Grothicus Application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
grothicus
Whee!

Grothicus Application

Post by grothicus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Main Character: Grothicus

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p):
Silver..I think

-Name: Grothicus
-Class: Cleric
-Race: Human
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 5079

-Magelo Number (if you have one):

-List which keys and flags you have:
Not sure....

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Dualhound, 29 rogue
keflek 18 mage
grothbeast 73 beastlord

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
I enjoy the questing, completing a quest is awesome, also the friendships you develop,

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Just have fun playing the game....I would like to get Groth his epics 1.5 and 2.0. He has his little rez stick.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I normally play when I can, I am married with two kids (takes up a lot of time). Can only play an hour here or there, several hours at night if I have time. So I do not have a specific time I can play. Also I have a job which requires me to travel every 6 weeks to Hawaii for 6 weeks. Then its back home for 6 weeks.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all)
As soon as I can reach a level where I will not be a liability for the raid. Back in the day, we had to tote along some people who had to be constantly watched (aggro magnets I think we called them) Also wore out my rez stick keeping them in the raid, wasted a lot of time. so as I stated...when I am not a liability to the raid...

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I was a member of Maginficents (guild leader at one point)…left them because people left. Was in Chosen Champions for awhile...Left because a personality conflict between guild leaders and members...Hated the drama....Then I joined a raiding guild..(cannot remember the name of it, I think I got all the flags of POP, but do not know). Then When WOW came out, and I came back from a deployment (I was in the navy at the time) and found that my guild went from almost 650 players to 5. So I left that guild. Then a few months later, could not get a group on either the cleric, the Necro, or the Beastlord, I quit EQ and played WOW. Then quit WOW and got married.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Not in another guild

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
None yet, Met Hortonn through the guild listing in the guild hall.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I remember them as a really cool guild from back in the day. I think there was an enchanter from that guild named yessirrelf *nickname "yesser", she was awesome and was in Celestial Navigators. Raided with them a time or two doing peeps epics. Have not seen or recognize any of the guild tags...But CN tags, I recognize,

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
As stated, friends, friendship, grouping, playing and having fun. No real goals, or hidden agendas, just playing to have fun.

-Have you read the CN Rules, Policies and Looting (CNP) outlines and understand them?
Yes, I get the gist of the rules. And may I say...it is quite self-explanatory...But since I do not have a photo-graphic memory...I amy ask..."silly" questions, but I do understand the raid stuff...I have run a few raids in the past (many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the internet) and know how frustrating and (my poor keyboards at the time) slamming my head on my keyboards....I will do my best to comply. When I was with the raiding guid back in the day...you had to participate in at least 50 raids before you earned "raiding point". I think other than POP progression, I only was able to loot 1 item...because nobody else in the raid wanted it. It was a hammer from the plane of Justice....only proc'd if it hit a mob that was 20 levels lower than you. Good times had by all who participated....

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
Merchant Marines...I make sure the outer islands in Hawaii do not run out of toilet paper.

-Where are you from?
I live in the Pacific Northwest
-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)

Blue

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: Grothicus Application

Post by Littlabit » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:48 pm

PM sent with more info. Talk more in game thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 110 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 am

Update to application:
Would like to thank Kushkin (Beastlord) for helping me get the Journeyman 5 quest completed...and now know that I have a LOT TO LEARN about the new UI....Jeesh...things were simpler back when. Anyway...I hope I did not make too big a fool of myself....

Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 am

grothicus wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 am
Anyway...I hope I did not make too big a fool of myself....
I do that every time I log in! :D
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:11 pm

OK, I tried to donate to guild, as per Skecpa-f, but the guild tribute says I have capped on favor points....just wondering how to donate the stuff....

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:16 pm

If its full, you can't. Usually only low enough to add to right after raid is over or during.

Rikyu
Whee!

Post by Rikyu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:31 pm

There is a lot that has changed in the game over the years. You'll get used to it and you're welcome for the merc task. If you need anything else, just ask.

grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 pm

ok, another update to my application:
Who I know in this guild....
Well, I was going through the guild roster waiting for my BL to zone in, and noticed a name from "before"....the name Praco. Was guild leader of Chosen Champions for awhile and the Magnificents. See that he has not been on since Oct 2018. But it may not be the same guy, the guy listed says he is a druid...I remember him to be a ranger....I think....Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hanedorf
Whee!

Post by Hanedorf » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:53 am

Praco is a druid he was in chosen champions he is my uncle I was in chosen champions long time ago back in vazaelle days
Hanedorf Lonewolf

grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 am

@Hanedorf,
OMG, I remember you from those days, I remember Praco. We ran the Mags and the CC. Was just before the great WoW migration....Tell your Uncle that I AM BACK!!!! MuWA HAHAHAHAHHA.

grothicus
Whee!

Post by grothicus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:15 am

Well thank you one and all. Especially Qmaus for helping me get the 2.0 epic....