Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Moderator: Littlabit

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:02 am

This may impact the way you play.
Dzarn wrote:The team wanted to take a moment to highlight a particular set of changes coming in next month's update and offer some insight on why these changes are being made.

The last major changes made to AA abilities that allow characters to quickly escape combat took place during the September 23, 2015 game update. Those changes involved fixing bugs with how escape functioned and increasing restrictions on how these abilities work by limiting their chance to succeed and enforcing a maximum level of NPC that characters can escape from.

Over the last four years we've watched how these changes have impacted gameplay and decided a different adjustment was in order. There were several lessons learned, some aspects of the changes we've been happy with, while other aspects have caused friction in ways that wasn't our goal.

We've reevaluated how we want to limit the power of these abilities and will be making a number of changes that we consider an overall improvement for most classes. See the following excerpt from next month's update notes.

We felt it appropriate to offer context for these changes while taking a brief review of the history of escape AA abilities.

The first of these abilities was implemented in Shadows of Luclin with the intent of letting Rogues escape a bad situation and was balanced by having a relatively long reuse time. The team considers the ability to escape death a very powerful asset.

The second escape AA ability was given to Bards in Planes of Power with instantaneous reuse and was balanced by charging a significant amount of mana, historically a very limited resource for the Bard class. This resulted in improving a Bard's ability to pull important NPCs out of a group in ways that was traditionally handled by classes with feign death. Just like escaping death for many classes, the team considers the ability to split mobs more quickly as a very powerful tool for pulling classes.

Several expansions later Monks were given Imitate Death, many expansions later Enchanters obtained Self Stasis, and during the two subsequent expansions every class gained access to an escape ability with the sole exception of Beastlords.

The proliferation of a once highly limited ability without its initial heavy restrictions was partially what prompted the changes during the 2015 update to help ensure that player power remains in a reasonable place versus the difficulty of the content.

Fundamentally, a button that you press in a dire situation that is intended to save your character's life 'should work'. The fact that many classes have a button that has a 10% chance to do nothing when activated isn't consistent and obviously causes a great deal of frustration. Additionally, having different maximum levels of opponents that you can escape from on a per class basis leads to inconsistencies we haven't been happy with.

It is for these reasons that all classes' escape abilities will now have a 100% chance to succeed on targets up to 5 levels higher than the caster. We believe that allowing these abilities to function in a consistent and reliable manner is going to make for a better experience.

That said, because we consider these abilities incredibly powerful for both their pulling and survival properties, we believe they should have a commensurate resource cost. It is for this reason that we are retuning the reuse time and adding a mana or endurance cost to all of these abilities.

We've grouped the classes together as follows to determine what the reuse time and resource cost should be.

Escape abilities for all classes will now have their final rank available by level 85 during the Underfoot expansion. In cases where there are now fewer ranks than there were previously we will be automatically reassigning the proper rank of your abilities so that a refund/repurchase is not necessary after logging in.
Escape abilities for Bards, Beastlords, Monks, Necromancers, Rogues, and Shadowknights will have a shorter reuse time (1s to 2.5 minutes) and a resource cost of 2% mana or endurance based on class.
Escape abilities for Berserkers, Enchanters, Rangers, and Shaman will now have a reuse time of 10 minutes and a resource cost of 20% mana or endurance based on class.
Escape abilities for Clerics, Druids, Magicians, Paladins, Warriors, and Wizards will now have a reuse time of 15 minutes and a resource cost of 20% mana or endurance based on class.
Our aim in messaging these changes early is to give time to consider community feedback and so that you can plan ahead to /testcopy for next month's test server update to test out how these changes impact your gameplay.
*All - AA abilities that allow characters to escape combat have been retuned to provide a more consistent experience. Now, rather than some classes' escape abilities relying on level limits and variable success chances, all AA escape abilities will have a 100% chance to succeed on opponents up to 5 levels above the caster. These abilities will now have higher reuse times and resource costs for most classes, as this better reflects our vision for these abilities.

*Bard - Fading Memories - Removed ranks 4-40. Ranks 1-3 now consume 12, 6, and 2% of your mana to activate.

