Boxing Issues?

Moderator: Littlabit

Nerple
Whee!

Boxing Issues?

Post by Nerple » Wed May 23, 2018 10:47 am

So this afternoon I logged in, asked for help for the one centaur faction quest in Scorched Woods before I torch centaur faction to raise Burynai to do Partisan of Scorched Woods (I'm slacking, I know,) Heard crickets as usual so went to log on my alts to PL them a bit in FM. I log in to my second account and went to Drinal and they told me I already had a character logged in and should I try to kick him? I said yes and I got a message on Nerple saying somebody was trying to force him off the servers. so I log the second account off and made sure it was set to the second account. It was, so I tried again. Same result. Did they change the rules that you can only have one character per eq installation? Would it work if I installed a second installation of eq and ran that for my alt? I'm a little lost. With no alts to play with Nerple, I guess I'll tradeskill for the tradeskill ear aug and only log on for raids or something. Or at least until I get out of this wheelchair and finally get that Alienware desktop I've been dreaming about. A new rig on top of a new car. Nothing says celebrating ending 6-7 years in a wheelchair on disability like spending $30,000! $50,000 if you count the Masters degree I've been complaining about for the past year!

Maybe I'll drop the alt accounts back to free, or at least until I get back to work.

Where's a good write up for the artisan's ear aug, starting from the very beginning. I still don't know how to start that or get Cresta to talk to me!

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Boxing Issues?

Post by Tarvas » Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am

I logged in 2 of 3 alt accounts last night with no problem using the same folder. Tunare may just hate you.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Elfinia
Whee!

Post by Elfinia » Wed May 23, 2018 12:09 pm

I had Millenry on for the raid along with myself. Unless they did something (wouldn't be shocking at all) between 7pmPST and when you tried....

As far as Cresta, you should be able to talk to her regardless of faction, if I remember correctly she was indifferent to me when I first hailed her.

Elfinia

Nerple
Whee!

Post by Nerple » Wed May 23, 2018 12:13 pm

I had my alts going last night too. But today ran into issues. I'll try again later. And Tarvas, we all know Tunare blesses her favorite Ranger!

Derdarr
Whee!

Post by Derdarr » Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Log in problem report on Twitter, I'd go with that being the reason. No widespread issue's on eq boards reported.

Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri » Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 pm

This is what I've been using for the earring. Having just now gotten access to VP, I have just started on "Journey into Terror". I can't imagine that I'll be done any time soon.

Question: If you drink a craftsman's draught potion prior to the final combine, can it still fail? If so, will you still have all of the necessary components to try again?
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Nerple
Whee!

Post by Nerple » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Cresta problem solved, I had her first task already unfinished

As for the rest, I got my 3rd account in, but still haven't been able to get my 2nd in

Lickitys
Whee!

Post by Lickitys » Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Glauri wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 pm
This is what I've been using for the earring. Having just now gotten access to VP, I have just started on "Journey into Terror". I can't imagine that I'll be done any time soon.

Question: If you drink a craftsman's draught potion prior to the final combine, can it still fail? If so, will you still have all of the necessary components to try again?
Yes, you can still fail, HOWEVER, you will recover all of the components so you can just keep trying until you succeed.
Lickitys
110th Level Druid of Tunare

Glauri
Whee!

Post by Glauri » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks, Lick. Earring all done now !!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri