4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Roshen wrote:September 23, 2015
*** Highlights ***
- Modified the way that a weapons damage bonus is calculated. This should result in increased weapon damage bonuses, especially for two-handed weapons.
- Most clickable buff items will now grant you a passive AA ability with a permanent effect! See the Items section for details.
- Look out for new Nights of the Dead items available in the Marketplace, beginning October first!
- Made several changes to the way Fading Memories and other escape abilities work. Please see the AA section for details.
*** Items ***
- Keep an eye on the Marketplace starting in October for new and returning Nights of the Dead items! You'll be delighted to find sinister mounts like the Dark Direhound, horrifying weapon visuals like the Nightmare ornaments, fiendish familiars like the Cat in a Bag, Player Studio offerings, and much much more!
- Updated the way that the alternate advancement ability Sinister Strikes functions. The ability now grants weapons wielded in your offhand a percentage of your weapons damage bonus. This change allows the ability to grant an effect for weapons with a delay lower than 30 and will better scale to higher damage weapons.
- Fixed an issue that would cause items to be deleted if you tried to send them to a player that doesn't exist.
- The server is no longer alcohol powered and no longer requires a sacrifice of an alcoholic beverage when you drink an alcoholic beverage.
- Changed the following buff lines that result from activating items so that their effects grant the bearer passive AA abilities: Ancestral Memories, Aura of Battle, Breath of Atathus, Expanding Mind, Form of Defense, Form of Endurance, Form of Protection, Form of Rejuvenation, Grim Aura, Knowledge of the Past / Soothing Breath, Might of Stone, Myrmidons Skill, and Prismatic Ward.
- - Activating an item with one of these spells grants you a passive AA ability at a rank that matches the power of the buff. (Activating an item with a weaker buff will not lower your passive AA ability rank.)
- - Activating an item with one of these spells now casts a shadow spell named for the buff line. These shadow spells have no effects but are permanent duration and are intended to allow you to retain the use of these items as a means to reduce the impact of incoming dispel attacks.
- - When you are granted a rank of one of these passive AA abilities you are now also granted an activated ability called Item: Disable Item Abilities. This ability will clear all of your item-granted abilities and allow you to start fresh.
- Extended the spell durations of the following item buff lines: Aura of the Void, Essence of Ruaabri, Gnoll Reaver Fortitude, Gunthak Grit / Fortitude, Illusionary Spikes, and Thorny Shield. They all have a permanent duration and persist through death.
- Fixed a problem that could cause some items to be lost when unpacking a suit of Hero's Forge armor.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Look to the marketplace this October for the Cat in a Bag. Each one contains a random adoptable cat familiar. Trade them to your friends or collect them all yourself, and keep an eye out for the easily terrified Scaredy Cat familiar and always agitated Cranky Cat familiar!
*** Spells ***
- Spells can now have more than one focus effect at a time, similar to AAs.
- Melee skills that apply buffs to the caster no longer require a target in order to work.
- Shadowknight - Adjusted the hatred multiplier for the gift recourse from the line of Touch spells to be as good or better than the highest rank of the AA ability Voice of Thule that is available at each level range.
- Spells that allow you to gravitate your target toward your location have been modified so that they only function on targets up to level 100. This applies to Compliant Lurch and Forceful Attraction.
*** NPC ***
- Reviewed the majority of enemies in Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea zones with regards to immunity to runspeed changes, mesmerization, stun, lull, charm, and fear, and removed or relaxed restrictions on most NPCs.
- Fixed some enemies that were immune to fling and gravitate effects but would allow players to attempt to cast on them. These spell now fail immediately upon casting on these immune enemies rather than upon landing. This applies primarily to raid encounters and encounters in the Plane of War.
*** AA ***
- Passive AA abilities that modify the amount of hatred generated by the player's actions can now be toggled on and off. This change means these abilities can now be auto-granted to all classes, and allowed us to refund the activated AA ability Negation of Subtlety.
- The AA abilities Knowledge of Alaran Culture and Advanced Knowledge of Alaran Culture have been removed. All Veil of Alaris AA abilities that required the purchase of Advanced Knowledge of Alaran Culture have had that restriction removed.
- Consolidated All bind-wound-related AA ability lines (Bandage Wound, Mithaniel's Binding, Field Dressing, and Combat Medic) into a single general line called Bandage Wounds.
- Consolidated the general innate statistic lines (Innate Strength, Innate Agility, etc) and the statistic cap lines (Planar Strength, Planar Agility, etc) into single ability lines in order to reduce UI clutter in the AA window. For example: Planar Strength is now rank 16 of Innate Strength.
- Glyph of the Indeterminable Reward and Glyph of Unfathomable Reward no longer share a re-use timer with the other Glyph AA abilities.
- Corrected an issue with the Ageless Enmity and Area Taunt AA abilities that prevented them from adding the intended amount of hatred over the previously most hated target.
- The passive AA ability Spell Casting Reinforcement no longer extends the duration of invulnerability spells.
- Unobtainable ranks of Hero's Vitality, Hero's Fortitude, and Hero's Resolution no longer display in the Special tab of the AA window. Newer ranks of the ability are displayed as they become available as rewards for completing content.
- Beastlord - Renamed the AA ability line Extended Feralgia to Extended Moongrowl and corrected it to work on level 105 spells.
- Beastlord - Corrected an issue with the AA Extended Bloodlust that prevented it from extending the duration of the second rank of the Bloodlust ability.
- Beastlord - Renamed the AA ability line Spell Casting Subtlety to Combat Subtlety and updated its description to better reflect the fact that hatred generated by both spells and melee combat is affected by this line.
- Beastlord - Corrected a bug with the passive AA ability Extended Moongrowl that prevented it from extending the duration of the Growl of the Leopard and Feralgia lines of spells as intended.
- Beastlord - Adjusted the required level, expansion and costs for the Shaman and Beastlord versions of the AA abilities Shrink and Group Shrink. This corrects an issue that prevented the beastlord version of the AA ability Shrink from displaying.
- Berserker - Renamed the AA ability line Echoing Cries to Extended War Cry.
- Berserker - Removed the ability for the self-damage component of the AA ability Agony of Absolution to apply critical damage.
- Berserker - Updated the AA ability line Axe of Rallos to function with the level 105 skill Axe of Numicia.
- Berserker - Renamed the AA ability line Extended Havoc to Extended Cry Havoc and it now functions on the ability Cry Carnage.
- Berserker - The AA ability line Decapitate no longer reports "Your target does not meet the spell requirements" when melee attacking targets that are above the level in which the ability can trigger. Instead, the decapitating blow will deal 0 damage to targets that are too high of a level for this ability.
- Berserker - Furious Rampage now places a visible buff on you to indicate its duration and to allow you to remove the effect early if needed.
- Berserker - Created Focused Furious Rampage, a new AA ability that allows you the same number of additional combat rounds on a single target.
- Enchanter - Changed the re-use times of all enchant material AA abilities from 1 to 8 hours to 10 to 60 seconds. These abilities now share two re-use timers (one for mass and one for single use).
- Monk - Destructive Force now places a visible buff on you to indicate its duration and to allow you to remove the effect early if needed.
- Monk - Extra melee rounds granted from Destructive Force now have the ability to trigger additional hits from double attack, etc.
- Monk - Created Focused Destructive Force, a new AA ability that allows you the same number of additional combat rounds on a single target.
- Monk - Updated the AA ability Hastened Destructive Force to function on both Destructive Force and Focused Destructive Force.
- Rogue - Rakes Rampage now places a visible buff on you to indicate its duration and to allow you to remove the effect early if needed.
- Rogue - Created Focused Rakes Rampage, a new AA ability that allows you the same number of additional combat rounds on a single target.
- Paladin - Modified the AA ability Beacon of the Righteous so that it will now impart its instantaneous hatred component even if the stun and hatred over time components of the ability are resisted.
- Paladin - Changed the resist modifier for Divine Call to be more in line with other gravitate and fling abilities.
- Paladin and Shadowknight - Added a new passive ability line, Bold Attacks, that increases the amount of hatred generated by your actions. Reduced the effective hate percentages for the activated AA abilities Voice of Thule and Marr's Salvation so that maximum hate generation is close to the same amount.
- Warrior - Added more ranks to the passive AA ability line Bold Attacks and extended the line to lower levels to match the levels that the Paladin and Shadowknight version of this AA ability line become available.
- Warrior - The buff applied when using Rage of the Forsaken has had its duration and aggro multiplier reduced to better reflect intended values with the recent changes to Bold Attacks.
- Warrior - Renamed the AA ability line Hastened Defiance to Hastened Warlords Tenacity and re-ordered the ranks to reflect their proper power growth.
- Warrior - All ranks of the AA ability Warlords Tenacity now count down in buff-frozen zones.
- Warrior - Modified Warlord's Grasp so that the improved taunt portion of the ability will continue to function even if the target is immune to the gravity portion of the ability.
- Warrior - Sneering Grin ranks 1-3 have been changed to be a toggled passive ability.
- Wizard - Modified the AA abilities Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation so that only the spells focused by these abilities will use charges and receive the focus effect.
- - Adjusted the mana cost component of these abilities to make them less mana efficient.
- - Improved the number of charges slightly for Frenzied Devastation and substantially for Sustained Devastation.
- - Improved the chance to critically cast granted by Sustained Devastation.
- - Created two additional ranks of Sustained Devastation to better match the available ranks of Frenzied Devastation.
Roshen wrote:- Made a number of changes to AA abilities that allow players to escape from combat:
- - Corrected a bug that ignored any chance to escape from combat that was set below 100% on spells that did not have a duration.
- - Changed the invisibility component of abilities that allow you to escape. Now, upon successfully rolling your escape chance, if you are at least 30 feet away from all targets that have you high (top 10) on their hatelist, you will have a spell cast on you. In most cases this spell is an invisibility buff.
- - Modified the Cleric ability Divine Peace, the Paladin ability Balefire Burst, the Warrior ability Howl of the Warlord, and the Berserker ability Self Preservation to apply a sanctuary buff upon a successful escape rather than invisibility.
- - The distance restriction for the added spell component of these abilities does not apply to the hatelist removal functionality. There is no minimum distance for removing yourself from the hatelists of qualifying NPCs.
- - Put level restrictions in place on all escape abilities. Starting at level 75 most classes are only able to immediately escape combat from NPCs that are yellow con (player level +3) or lower. Exceptions to this are Rogues, Bards, Monks, Shadowknights and Rangers who can escape from NPCs that are up to 5 levels higher. AA abilities available prior to level 71 now work on creatures up to level 75.
- - All classes with escape AA abilities now have new 0 cost ranks available at each level increase that they did not previously have purchasable ranks. These 0 cost ranks increase the maximum level that the abilities will function on.
- - Bard - Increased mana cost for higher level ranks of the AA ability Fading Memories by approximately 3% per player level.
- - Ranger - Removed mana cost for the AA ability Cover Tracks and increased its success rate from 50-70-85% to 60-75-90%.
- - Magician - Combined the AA abilities Drape of Shadows and Cloak of Shadows into a single ability line Drape of Shadows which provides a chance for the Magician to escape from combat and a guaranteed chance for their pet to escape from combat. The combined ability does not require the Magician's pet to be up for the Magician to escape from combat. Merged the Magician passive abilities Hastened Drape of Shadows and Hastened Cloak of Shadows into a single line which provides a 4.5 minute reduction to the reuse time of the combined ability at max rank.
- - Shadowknight - The spell Rigor Mortis will be modified in a later patch to correctly cap the level of targets that it functions on and Last Gasp, Last Breath, Final Gasp and Terminal Breath will be updated with similar functionality to Rigor Mortis. For now, Rigor Mortis is capped at level 109.
- Modified all AA abilities that allow you to fling or gravitate your target to your location so they function only on NPC targets below your current level. Added new 0 cost ranks at every level to increase the level range that the abilities will function on. This applies to Lure of the Siren's Song, Divine Call, Moving Mountains, Warlord's Grasp, and Hate's Attraction.
- Combined the following activated AA abilities into single lines:
- - Acute Focus of Arcanum, Enlightened Focus of Arcanum and Empowered Focus of Arcanum are now ranks 2-5 of Focus of Arcanum.
- - Replenish Companion ranks 1-21 are now ranks 2-22 of Mend Companion.
- - Berserker - Cascading Rage ranks 1-10 are now ranks 4-13 of Untamed Rage. Hastened Cascading Rage has been renamed Hastened Untamed Rage and has been updated to function on all ranks of the combined ability line.
- - Berserker - Stomping Leap is now rank 3 of Battle Leap. Battle Leap rank 3 is now rank 4. Rank 3 of Battle Leap now stuns targets up to level 85 in addition to conferring a melee bonus to the caster, rank 4 now stuns targets up to level 90 as well as conferring an improved melee bonus.
- - Cleric - Improved Sanctuary is now rank 2 of Sanctuary.
- - Druid - Hand of Ro is now rank 1 of Blessing of Ro, ranks 2-5 of Blessing of Ro are equivalent to what were previously ranks 1-4.
- - Enchanter - Improved Reactive Rune ranks 1-3 are now ranks 3-6 of Reactive Rune.
- - Magician - Small Modulation Shard, Medium Modulation Shard, and Large Modulation Shard are now ranks 1-3 of a combined line: Summon Modulation Shard.
- - Magician - Fire Core ranks 1-10 are now ranks 2-11 of Heart of Flames. Extended Fire Core has been renamed Extended Heart of Flames and has been updated to work on all ranks of Heart of Flames.
- - Magician - Vapor Core ranks 1-12 are now ranks 2-13 of Heart of Vapor. Extended Vapor Core has been renamed Extended Heart of Vapor and has been updated to work on all ranks of Heart of Vapor.
- - Magician - Ice Core ranks 1-7 are now ranks 2-8 of Heart of Ice. Extended Ice Core has been renamed Extended Heart of Ice and has been updated to work on all ranks of Heart of Ice.
- - Magician - Stone Core ranks 1-10 are now ranks 2-11 of Heart of Stone. Extended Stone Core has been renamed Extended Heart of Stone and has been updated to work on all ranks of Heart of Stone.
- - Necromancer - Army of the Dead ranks 1-27 are now ranks 4-30 of Wake the Dead. Graverobbing has been renamed Hastened Wake the Dead and has been updated to function on all ranks of the combined ability line. Quickened Army of the Dead has been renamed Quickened Wake the Dead and has been updated to function on all ranks of the combined ability line.
- - Necromancer - Improved Death Peace is now rank 3 of Death Peace.
- - Necromancer - Perfected Dead Man Floating is now rank 2 of Dead Man Floating.
- - Paladin - Hand of Disruption is now rank 1 of Force of Disruption, ranks 2-15 of Force of Disruption are equivalent to what were previously ranks 1-14.
- - Shadowknight - Improved Death Peace is now rank 3 of Death Peace.
- - Shadowknight - Improved Explosion of Hatred is now rank 3 of Explosion of Hatred. All ranks have been made no-resist.
- - Shadowknight - Improved Explosion of Spite is now rank 2 of Explosion of Spite. All ranks have been made no-resist.
- - Warrior - Enhanced Area Taunt is now rank 2 of Area Taunt. Hastened Instigation has been renamed Hastened Area Taunt and has been updated to function on all ranks of the combined ability.
- - Warrior - Stomping Leap is now rank 3 of Battle Leap. Battle Leap rank 3 is now rank 4. Rank 3 of Battle Leap now stuns targets up to level 85 in addition to conferring a melee bonus to the caster, rank 4 now stuns targets up to level 90 as well as conferring an improved melee bonus.
- - Wizard - Mana Blast, Mana Blaze and Volatile Mana Blaze are now ranks 2-12 of Mana Burn. Hastened Manaburn has been updated to function on all ranks of the combined ability line.
- - Wizard - Prolonged Destruction ranks 1-15 are now ranks 4-18 of Frenzied Devastation. Sustained Destruction has been renamed Sustained Devastation. Improved Sustained Destruction is now rank 7 of Sustained Devastation. Hastened Prolonged Destruction has been renamed Hastened Devastation and has been updated to function on all ranks of both Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation.
