Flooding

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Flooding

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 pm

So, you think Texas has it bad? Check out, India and Bangladesh and Nepal. Humans never learn. Hate to see all this suffering, and I'd be fucked if anything happened to me like any of this, but still, when do you learn to move to higher ground or something? It happens all the time.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Flooding

Postby Glauri » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:45 pm

We were talking about that today. I, for one, do not like to see the Feds get involved. Texans helping Texans is one thing. If we want to help our folks in Houston, fine. But it's just not fair that folks in N. Dakota (for example) have to pay taxes to help fools who chose to live in/below the floodplain rebuild time after time. Same as rebuilding Southern California after an earthquake, etc.

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Just remember that when those N.Dakota people experience Yellowstone caldera going super nova. They will want Texas money then. It will all wash out :)
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Gronalk
Whee!

Postby Gronalk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 pm

North Dakota has had severe flooding along the Red River in the past. They are currently building flood controls around Fargo and Grand Forks. Plenty of federal money is being used.

Lickitys
Whee!

Postby Lickitys » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Laugh Long and hard..... If the Yellowstone super volcano goes up... there will be nothing left of the United States east of there...(If you believe the Geologist's) It will be covered with up to 3-5 feet of Volcanic ash....... No money for anybody...
Lickitys
105th Level Druid of Tunare

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:18 am

Lickitys wrote:Laugh Long and hard..... If the Yellowstone super volcano goes up... there will be nothing left of the United States east of there...(If you believe the Geologist's) It will be covered with up to 3-5 feet of Volcanic ash....... No money for anybody...

I know.. it was sarcasm. Glad it made you laugh. SUCESS
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:14 am

Tandt wrote:Just remember that when those N.Dakota people experience Yellowstone caldera going super nova. They will want Texas money then. It will all wash out :)

A hyper eruption would be nice. I'd like to see the whole plant die off.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:57 am

It’s really sad to see this kind of selfish attitude.
We are citizens of the UNITED States of America and yet over the last few years (most especially the last few months) we seem to be dissolving into anarchy. Everyone for himself and GTFO of my pocket.
Trump and everything he stands for is dividing, not uniting this country. Never in my lifetime have I seen such back biting and outright selfishness in this country. We try to mind everybody else’s business around the world and we can’t even take care of our own. That worthless bastard in the whitehouse should be impeached. He’s no good to anybody. And neither are any of the ones that voted for him. Trump is not POTUS, he is SCROTUS!!
Why should someone in North Dakota help someone in Texas?
Because that’s what civil people do. They help their neighbors in need. Yes North Dakota, Texans are your neighbors and fellow countrymen. UNITED not DIVIDED States of America!!
OMG they live near the coast and got flooded. Go figure. So what should we do, abandon the concept of living near the oceans and ports? That’s fucking stupid!!
Anywhere in this country has potential for catastrophic disasters. Help your neighbors! It’s the right thing to do.
Get your heads out of your asses and your tightly clenched fists out of your pockets and at the very least pray for those that have lost everything!

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 am

Meso wrote:It’s really sad to see this kind of selfish attitude.
We are citizens of the UNITED States of America and yet over the last few years (most especially the last few months) we seem to be dissolving into anarchy. Everyone for himself and GTFO of my pocket.
Trump and everything he stands for is dividing, not uniting this country. Never in my lifetime have I seen such back biting and outright selfishness in this country. We try to mind everybody else’s business around the world and we can’t even take care of our own. That worthless bastard in the whitehouse should be impeached. He’s no good to anybody. And neither are any of the ones that voted for him. Trump is not POTUS, he is SCROTUS!!
Why should someone in North Dakota help someone in Texas?
Because that’s what civil people do. They help their neighbors in need. Yes North Dakota, Texans are your neighbors and fellow countrymen. UNITED not DIVIDED States of America!!
OMG they live near the coast and got flooded. Go figure. So what should we do, abandon the concept of living near the oceans and ports? That’s fucking stupid!!
Anywhere in this country has potential for catastrophic disasters. Help your neighbors! It’s the right thing to do.
Get your heads out of your asses and your tightly clenched fists out of your pockets and at the very least pray for those that have lost everything!

Blame Trump for everything much?
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Gronalk
Whee!

Postby Gronalk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 am

So I'm no good to anybody. Thanks for helping me sort that out Meso. UP! The Deplorables!

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 am

Gronalk wrote:So I'm no good to anybody. Thanks for helping me sort that out Meso. UP! The Deplorables!

All i'm saying is we are one big country and when help is needed hands should reach across borders and pull together in any way we can.

I blame Trump for being Trump. What has he done yet but fatten his own family pockets and rip the country apart? He cannot be trusted.

Gronalk
Whee!

Postby Gronalk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:37 am

I'm sure that help will come to TX and LA from all corners of the country. Just as it has when ND needed it. Or when Sandy hit the east coast. No country has the ability to help others more than the US.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 am

Agreed!
And apologies for going political. I hate politics and I hate the parties, both of them.
They've always had different opinions, but in the past have found ways to compromise. The last few years of taking a stonewalling stance is hurting us all.
Unite, don't divide.

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 am

Meso wrote:Agreed!
And apologies for going political. I hate politics and I hate the parties, both of them.
They've always had different opinions, but in the past have found ways to compromise. The last few years of taking a stonewalling stance is hurting us all.
Unite, don't divide.

Couldn't agree more. However till people take a look in the mirror and truly see what they have become, I fear it wont stop.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:43 pm

I don't give a shit about America. I used too, but this country has gone to shit. To say help people because they are American is just a brainwashing thing you have been conned in to giving America more credit than it deserves. It's like saying, help him, we're all Scientologists. Nationality has nothing to do with anything in my book. Like you said, it is just the right thing to do. So, if I was to hop in my car and drive any place where there was a disaster, I'd be doing it because, unfortunately, I'm human. Even though I hate humanity. I could give a shit less if it was America or Mexico or India. The fuckers in India, Bangladesh and Nepal have it 100 times worse than the people in Texas. How much has that been on the news lately? I think the way Americans treat other countries is deplorable. We try to control everybody and as a country, our citizens are just getting shit on every way possible. I hate Trump. Then again, I hate all politicians. In the end, if somebody needs help and you can help them, do it. You shouldn't give a shit about where they are from or what they believe. Suffering is suffering. I have no allegiance to anybody. If somebody attacked America and I was in a position to attack back, I'd do it because it was right and the fuckers should be dead. Not because they attacked America. Pretty sure, America deserves to be attacked for some of the shit it has pulled. It is the human condition to attack each other with or without a reason. Usually, because you are brainwashed in to believing something. If everybody could think for themselves, the world would be a better place. Fuck, the United States of America became because England decided to kill all the Indians. Not something I'd condone. Why would I defend that kind of behavior? The world is a bad place. People are bad, disasters happen all the time all around the world. Just wait until we have a major solar storm and America loses power for a few years. Will everybody band together and work together and get through it together or will people start looting and killing and being dicks? The dicks win every time. Because, that's humanity.

As a final note, I would never donate money to any relief effort for anything. They are as corrupt as everybody else. Somebody always gets a pocket full every time a disaster happens. If I could do something, I'd do it in person where I knew it made a difference. I wouldn't donate $100 only to find fifteen cents went towards the helping of the people. I've learned that con, too.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:45 pm

I never said that I wouldn't do all I could to help others in other States. I believe that we are a single Nation, and have a moral obligation to assist each other. I do not, however, believe that the Federal government should tax me for that purpose, particularly when we all know that private citizens/companies do more, do it better, and do it more quickly than the Feds.

I have friends down there who now have exactly nothing -- no home, no clothes (other than what they are wearing), no vehicle(s), no food. I also have lots of acquaintances up here in this little town, every single one of whom is doing something to help the flood victims. Some are participating in caravans of boats on trailers, some are renting trucks to take water/food/clothes/etc. Lots are donating dollars. Several have cleared out their barns to accept folks' pets temporarily. Many are offering space in their homes for those displaced.

As you said, Meso...helping each other is what we do! We don't need the Feds in the mix to screw things up!

P.S. It seems likely that rain will reach the fifty inch mark (about 1.3m). I cannot imagine that much, and what it does to everything in its path.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm

If I had any sense, I'd be down there at night scuba diving through the banks and jewelry stores getting rich.