*Berserker - Self Preservation - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), and removed the self-stun component of this ability. Removed ranks 4-11 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 6 minutes at level 100). This ability now consumes 20% of your endurance to activate.

*Beastlord - Falsified Death - This ability is now available at level 80 in Underfoot. This ability consumes 2% of your mana to feign death and allows you to escape combat from NPCs up to a level difference of +5 and your warder to escape combat from all NPCs, with a 2.5 minute reuse time.

*Cleric - Divine Peace - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 15 minutes (up from 3 minutes), and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously it was unlocked in Veil of Alaris at level 91).

*Druid - Veil of the Underbrush - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 15 minutes (up from 3 minutes), and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously it was unlocked in Veil of Alaris at level 95).

*Enchanter - Friendly Stasis - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Enchanter - Self Stasis - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 5-11 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 4 at level 85 (up from 6 minutes at level 105). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Magician - Drape of Shadows - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 2-14 and set the reuse time of this ability to be 15 minutes (up from 3 minutes at 105). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Monk - Imitate Death - Reduced the reuse of ranks 1-8 by 30 seconds. This ability now consumes 2% of your endurance to activate. Rank 9 is now available in Underfoot (it was previously unlocked in House of Thule).

*Necromancer - Death's Effigy - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). This ability now consumes 2% of your mana to activate. Ranks 1-4 are now available in Underfoot (rank 1 was previously unlocked in House of Thule and ranks 2-4 in Call of the Forsaken).

*Paladin - Balefire Burst - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), increased the reuse time to 15 minutes (up from 3 minutes) and made the ability available at level 85 in Underfoot (it was previously unlocked in House of Thule). The ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Ranger - Cover Tracks - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%). Removed ranks 4-15 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 3 minutes at level 100). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Rogue - Escape - Reduced the reuse of ranks 3-11 and added rank 12 resulting in a 1.5 minute reuse timer at level 85. This ability now consumes 2% of your endurance to activate.

*Shadowknight - Death's Effigy - This ability now consumes 2% of your mana to activate.

*Shaman - Inconspicuous Totem - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 4-13 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 4 minutes at level 105). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.

*Warrior - Howl of the Warlord - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), and removed the cast time. Removed ranks 2-5 and adjusted rank 1 so that this ability has a 15 minute reuse time (up from 3 minutes) at level 85 and is available in Underfoot (it was previously unlocked in House of Thule). The ability now consumes 20% of your endurance to activate.

*Wizard - A Hole in Space - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 15 minutes (up from 2.5 minutes), and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously it was unlocked in Veil of Alaris at level 95)
Last edited by Tarvas on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Glauri
Whee!

Re: PPreview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Post by Glauri » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:35 am

*Shaman - Inconspicuous Totem - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 4-13 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 4 minutes at level 105). This ability now consumes 20% of your mana to activate.
This is BS. Makes it utterly unusable and completely worthless imo. By the time it becomes absolutely necessary to use the totem, I have tried and failed to beat down the mob(s) and am extremely unlikely to have 20% of my mana left.

They sure are making it easy to quit EQ.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 am

Oddly I will happily trade 20% mana to up Ranger to 100%. If you had 3 or 4 mobs on a pull the ability was effectively useless with the 90% check on each mob. To let out my inner rage some tho, the last thing rangers needed was more mana problems.

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:24 am

20% seems pretty obscene, as does the reuse time on everyone outside of that first group. I miss the days I could use this as a self-invis. Regardless, this puts pulling out of my tool house again. Not sure I really agree with the change, but go post on the EQ forums if you have thoughts!

Tandt
Fallen Jedi

Post by Tandt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:59 am

already posted! on eq forums. This is a horrid plan.
Tandt Dmight
110 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 am

Its purpose is to limit the use, sounds fairly well thought out to me. Upping level cap, will help when new expansion drops also.

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:56 am

Farrens wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 am
Oddly I will happily trade 20% mana to up Ranger to 100%. If you had 3 or 4 mobs on a pull the ability was effectively useless with the 90% check on each mob. To let out my inner rage some tho, the last thing rangers needed was more mana problems.
I view these tools as "oh shit" buttons, not pulling tools. Since CT has been useless in dropping hate during raids that part really doesn't bother me much.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:50 am

Tarvas wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:56 am
Farrens wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 am
I view these tools as "oh shit" buttons, not pulling tools. Since CT has been useless in dropping hate during raids that part really doesn't bother me much.
It's my pull of last resort. Usually involves snare, root, and other antics.

Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:46 am

Derdarr wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 am
Its purpose is to limit the use, sounds fairly well thought out to me. Upping level cap, will help when new expansion drops also.
Really? I normally use this in an attempt to stay alive when my group is dead -- so that I can hopefully rez them rather than spend twenty minutes trying to run back from GL...zone after zone after zone, trying to once again avoid see-invis mobs, etc.

As far as I can tell, they want to eliminate the use of totem...not reduce it. Pisses me off that the one means I had of trying to stay alive and rez companions is now essentially useless.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Post by Littlabit » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 am

Divine Peace rarely works as it is, so this shouldn't be much of a change for us. It doesn't save me that often and even when I do use it I still die!
Littlabit D'might 110 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Rarely works possibly because of the 10 percent fail chance check on any mob your on agro with, and the increase in level range should also help. I'd hope you don't need it more than 4 times every hour or you should fire your bard :)

Elfinia
Whee!

Post by Elfinia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Littlabit wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:34 am
Divine Peace rarely works as it is, so this shouldn't be much of a change for us. It doesn't save me that often and even when I do use it I still die!
I have Divine Peace in a hot key...I just cast it for the heck of it, plus it looks good on the spells casted list. :P

Millenry

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Sometimes my Bard makes me pull! That probably won't happen anymore :(

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:38 pm

I personally don't underatand the need to change something thats been in the game for so long.

But while everyone crys the beastlords are hiding in the corner rejoicing.

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Yeah, I was sad enough losing invis whenever that was, but we've had this for what, almost five years now?

tanthia
Whee!

Post by tanthia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:51 pm

15 second refresh -> 2.5 minute refresh? 97% chance -> 100% chance. No level restriction -> 5 level above. Not really rejoicing here. I am not sure we should be rejoicing. Unless this new AA is not replacing Playing Possum, then hell yeah happy time. I have a sinking feeling they are replacing PP though...

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:30 pm

tanthia wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:51 pm
15 second refresh -> 2.5 minute refresh? 97% chance -> 100% chance. No level restriction -> 5 level above. Not really rejoicing here. I am not sure we should be rejoicing. Unless this new AA is not replacing Playing Possum, then hell yeah happy time. I have a sinking feeling they are replacing PP though...
As I understand its addition, not a replacement for playing possum.

We were the only class that didn't have a fade. Insta agrp drop is so much better than laying there for 2mins trying to lose agro.

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I feel like 90% of the times folks are using fade its to prevent training a bunch of mobs across the zone. I can't wait for the next expansions first zones and the extra trains.

Or our folks training fire mobs across the field! More mobs = more augs!

warador
Whee!

Post by warador » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:31 pm

I use totem all the time , avoiding death on raid wipes , pulling , and trying to stay alive to rez grps if I happen to get one . they gave us zero class aa last expansion and now they are screwing up the ones we already had. but they will probably give us aa that we can buy to "fix" it and call it new aa

Rashod
Whee!

Re: Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Post by Rashod » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 pm

CHANGES

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... es.259703/
Dzarn wrote:Dzarn said: ↑

“Once again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who provided constructive input, please know that you are beacons of hope in a sea of psychopathy.

As noted on Tuesday we have been monitoring feedback and after further review have made a few adjustments so that the changes are in a better state before they go to the Test server.
•Classes that were changed to have a 15 minute reuse timer in the initial proposal will now have a 10 minute timer.
•Enchanter Self Stasis have been changed to have a 5 minute reuse timer (now an improvement rather than a nerf).
•Abilities that were changed to have a 20% resource cost will now have an 8% resource cost. To clarify, this cost is a percentage of your total mana or endurance (not your remaining mana or endurance).
•All escape abilities that previously had a cast time are now instant cast.
•All escape abilities will now apply their secondary effects (invisibility or sanctuary) regardless of the caster's proximity to attackers.
•All escape abilities will now reduce your aggro with any NPCs you fail to escape from by 1 million points.

