Help with planar flag decyphering

Moderator: Littlabit

Meso
Whee!

Help with planar flag decyphering

Postby Meso » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:03 pm

I need some help if anyone can remember how to decypher the flagging text of the Seer and the Grand librarian:

Captureseer.JPG
Captureseer.JPG (43.53 KiB) Viewed 3629 times

Capturemaelin.JPG
Capturemaelin.JPG (36.92 KiB) Viewed 3629 times

I recently killed Sol Ro, but was late for a raid and forgot that I had to hail the projection.
After the recent server reset, I killed TZ, VZ, and RZ, and hailed the projection on each but did not see the yellow flag text.
Next day I killed Sol Ro again. This time i hailed the projection, got the flag text and jumped in the portal to fire.
Today I killed Agnaar and properly hailed Karana and saw the flag text.

But Aid Grimel will not give me the final task.
Sarhya the Dawnbreeze at Plane of Air will not give me the quest for the Xenogy key indicating that I'm not properly flagged for Air
Zam says RZ and Agnaar are what is required for Water, Air, and Earth.

I've been back and forth several times between the seer and the grand librarian until the messages stopped changing.

Do I need to kill RZ again?
Do I need the Quintessence of the Elements to finish the Aid Grimel quest?

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Help with planar flag decyphering

Postby Tarvas » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:39 am

Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:59 am

If you follow Tarvas' link, look for the text you get from the Seer in Alla. If the text is blue you have completed that part. If it is black then that indicates an incomplete flag. Have you said "unlock memories" to the Seer several times? Depending on what you have done it may take several times before you are done unlocking.

Did you kill Sol Ro after the sever reset? When was that exactly?
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 am

Sol Ro should be due up tonight

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:56 pm

PoP flags

SEER INFORMATION

Find Seer Mal Nei`Shi at Neg 40 / Neg 200 in PoKnowledge.
Say 'Unlock memories' until they repeat or you see:
You manage to recover some images from your childhood, but no recent events spark a memory.
If her replies are the same after multiple 'unlock memories' and does not have the childhood quote, that is a clue to some flag(s) you are missing. Find the quote below for help on what to do.

Now say, 'guided meditation'. .... here is what they mean!
Cyan means you have finished a flag and are ready for more
Orange means something is not finished for the final flag.

Tier 1 - JUSTICE
The evidence of Mavuin is the only thing that can save him now.
- Preflagged for Mavuin
Having endured the trials, the Tribunal has agreed to reconsider Mavuin's case.
- You have the preflag, completed the trial, and talked to the Tribunal, but have yet to go back and hail Mavuin
Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
- You have saved Mavuin in one of the 6 Trials in PoJustice and are flagged for PoV/ PoS

Tier 1 - Disease
Alder Fuirstel wishes you to obtain the Ward from the Plane of Disease and take it to his ill brother Milyk.
- Received Grummus preflag by saying "What ward" to Alder Fuirstel next to PoDisease entrance. Grummus not defeated.
For a moment you pause, sticking your hand into your pocket. Inside you find the small ward that was lying near Grummus' body, perhaps you should bring it to Milyk.
- Grummus killed and Planar Projection hailed, You need Grummus preflag
Grummus has been destroyed, about his corpse you found a small ward to protect from disease.
- preflag done and Grummus killed, have not Returned to sick bay and hail Elder Fuirstel at sick bay
Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
- Grummus chain complete and have access to Crypt of Decay

Tier 1 - Nightmare
Thelin being tormented by the imagery of Terris Thule needs assistance escaping from the Plane of Nightmares.
- Hedge maze preflag, You hailed Elder Poxbourne, then hailed Adroha Jezith and said 'tortured by nightmares'
Thelin has completed his pact with Terris Thule, but has been refused. The only way to escape his torment now is to destroy Terris Thule.
- Hedge event done, and you went back to Sick bay and hailed Elder Poxbourne and Adroha again. Terris Thule not defeated in PoNB yet
Terris still haunts your nightmares whenever you attemt to recall your battle with her.
- Terris Thule defeated, PoN Hedge event not completed and or preflags for it.
Terris Thule's grasp over Thelin has been released
- Terris Thule has been defeated, Hedge event and preflags complete, but you have yet to hail Elder Poxbourne in sickbay to complete cycle.
Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
- Terris Thule completed

Tier 1 - Innovation
You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.
- PoI dragon killed and have access to factory (Not Required)
Giwin would like you to find him in Drunder so he can present you to Rallos Zek.
- You have defeated the Behemoth and have access to Tactics (no Zeks killed yet)

__________________________________________________ __________

Tier 2 - Valor
You have defeated Aerin`Dar but have yet to learn the true meaning of Justice
- Aerin`Dar defeated but have not completed a trial in PoJustice
You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
- AD killed and are flagged for HoHonor

Tier 2 - Storms
You recall meeting with Karana, but the memory is clouded. You sense that the answer you seek may be in Storms.
- Have not completed the POS key quest for BOT.
You have shown your prowess in battle to Askr, now you must make strides to get to the Bastion of Thunder.
- Turned in Bone, Beard, Sash. Have yet to turn in medalions.

