Battletech

Moderator: Littlabit

Cymril
Whee!

Battletech

Post by Cymril » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 am

Anyone in here Battletech fans? I've been playing it since 1988. Well they just released the first part of one of the new novels and my character's name is the first four words of the new novel!!!!! I'm STOKED!!!!!!!

Battletech- Rules of Engagement.

If you are in the kickstarter at all. You will know what's going on with some of it. The ran with my character and my background I created and took it perfectly to the level I wanted for it!!!

Star Commander Cymril Tseng straightened the clawtake that hung around his neck, draped over his gray dress uniform. A souvenir of his Clawing Ritual, the necklace of gleaming teeth had been torn from the ghost bear he had hunted and killed three years earlier on Strana Mechty. Each warrior kept something unique from the experience. The teeth meant a great deal to Cymril, almost more than his Bloodname. For him, the clawtake signified true passage into the senior ranks of Clan Ghost Bear’s warrior caste. This coming fight is yet another important passage…our first battle against the Draconis Combine.

First paragraph!!! And it gets better as the battle goes on!!!

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Battletech

Post by Glauri » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 am

That is awesome!! Good for you!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Farrens
Whee!

Post by Farrens » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 am

Nice! Good to see Battletech is still going. I played it a little years ago around the time the card game was going. Would have liked to have played it more but drifted toward RPG's rather than war games.

Bonesmasher
Whee!

Post by Bonesmasher » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm

I am most definitely a battletech fan. I still re read the books, I played the board game as well as the PC games.
I still log in and play Mechwarrior Online now and then as well as the Battletech strat game!

Bone

Jhereg
Whee!

Post by Jhereg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 am

Congrats! I was a fan way way back of the novels and have a lot of the RPG initial material. As the Clan stuff developed I slowly got out of it but nice to see it still has more than just the one game going on.

I was also a fan of their Renegade Legion world but I think that was left in the dust with FASA.