Bowkid 106 Rng

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Bowkid
Whee!

Bowkid 106 Rng

Post by Bowkid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:54 am

Your Main Character

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p): Gold

-Name: Bowkid
-Class: Ranger
-Race: Wood Elf
-Level: 106
-Number of AAs: 20,000+

-Magelo Number (if you have one):
none

-List which keys and flags you have:
Most

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Dryad 104 Druid
Cotthore 105 Magician
Skellon 97 Necromancer

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
Dieing on raids

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
to have fun and reach level 110 and raid

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
whenever not at work Central Time Zone

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all)
currently raiding with CN as a guest and Halo Guardians

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Halo Guardians change of pace
Amalgamated guild was disbanded

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Achie and several CN members have asked me to

Your Experience with CN
Raiding and Grouping
-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Half the Guild and yes i have grouped and raided with you

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
you all told me too

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
change of pace and more active and more progressive raiding

-Have you read the CN Rules, Policies and Looting (CNP) outlines and understand them?
yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?

-Where are you from?

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Bowkid 106 Rng

Post by Tarvas » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 pm

How you doing? Good to see your app. I am posting here for your use a guide Daddor put together for DPS if you care to try it. Some of us have been successful using it. I would highly encourage you to download Gameparse to parse yourself so that you can see how you are doing and look for ways to improve both yourself and others. The reason I bring up DPS is because more of that makes raid events go smoother as I am sure you know. If you have any questions please engage any of the CN rangers. We have a variety of philosophies on how we do what we do and there is much to learn from them and us from you. Hope to see you in game (more after this stupid vacation :( ).
Daddor wrote:BOW BURN WITH KICK (MUST BE WITHIN KICK RANGE)
I know there are many ways to do this and this is just what I do. Please feel free to make suggestions or tweaks if it will increase DPS. Tarvas is the real DPS whore so I am hoping he will have input!

Ancient Hedgewizard Brew - helps nuke harder (last about 60 mins so can use through most raids)
Tribute – Eyes of the hunter, Hero's Deftness, Juggler's Grace , Power of Will , Vengeful Aura
Glyph-Glyph of Destruction
Buffs- normal line but would try to add spirit of ta taki (Shaman adds 300 attk), and endless terror.

SET UP for burn hot bar
Create an assist social button and put it in a hot bar
/assist main
I bind this to my number 1 key.
Create an autofire social button and put it in a hot bar
/autofire
I bind this to my number 2 key.

Create a burn social button and put it in a hot bar
/pureshot discipline rk.III
/alt activate 1460 (first spire)
/alt activate 3804 (out acc)
/alt activate 872 (out attk)
/alt activate 723 (mast elem)
I bind this to my number 3 key.

Create a burn social button and put it in a hot bar
/alt activate 184 (guardian)
/alt activate 2235 (imbued fero)
/alt activate 874 (hunt pack)
/alt activate 883 (elem arrow)
I bind this to my number 4 key.

Spell casting
1 anticipated shots
2 dicho
3 focused arrowrain
4 summer’s cyclone
I bind theses to my number 5 key

Create a kick social button and put it in a hot bar
/doability 3 (normal kick for me)
/disc focused squall of blades
/disc jolting cut kicks
/alt activate 15073 (banestrike)
I bind this to my number 6 key.

On my hot bar, I have hot keyed
Auspice of the Hunter
Scarlet Cheetah Fang
Forceful Rejuvenation
2.0 epic clickie (Falcons Strike)
Breastplate clickie (Natural Alignment)
Intensity of the Resolute

So, with all that- this is basically how I do my burn
I hit 1, 2, 3, 4, then repeatedly smash 5 and 6 during hit.
I do not tie in Scarlet Cheetah Fang to a burn key because of the different situations and I try to hit it when Auspice is running. I normally click (with mouse) after I hit my #4 key as with 2.0 epic, BP clickie and Intensity of the Resolute. After first round of 3 arrow spells I hit Forceful Rejuvenation and hit them again. I will then throw in a Blisterbeattle Swarm and again when wears off.

After mastery of elements wears off I hit Scout’s Mastery of fire and ice.
After Guardian of the Forest drops I hit Group Guardian of the Forest
I then just click buttons as they refresh and that is all I do

MELEE BURN
Swap out Pureshot for Corpsestalkers and add in Reflexive Nettlespears and add a poison potion (scorpion or something)
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Tarvas
Whee!

Post by Tarvas » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 am

Just sorta thinking about things because I'm bored so this may also help and also gets into the different flavors of what we do. For myself, instead of having my spells mapped to one key and my kick social mapped to another I map it all to one key (x for me). This allows me to concentrate on hitting one key over and over again instead of two. Basically what happens when you hit the "x" key is that the first spell that is not locked out will fire. When the spell bar is greyed out the first thing in the social that is not locked out will fire. Both spells and abilities will move in this fashion as long as the "x" key is hit once when the spell bar is not greyed out and once when it is. I have never found this not function in this manner.

Some other things mapped to my x key to fire when ready is Elemental Arrows and Volatile Arrows. You can also map your disarm key to it if you are trying to get that skilled up.

The one thing you will get is a lot of :spam1: though. I have a chat window for all that so it doesn't bother me all that much, but I play with six chat windows. I hear some of the heathens around here play with only one or two. Crazy people them.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Post by Goofydoofy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:57 am

Good information, Tarvas. Maybe college is doing you some good. You actually post like an intelligent person instead of the moron you really are. Bravo!
Level 110 Druid, Level 107 Enchanter, Level 109 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Littlabit
Meanie

Post by Littlabit » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Please see your PM with information and talk more in game
thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"