Sad day in the world of music.
Attachments
super56.jpg
super56.jpg (7.6 KiB) Viewed 1396 times

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: R.I.P Chris Cornell

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Via suicide hanging. I've always wondered what goes on in somebodies mind who just performed at a sold out concert, staying in a nice hotel with a wife why you do it? Drugs would be my guess. But, is it drugs at the time of death or drugs just messed his mind up so much earlier in life he was never in sound mind anyway. Hell, I think about killing myself daily. But, I don't have fame, fortune nor family. Pretty simple choice for me. Keep trudging through this fucked up world working every day just to get by one more day to do it all over again with no end or joy in site, or not. Or not gets closer to winning every day.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Sat May 20, 2017 4:35 am

Drugs are a symptom not the cause. Depression is a scary abyss. Happiness does not come from the material world but from within. The happiest people I know are also some of the poorest in dollars. If you suffer from depression there are no easy answers. Brain chemistry is complex to say the least and we have a poor track record manipulating it. I will say we need to open up research on drugs like MDMA, Iowaska, and LSD. I think fear of the perceived threat they pose to the religious paradigm keeps these and other drugs that might help from seeing the light of day. Good bye Mr. Cornell you will be missed. I saw them with Danzig at a small theater in Cincinnati and it was the loudest show ever. I believe they called it the Louder Than Hell Tour. Fucking amazing!

Sincerely, Renaern Sweetleaf Ranger of the Vale

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Drugs can be the cause. Drugs can alter the brain chemistry leading to depression and suicide. They can also be the cure if depression is brought on some other way. To bad humanity is such a piece of shit we'll never be able to figure out the good and bad of it all.

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Sat May 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Honestly I have been drug fre for over 30 years....minus the booze and hospital.... I have ben blown up by ieds and shot by 7.62.....doing drugs is just plain stupid and mind altering. I watched my friends die in combat and fought it drug free. depression is a mother but drowning it with drugs will end it...the wrong way.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 am

I have no idea why people blame depression for suicide. You don't have to be depressed to kill yourself. You just have to be smart. There are millions of people living a shitty life and just because they don't want the hassle anymore doesn't make them depressed. It makes them decisive. Just because somebody sees the world and life for what it is doesn't mean they have mental problems. It just means they aren't ignorant fucks thinking everything is all rainbows and unicorns believing anything they are told. At least half of all cases called depression is just somebody sick of the bullshit. This world is shit and life in general is shit. That's the facts of it.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Tue May 23, 2017 11:57 am

Goofydoofy wrote:This world is shit and life in general is shit. That's the facts of it.
Having been extremely close to death several times in my life, I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy every day. I don't do much -- often, don't leave the house or talk to a soul. Don't have much either -- at least not much that folks would consider as 'wealth'. Some days are surely better than others. But on my worst day, I am glad that I am here to experience it, and very thankful for the people in my life. I kinda feel sorry for you, Goofy, that you don't enjoy life a lot more than you seem to do.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Glauri wrote:
Goofydoofy wrote:This world is shit and life in general is shit. That's the facts of it.
Having been extremely close to death several times in my life, I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy every day. I don't do much -- often, don't leave the house or talk to a soul. Don't have much either -- at least not much that folks would consider as 'wealth'. Some days are surely better than others. But on my worst day, I am glad that I am here to experience it, and very thankful for the people in my life. I kinda feel sorry for you, Goofy, that you don't enjoy life a lot more than you seem to do.

If I didn't have to go anywhere or deal with people, I probably would think life isn't such shit. But, I have to drive every day to and from work, at the very least, and I see the ignorance from people on the road. I deal with people every day in my job and I see the ignorance in them. I see the news and I see the ignorance of people every where, all the time. I've come close to dying twice. I could care less if I drop dead right now. Death is less of a burden than life. Nothing but ignorant trash every where you go and every where you look. Humanity should be extinct. Yea, there are nice things in life, but they aren't a part of my life so I have no reason to live. In the end, the ignorance of humans far out weighs anything good in life.

Hortonn
Whee!

Postby Hortonn » Tue May 30, 2017 12:57 pm

And now Gregg Allman. R.I.P