- - Wizard - Frenzied Devastation and Sustained Devastation have been modified so that only the spells focused by these abilities will use charges and receive the focus effect. The mana cost component of these abilities has been adjusted to make them intentionally less mana efficient. The number of charges has been improved slightly for Frenzied Devastation and substantially for Sustained Devastation. The chance to critically cast granted by 'Sustained Devastation' has been improved. Two additional ranks of Sustained Devastation have been created to better match the available ranks of Frenzied Devastation.
- - Wizard - Atol's Unresistable Shackles is now rank 2 of Atol's Shackles.
- Modified the timer data for the following activated AA abilities so that they should no longer conflict:
- - Berserker - Furious Leap with Battle Leap and Battle Stomp.
- - Berserker - Savage Spirit with Identify.
- - Cleric - Call of the Herald with Harmonic Dissonance.
- - Cleric - Blessed Chains with Drakkin racial breath abilities.
- - Cleric - Innate Invis to Undead with Celestial Regeneration.
- - Enchanter - Beguiler's Banishment and Beguiler's Directed Banishment with Drakkin racial breath abilities.
- - Necromancer - Self-Sacrifice with Banestrike.
- - Necromancer - Encroaching Darkness with Bind Affinity.
- - Necromancer - Cloak of Shadows and Innate Invis to Undead with Death Peace.
- - Necromancer - Scent of Terris with Identify.
- - Paladin - Radiant Cure with Heroic Leap.
- - Shadowknight - Bobbing Corpse with Bony Grasp of Death.
- - Shadowknight - Cloak of Shadows with Death Peace.
- - Warrior - Furious Leap with Battle Leap.
- - Wizard - Translocate with Summon Clockwork Banker.
- Corrected the following issues with the AA abilities Projection of Doom, Projection of Fury, and Projection of Piety:
- - Multiple projections can now be used on a single target. Previously, if multiple projections were used on the same target only the most recently summoned pet would transfer aggro to the caster.
- - Corrected a bug where the caster would have their aggro value with the target set to the amount of hate generated by the pet rather than increased by the amount of hate generated by the pet. Previously, if the ability was used late into a fight, it could result in a net loss of hate with the target.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Removed the maximum player limit for the following Kunark zones: Karnor's Castle, The Dreadlands, Skyfire Mountains, The Ruins of Sebilis, The Emerald Jungle, Timorous Deep, and Howling Stones.
- The Plane of Fear and the Plane of Hate now load balance when populated by enough adventurers. Raid targets will only spawn in the base version of the zone.
- Increased the intensity of the effects of Mark of the Old Ways, which is applied to Magician and Necromancer pets that are engaged in combat with raid bosses, to values that are more in line with intended tuning.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- If you are currently bound in a zone that no longer allows Bind Affinity to function, that bind point will be reset to your starting location the next time you enter your current bind zone.
- Monk - The skills Eagle Strike and Dragon Punch (or Tail Rake) now share the same timer as Tiger Claw so that they will no longer conflict with the reuse timer for Kick, Round Kick and Flying Kick.
- The auto-follow command no longer requires you to be grouped with your targeted player.
- Corrected a bug that prevented the Add Funds function in the Marketplace window from working.
- Bags and items will no longer temporarily disappear on the client if you retrieve them from the shared bank and have a lore item conflict with your Parcels.
*** UI ***
- In a future release, marketplace purchases will be able to complete directly without having to open the Marketplace window. Created a new window that contains only information about the specific marketplace item to support this.
- Corrected a bug where NPC wild rampage messages were being filtered as pet wild rampage messages and vice versa.
- Changed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- Trakanon in Sebilis will drop additional Veeshan's Peak key pieces (Trakanon's Tooth) on progression servers.
- a dracoliche in pre-revamp Plane of Fear is no longer teeny tiny. He is three times his previous size, and the same size as his post-revamp version. a dracoliche in pre-revamp Plane of Fear now has a 100% chance to drop an item, up from 30%.
- The experience rewards for all bone chip quests have been retuned. Half of the bone chip quests had their reward increased dramatically. However, with the current ease of collecting bone chips in the modern game, the reward was very high in some cases, and so those quests have had the reward reduced.
- The Keg of Vox Tail Ale is now available for purchase from various merchants across Norrath.
- An Undead Bard will only spawn in the base version of Old Sebilis.
- The EverQuest Team