flying boss in his aura. Two successes and he will land. Tip: use mark npc on the boss so you have an easier target to find the middle of the aura.

Landed phase - dps boss till he goes back up in air.

Rinse and repeat until dead. While this is going on there will be orc adds that spawn - kill them. Tip: the orcs path out of the house at the side/back easier than the front door.

At like 20% theres an additional ae, I think you can get in the fire aura to avoid it, but I've never done this. We just eat this damage.

GD
Too much to type on a phone, some tips.
Dude that turns into a wolf - slow dps on boss, kill adds or you will get overwhelmed.

Last dude (narandi) - splits into 4 dudes one of them is real one you need to kill. At around 75% if it is the wrong one it will spawn a pool aura under it, do not kill this mob or it will do a big DD.

The rest shouldn't give you much trouble. Tip: when new mob spawns use sense dead or sense animal to find it easier, track will work too!

Velks (my favorite!)
There are 3 named that need to die.
1. Has an emote to get away he will charge you and damage everyone he touches. Tip: just burn from the start and you can avoid this mechanic entirely.
2. Duder spawns with some effects dunno what they are always just ignore them. Will be green bushes that spawn on the ground pick these up and click them then place the ground. This will attract the adds that spawn so you dont have to deal with them. Repeat for the rest of the event.
3. Another dude spawns, kill it. I'm sure it does something, but i've never noticed.
Tip: this is super easy with some dps. Just full burns from the start and it should be over in 2 mins or so.

KD
Two phases.
Phase one - start with big duder. There will be an emote to bend the knee, this person has to duck until they get the success emote. There are 5 maybe 6 giant add sets that are percentage based. Dps big dude very slowly. At percentage intervals like 5-6 percent you will get a giant and an axe add. Kill the axe and then the giant. Tip: no dps on big dude with adds up. At 60% phase two starts.

Phase two - big dude ports out of arena. Any dots or pets will cause you to be summoned. You have a small amout of time before reset so run up and engage him asap. This phase is similar to the first but you will get different adds at percentages. Kill the adds as they come so you dont get overwhelmed or just burn it down.
Last edited by Rashod on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Post by Goofydoofy »

Sounds a lot like much older encounters. Oh well, I'm not one to complain. And, on the note, I put in to take this coming Monday off work. Hopefully I can get a good 10 hours of playing in then. Somebody PL me!
Level 112 Druid, Level 111 Enchanter, Level 111 Paladin