Tier 2 - Crypt of Decay
Milyk has been saved from certain death, but is not recovering. Only by destroying the ruler of all things pestilant will his curse be lifted.
- Bertoxx preflag, you killed Grummus and Hailed Alder and Elder in Sickbay
Bertoxxulous has been slain. The curse from Milyk has been lifted.
- Bertoxx killed and Planar Projection hailed, have not completed by hailing Alder and Elder.
As you recall your memory of your battle against the Plaguebringer, an image of the Fuirstel brothers flashes through your mind.
- Bertox killed, however you don't have Grummus flag.
Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
- Bertoxx Done

Tier 2 - Torment
Tylis is being tortured by Saryrn. The only way for him to get away from his misery is to escape from the Plane of Torment.
- Saryrn Preflag from hailing Fahlia Shadyglade and saying 'I will go'. MUST have Terris Thule AND Bertox complete.
Although it was kind of you to help him, Tylis still seems to have no idea who you are.
- You have killed Keeper of sorrows, but do not have preflag
Tylis has been removed from his agony.
- Keeper of Sorrows Completed
You attempt to recall your defeat of Saryrn, but whenever you try to focus you feel a searing pain on your arm.
- Saryrn killed, Theres a problem with saryrn preflag, Terris Thule chain, or Bertox chain.
You feel the searing pain of torment as half of the Cipher of the Gods glows on your arm.
- Saryrn chain complete, Mith Marr incomplete.
Saryrn has been bested. An aura surrounds the mystical symbols that have appeared on your arm.
- Saryrn completed (have not hailed librarian after completing Mithaniel Marr chain)
The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
- Completed Saryrn and MM flag lines and hailed librarian (Grummus, TT, Bertoxx, KoS, Saryrn, HoH trials, MM, and all preflagging).

Tier 3 - Tactics
The pack of notes from Vallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
- Defeated Vallon Zek (disappears after you get MM/Saryrn/TZ/VZ and talk with Librarian)
Vallon Fell before you with great ease, you seem to remember some strange pouches around his body, but… well it’s probably nothing
- Vallon killed, missing TT or MB (and/or their preflags).
The pack of notes from Tallon are scribbled in a language that you cannot comprehend.
- Defeated Tallon Zek (disappears after you get MM/Saryrn/TZ/VZ and talk with Librarian)
The parchments of Rallos are scribed in a language that you cannot comprehend; they do however have detailed drawings of the manaetic behemoth that you have already destroyed.
- Flagged for elementals, but have not been flagged for fire (need Sol Ro and 5 minis)
Giwin would like you to find him in Drunder so he can present you to Rallos Zek.
- You have defeated the Behemoth and have access to Tactics (TZ and VZ not killed yet)
The words of Maelin echo in your mind, 'The Zeks and Solusek are planning an invasion in Norrath, find out more from Rallos if you can.
- MM / Saryrn / TZ / VZ killed. said "new lore" to Maelin in the library, Have not killed RZ yet. Flagged for SolRo
Your heart beat speeds as you recall the Warlord's flaming axe, behind the dark sockets of his helm you sense darker intentions.
- Ralloz Zek Defeated,

Tier 3 - Bastion of thunder
You have obtained the Talisman of Thunderous Foyer from Askr, he seeks further assistance in the Bastion of Thunder
- You are BoT flagged, but have not completed Agnarr
You recall meeting with Karana, but the memory is clouded. You sense that the answer you seek may be in Storms.
-This is if you've killed Agnarr, talked to Karana, but aren't BoT flagged yet.
The information obtained from Karana is written in a language that you cannot comprehend.
- Agnarr flag done, Have not hailed librarian after completing Mithaniel Marr path.
As you think back to your meeting with Karana the Talisman in your chest warms and a light rain falls from the sky. When you look down, a small book written in a language you can not read, rests in your hands
- Agnar and Karana completed, have not said "what lore" to Maelin
The History translated for you reveals the fate of Zebuxoruk. Trapped in the Plane of Time you must gain the power of the elements to gain entrance.
- MM / Agnar completed, said "new lore" to Maelin in the library. Do not have RZ.

