On Wednesday, June 15, 2022, Phinigel and Miragul are being merged with Vox, and any characters you have on each server will be accessible from Vox. To complete this work, there will be up to 24 hours of downtime beginning at 6:00 a.m. PDT (1300 UTC) for all EverQuest servers. Please note that this is also the date of the Live Update which will be included in the scheduled downtime.
In order to have the merge go as smoothly as possible, below is a short list of changes you can expect as well as a brief list of answers to some of the questions you may have. If we receive more questions about the merging process, the FAQ section below will be updated accordingly.
• If, as a result of the server merge, two or more characters have the same name, the conflict will be resolved as follows:
o The player who has logged into their character within 60 days before the merge will retain the original character name. If there is still a conflict, the character with the highest number of minutes played will retain the original character name.
o The renamed character will have additional vowels (or 'x') added to the end of their name and be flagged for a free rename. Characters who have been renamed can open the rename window to pick a new name with /changename chat command.
• Guilds and guild halls will remain intact after the merge.
• Real estate will merge completely onto the new server.
• Neighborhood names may change in the event of duplicate names.
• All items in your regular bank will be transferred completely. Shared bank items from Phinigel and Miragul will appear in the item overflow window on Vox.
• Shared bank platinum from Phinigel and Miragul will be combined into your shared platinum on Vox.
• If your account has any overflow items on Phinigel, Miragul, or Vox, they will be in the item overflow window on Vox.
• Dragon’s Hoard items will go with your character to Vox.
• Overseer agents, experience, stats, and active quests from both servers will be combined.
• Incapacitated agents will be recovered after the merge.
• EverQuest’s Universal Chat system uses a separate database undergoing its own merge. After the server merge, Universal Chat may not be available immediately. As soon as its merge is complete, Universal Chat will be turned back on.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will there be free character transfers off of the servers before the merge?
• Free transfers off of Phinigel will be allowed starting on May 18, 2022 and will continue to be active until the merge is complete. Use the /servertransfer command if you would like to go to a different server (or go to Vox early).
• Miragul will not have free character transfers due to the previous free Heroic Character ruleset. You may still transfer off of Miragul if you wish but must purchase a Character Transfer Token from the Marketplace.
What will the server be named after the merge?
• Since Phinigel and Miragul are merging with Vox, Vox will be its name.
If I only have 8 character slots available on my account, but after the merge I now have 12 characters on the server, what happens? How is it determined which characters I can access?
• If, after the merge, your account has more characters on Vox than you have access to, the characters you cannot access will be grayed out in the character select screen. Characters are selected to fill the slots starting with the most recently logged in characters first. Characters created after the start of Free-To-Play are limited to the number of slots available due to membership level and purchased slots. Characters created before Free-To-Play are always available.
• You can regain access to disabled characters by subscribing if you are Free-To-Play, purchasing additional character slots, or deleting characters from the un-grayed portion of your list.
What happens if there are guild name conflicts?
• This very rarely occurs, and we currently do not see any guild name conflicts between Phinigel, Miragul, and Vox. If, however, there is a conflict, GM discretion takes over for a final decision. The guild with a forced name change will have “of Servername” appended to their name and the guild rename flag will be enabled. (In exceptional cases, an X will be added to the end of the guild’s name.)
- Ride a cowboy, save a horse
- Posts: 6378
- Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:33 pm
- Location: Rapid City, SD, USA
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server