Old Timer Here

Moderator: Littlabit

jimbop
Whee!

Old Timer Here

Postby jimbop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:15 am

I am not sure how many in this guild might actually recall who I am, but I see at least one former Tribal Fury member still posting here. *Looks at Tarvas*

I am an old school EQ player. I was never actually a member of CN but I knew a lot of the older players. I not only knew some from my Tribal Fury days but also when CN and EoTD banded together for flagging raids for PoTime forever ago. I still look back on those raids fondly. With this all being said, I am seriously looking at a comeback to EQ. I am just trying to get a gauge on the state of the game currently. I retired my mage at level 85 with I forget how many AA's, but it was well over the 1k mark. I would be coming back as a more softcore player as I have a family and would not have the time for raiding on a daily basis. Also, I am curious how the server is doing. Is CN still on the old Vazaelle/Maelin Starpyre/whatever it is now server and what is the population like? I just want to know if it will be worth my time investment to come back if I am not going to really be able to accomplish much in the playtime I will typically have available. Thanks and hello once again to those that may still remember a gnome magician from the old days.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: Old Timer Here

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:03 pm

It is worth the investment. CN is going strong and a lot of TF members are here, like me. Top level now is 105 with about 27k AAs. But, it isn't to hard to catch up.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:13 pm

Come on! We have part time players too and would love to have you!
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:It is worth the investment. CN is going strong and a lot of TF members are here, like me. Top level now is 105 with about 27k AAs. But, it isn't to hard to catch up.

Good to see you still around Goofy. Always enjoyed your off-the-wall posts back on the TF boards.

I am in the process of downloading the game now and hopefully get to make a visit in game once it finishes. Only about half-way done now so it will still take a few minutes.

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:29 pm

Littlabit wrote:Come on! We have part time players too and would love to have you!

Sure thing. It would certainly be nice to have some familiarity with a guild I remember from the old times.

Jumjam
Whee!

Postby Jumjam » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Heya mmbop ( sorry, /hide bwahaha)

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:46 pm

Post an app here.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:41 am

Nice to see you again Jimbop. Been a while since I saw any of the old Nomadic Knights still kicking around!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

Sharrien wrote:Nice to see you again Jimbop. Been a while since I saw any of the old Nomadic Knights still kicking around!

Likewise, nice to see you as well. No there certainly are not a lot of Nomadic Knights around anymore. It is most likely just you and I left. I wonder how Mystykal is doing these days. I felt bad because she really put a lot into that guild, but the lure of higher end raid guilds tore us apart.