In addition to these changes, we've made the following adjustment to spells for the October update:
•All melee classes - Hiatus can now be activated in combat. It still has the melee speed penalty and endurance cap.

Leaving us (for the time being) at:
Dzarn wrote:All - AA abilities that allow characters to escape combat have been retuned to provide a more consistent experience. Now, rather than some classes' escape abilities relying on level limits and variable success chances, all AA escape abilities will have a 100% chance to succeed on opponents up to 5 levels above the caster, they will trigger their secondary invisibility or sanctuary buffs regardless of proximity to attackers, and they will reduce the amount of hatred any NPC the caster fails to escape from by 1 million points. These abilities will now have higher reuse times and resource costs for most classes, as this better reflects our vision for these abilities.

•Pet Users - Summon Companion - Rank 2 now provides a 100% chance for your pet to escape combat from all NPCs (up from a level difference of +3 and a maximum success chance of 95% at rank 4). Removed ranks 2 and 3 of this ability and made rank 2 available in Underfoot. Ranks 1 and 2 now consume 1% of your mana to activate.

•Bard - Fading Memories - Removed ranks 4-40. Ranks 1-3 now consume 12, 6, and 2% of your maximum mana to activate. This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers.

•Beastlord - Falsified Death - This ability is now available at level 80 in Underfoot. This ability consumes 2% of your maximum mana to feign death, allows you to escape combat from NPCs up to 5 levels higher than you, allows your warder to escape combat from all NPCs, triggers Evader's Invisibility, and has a 2.5 minute reuse time.

•Berserker - Self Preservation - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), and removed the self-stun component of this ability. Removed ranks 4-11 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 6 minutes at level 100). This ability now applies Evader's Temporary Sanctuary regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum endurance to activate.

•Cleric - Divine Peace - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 10 minutes (up from 3 minutes), removed the 0.25 second cast time, and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously Veil of Alaris at level 91). This ability now applies Evader's Temporary Sanctuary regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Druid - Veil of the Underbrush - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 10 minutes (up from 3 minutes), and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously Veil of Alaris at level 95). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Enchanter - Friendly Stasis - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Fixed the mesmerization duration to be 18 seconds rather than 30 seconds. This ability now applies Evadee's Invisibility regardless of your target's proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Enchanter - Self Stasis - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 5-11 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 5 minute reuse by rank 4 at level 85 (down from 6 minutes at level 105). Fixed the mesmerization duration to be 18 seconds rather than 30 seconds. This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Magician - Drape of Shadows - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 2-14 and set the reuse time of this ability to be 10 minutes (up from 3 minutes at 105). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Monk - Imitate Death - Reduced the reuse of ranks 1-8 by 30 seconds. Rank 9 is now available in Underfoot (previously House of Thule). This ability now applies Evader's Temporary Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 2% of your maximum endurance to activate.

•Necromancer - Death's Effigy - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Ranks 1-4 are now available in Underfoot (previously House of Thule for rank 1 and Call of the Forsaken for ranks 2-4). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 2% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Paladin - Balefire Burst - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), increased the reuse time to 10 minutes (up from 3 minutes), removed the 0.5 second cast time, and made the ability available at level 85 in Underfoot (previously House of Thule). The ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Ranger - Cover Tracks - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%). Removed ranks 4-15 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 3 minutes at level 100). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your mana to activate.

•Rogue - Escape - Reduced the reuse of ranks 3-11 and added rank 12 resulting in a 1.5 minute reuse timer at level 85. This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility / Evader's Shroud of Stealth regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 2% of your maximum endurance to activate.

•Shadowknight - Death's Effigy - This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 2% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Shaman - Inconspicuous Totem - Increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3). Removed ranks 4-13 and adjusted the hastening so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse by rank 3 at level 85 (up from 4 minutes at level 105). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

•Warrior - Howl of the Warlord - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), and removed the 0.5 second cast time. Removed ranks 2-5 and adjusted rank 1 so that this ability has a 10 minute reuse time (up from 3 minutes) at level 85 and is available in Underfoot (previously House of Thule). This ability now applies Evader's Temporary Sanctuary regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum endurance to activate.