Tier 3 - Halls of Honor
You have beaten Rydda`Dar in the first of Honor's trials.
- You completed RD trial (changes when other 2 are finished and MM defeated)
You have saved the villagers in the second of Honor's Trials
- You completed Ogre Tria (changes when other 2 are finished and MM defeated)
You have defeated the nomads in the third of Honor's trials.
- You completed Madmen trial (changes when other 2 are finished and MM defeated)
You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
- 3 trials in Honor completed, but Mithaniel Marr is not defeated.
An image of Mithaniel flashes before you. You have yet to earn a place of Honor. When you have, we will speak again.
- you were piggybacked into HOHB and killed Mithaniel Marr, but have not completed the three HOH trials.
An image of Mithaniel flashes before you. He looks up from a small book in his hands and smiles at you. You have not yet earned the Honor to see these words.
- You have killed both Mithaniel and Agnarr, but have unfinished HOH flags (usually seen together with the above)
The information obtained from Mithaniel is written in a language that you cannot comprehend.
- Mithaniel Marr done, Have not hailed librarian after completing Agnar path.
The History translated for you reveals the fate of Zebuxoruk. Trapped in the Plane of Time you must gain the power of the elements to gain entrance.
- MM / Agnar completed, said "new lore" to Maelin in the library. Do not have RZ.
Mithaniel has been bested. An aura surrounds the mystical symbols that have appeared on your arm.
- MM killed (have not hailed librarian after completing Saryrn chain)
The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades."
- Completed Saryrn and MM flag lines and hailed librarian (Grummus, TT, Bertoxx, KoS, Saryrn, HoH trials, MM, and all preflagging).

- Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
Grummus
- Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
Terris Thule
- Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
Bertox
- Tylis has been removed from his agony.
Keeper of Sorrows
- You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
HoHonor Trials
- The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
Saryrn & Mithaniel Marr
- The words of Maelin echo in your mind, 'The Zeks and Solusek are planning an invasion of Norrath, find out more from Rallos if you can.
Tallon & Vallon Zek

Tier 3 - Temple of Sol Ro
Arlyxir's wealth of knowledge flows through your mind.
Jiva's strength fills your body.
The power of Dresolik surges through you.
Xuzl's arcane wisdom pulses in your mind.
Rizlona's song slips through your thoughts.
- The 5 Sol Ro Mini's and what they say when you complete them (Will not appear if you have not hailed Miak in PoTranq for PoFire preflag)

Tier 3b - Sol Ro Lair
Besting the Burning Prince proves your might, but you still must prove your warrior's spirit.
- Have killed Solusek Ro but the tactics chain is not complete

Tier 4 - Elementals

Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
- Rallos Zek and Agnar completed, Access to Po Air, Water, Earth
The portal into the Plane of Fire has been altered. Miak needs you to find the correct way to channel the portal
- Preflag to killing Sol Ro
The true route to the Plane of Fire is now clear in your mind.
- Sol Ro and RZ Defeated, Access to PoFire

Tier 5 - Time
Your soul has formed a bond with the Plane of Time. You can now pass through the portal in the Plane of Tranquility safely.
- WOOT! Flagged for time

Misc Information.

Access to Temple of Sol Ro:
every flag except BoT key, Agnarr and Rallos Zek to enter Sol Ro tower. You do NOT need AD, but you have to have 3 trials and 85% your way through MM:
Access to Sol Ro Lair:
5 mini's + RZ
Access to PoFire:
Sol Ro + RZ
Access to Water/Air/Earth:
RZTW + Agnarr
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:39 pm

I dug up this page from the depths of the Zam Plane of Power flagging. Cleaned it up and posted it here.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:18 pm

This is frustrating.
The Grand Librarian's text indicates that I need to kill Manaetic Behemoth.
So I went to PoI and hailed Giwin Mirakon With the "What Great Warrior" and "test the machine" dialog.
I then engaged the Behemoth and he was killed by my pet.
Giwin showed up after the kill. I hailed him, but he did not respond and no flag.
Later I hailed Giwin at the factory entrance and he said "Well, go on then, what are you cowering around for, let us see what kind of warrior you are!"

Next time I found the Behemoth up I killed him again. This time I had my pet FD before the behemoth died in case pet killing it bugged it.
Giwin appeared again and still would not respond to my hails.
And still Giwin at the factory entrance acts as though he has given me the task and I have not completed it.

I don't know where to go with this.

I'm tempted to put a bounty on getting me the final Aid Grimil task.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:29 pm

You've done multiple unlock memories / guided mediation at the Seer? I kinda recall "unlock" potentially having to be done multiple times in a row to finally get things straightened out.

(I'm grasping, but I can't think of anything else that might do it.)

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:09 am

Multiple.
The only thing i get from her are vague memories of my childhood.
I feel as though one of my flags is bugged.

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 am

Which Grimel task are you stuck on?

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:38 am

Send feedback and have them turn all this shit in to checkboxed achievements instead.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Sharrien wrote:Which Grimel task are you stuck on?

the last one - baking

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Double check that the text the Seer gives you says:
"You have obtained the Talisman of Thunderous Foyer from Askr, he seeks further assistance in the Bastion of Thunder."
and "Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt."

If it doesn't then you might still have a problem with your Bertox flags, BoT or PoJ trials.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:14 pm

maelin2.JPG
maelin2.JPG (34.71 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

seer2.JPG
seer2.JPG (43.25 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:21 pm

giwin2.JPG
giwin2.JPG (14.53 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:35 am

It seems like there is nothing there about RZ. Maybe you're missing a RZ kill?

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:50 am

Well I killed him just a few weeks ago. Or maybe my pet did (Actually pretty sure my pet got the kill shot) and the planar projection would not respond to me.
In the fight i never touched him other than casting dots. The fight went so fast that there were no waves of mobs.

I have been in raids where a pet getting the kill shot borked the loot or the flag. So I will hunt him down again. I will stab his foot. And I will FD my pet before he dies.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:10 pm

kille RZ again. Pet was FD this time. no response from the planar projection except to turn to face me when I hailed.
Killed the 5 Sol Ro minis again. no difference from the seer

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 am

I bet you are missing one stray hail in some obscure place where you can't do it but once every 29.5 days during the midnight hour only. So frustrating having to deal with this kind of shit still after 15+ years.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Pretty much agree, some stray character flag from a npc.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:22 pm

"If you are petitioning about a bugged task or quest, please include the names of relevant items, NPCs, dialog and any ‘work arounds’ you have already tried."

Indeed! I believe there to be a bug. To my knowledge I was only missing Sol Ro and Agnaar and I have since dispatched them. The Behemoth task seems bugged. I have killed him twice. Also the quest giver to the Plane of Air Key will not give me the task although I believe I should qualify. What flags am I missing and what might be bugged?

"This is GM Dunbar. I am sorry to hear that you feel there may be a bug with this flagging sequence. I have forwarded your concerns to our development team. If you could please also submit a bug report at https://dgcissuetracker.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and our developers will take a look at this issue and make any necessary corrections as soon as possible. You will not receive a reply from our Development team, but each bug report is looked into by them.

Although this issue tracker site is the designated site for the developers to track issues; it is not linked to your game account. You will therefore need to register on the site to post your bug. I recommend not using the same User Name and Password that you use for your Daybreak play account; or any other account for that matter.

As The Development team will be responsible for future changes and bug fixes regarding this issue, Customer Service will not be able to assist you with bypassing this issue or make any reimbursements as any fixes for this will need to come from a developmental level. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

I don't know if there is a bug. But if you tell me that I am missing a flag that I know I should have then I would have a better idea. I certainly do not want to start over. I just want to know what I need to do to get Aid Grimil to give me the last task. Please tell me what I am missing and i will go do it. If then he still will not give me the task then I will file a bug report.

"This is GM Dunbar. All I can recommend is repeating the tasks associated with the clues that Seer Mal gives you and be sure to complete all of the hails associated with those tasks. Flagging problems like this usually occur due to a missed hail. I wish you luck! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!"

I have expressed my concern and done my due diligence. I have killed the behemoth again and attempted to hail. I have killed Rallos Zek again, this time assuring that my pet was FD to keep from bugging it with a pet kill. I have done all of the hails that I believed I should. I even went and killed again the 5 minis of Sol Ro although I was pretty sure I had previously done them. This is old content and the flagging was obtuse when it was new. I just want to unlock the baking quest of Aid Grimil. The Seer and grand librarian hint at missing RZ and/or the behemoth yet I have done these repeatedly. Is it too much to ask you to fix this flag and let me move on or tell me what it is that I have left to do? "Good luck, and thanks for playing" just doesn't cut it. This is the kind of thing that makes people give up and leave the game. This flagging system was bad then, known to be bad, and has not been repeated in subsequent expansions for obvious reasons. I need help with this and there is no way to get help with this flagging except to look behind the curtain and see what is missing. After 17 years and 22 expansions I doubt that my patience can tolerate the level of frustration this is causing me. I have serious doubts that I will invest again in another expansion.

This is GM Dunbar. I have updated your flags to reflect elemental access. You should be able to pick up Grimel's final task now. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 am

FINALLY????

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:12 am

Amusing.

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 am

Lol, squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:58 am

I swear I think these GM's work at my I.T. Department. Gotta ask them three times and then copy the boss before anything gets done.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:15 am

Found this for flag info

http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html
Alan
I'm a Tank!