•Wizard - A Hole in Space - Increased the success chance to 100% (up from 90%), increased the level difference to +5 (up from +3), set the reuse time of this ability to be 10 minutes (up from 2.5 minutes), and made the ability available in Underfoot at level 85 (previously Veil of Alaris at level 95). This ability now applies Evader's Invisibility regardless of your proximity to attackers. This ability now consumes 8% of your maximum mana to activate.

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Hmmm....does this also mean I get my self-invis back?!?

Tandt
Fallen Jedi

Post by Tandt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 pm

I think the EQ community was trolled by the devs. The now purposed changes are probably what they had in mind the entire time. :) :)
Tandt Dmight
110 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Tandt wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 pm
I think the EQ community was trolled by the devs. The now purposed changes are probably what they had in mind the entire time. :) :)
They do that.

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Tandt wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Honestly, solid PR move to be like: "Oh yeah, we listened to the community and made changes!" and no one will be as upset because it's a more reasonable change than the original proposal. Double win.

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... st-3824234
Dzarn, post: 3824234, member: 170 wrote:First off, a genuine thanks to the posters who have offered constructive feedback.

I wanted to take a moment to include one additional excerpt from the upcoming update notes as it relates specifically to useful feedback brought up in this thread:
“Pet Users - Summon Companion - Rank 2 now provides a 100% chance for your pet to escape combat from all NPCs (up from a level difference of +3 and a maximum success chance of 95% at rank 4). Removed ranks 2 and 3 of this ability and made rank 2 available during Underfoot (it previously unlocked at House of Thule). Ranks 1 and 2 now consume 1% of your mana to activate.”
We're continuing to monitor feedback and will provide an update when we've finalized tuning on these changes before they go to the test server.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... st-3824939
Dzarn, post: 3824939, member: 170 wrote:Once again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who provided constructive input, please know that you are beacons of hope in a sea of psychopathy.

As noted on Tuesday we have been monitoring feedback and after further review have made a few adjustments so that the changes are in a better state before they go to the Test server.

Classes that were changed to have a 15 minute reuse timer in the initial proposal will now have a 10 minute timer.
Enchanter Self Stasis have been changed to have a 5 minute reuse timer (now an improvement rather than a nerf).
Abilities that were changed to have a 20% resource cost will now have an 8% resource cost. To clarify, this cost is a percentage of your total mana or endurance (not your remaining mana or endurance).
All escape abilities that previously had a cast time are now instant cast.
All escape abilities will now apply their secondary effects (invisibility or sanctuary) regardless of the caster's proximity to attackers.
All escape abilities will now reduce your aggro with any NPCs you fail to escape from by 1 million points.
In addition to these changes, we've made the following adjustment to spells for the October update:

All melee classes - Hiatus can now be activated in combat. It still has the melee speed penalty and endurance cap.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Ayragon
Whee!

Post by Ayragon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 am

insta cast mean on the run? That would be nice.

Mattmarr
Whee!

Post by Mattmarr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:49 am

Ayragon wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 am
insta cast mean on the run? That would be nice.
Yep! That's what it means.

Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Not quite sure If Imitate death requires aggro now after reading that description.

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:20 am

This almost became relevant to rangers on raids, but an 8% mana cost is still to much to give it serious consideration.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Rashod
Whee!

Post by Rashod » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:35 am

Tarvas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:20 am
This almost became relevant to rangers on raids, but an 8% mana cost is still to much to give it serious consideration.
Personally I feel like these things for DPS classes anyways are still relevant abilities, or at least abilities to not forget you have. These things are still useful when things go wrong. Such as, DPS steals agro and has no more ways to drop agro. 8% mana cost vs death and 0% mana seems like an easy choice to me. Or better yet DPS steals agro durring a phase that turns the mob into a very bad placement for an AE. 8% mana or wiping the raid. I understand thesr are situations that really shouldn't happen, but they certainly do.

I think they've pretty well done what they wanted to do and make you have to really think about whether you should use this ability instead of just adding it to a spam key. These abilities certainly have a cost.