Application for membership

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Ilandur
Whee!

Application for membership

Postby Ilandur » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:12 pm

The Basic Info - *Required Info*

-Name- Ilandur
-Class- Wizard
-Level- 60
-Is this character a main or an alt?- This is my main character
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item?- Yes I do
-List which keys and flags you have.- I have the key to Sebilis...and that's it.
-Do you have a clicky buff item?- Yup

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?-
First of all, porting is one of my favorite abilties, to be able to port people all over the world in an instant. Also the large repertoire of damage spells for all thinkable situations enables me to gauge myself to situations better. Finally, I like the Eye of Zomm, it has to be one of the most fun things there is.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)-
The few times I have raided stuff, it has all be very memorable and alot of fun. So I definately want a repeat. I very much enjoy grouping and tend to stay in one place for weeks at a time having great fun with the regulars. Soloing is to me an artform(as I'm really not that good at it) and I like to challenge myself by taking on harder and harder creatures to hone my skills. Tradeskilling is one of my favorite things to do, I can do it anytime, anywhere and make good use of everything I create. I haven't done alot of exploring lately, due to there being all these big scary monsters. But it too does get my heart racing, the wish to see what's just over the horizon or past that hill. When I comes to questing, I may appear as a bit old-fashioned. I like to do old-quests, old, long, fun quests...that aren't too hard. Fun things they are. Last but not least, hanging around in zones talking to people in /ooc or helping low levels achieve things keeps me occupied a great deal.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now.-
Seeing as I've just come back from a lengthy vacation, I'm not doing much. But I can see myself picking up tradeskills shortly.

-What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?-
Log on. Say hi to friends and/or guild. Strike up a conversation if there is none whilst finding out what to pursue that night. Pursue my goal whilst asking for the help I probably need concering tips/tricks. Get to it and travel the world for what I desire. Get tired and log off for the night.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)- Well, let's see...
My primary goal right now is to redeem myself in the eyes of all bakers and arise to retake my title as Grandmaster Baker. Long-term goals include finishing my prayer shawl and getting around to doing my epic quest at some point....I know there used to be a lot more, but my memory has shuffled them away.
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
My timezone is GMT +1 and I normally play from 6pm to whenever I get too tired to go on(1 or 2 am)

-Please list your alts on Vazaelle (just names).-
Rhaverha, Kimbledop, Tulethiriae, Khaenklir

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.-
I have been a part of: Guardians of the Gate(the first one) before they disbanded suddenly, Heroes Transcendent(they too just poofed), uhh, I know there's another one before I joined: Immoral Sovereignty and stayed there for a great deal of time before eventually becoming elected as it's leader. This guild was disbanded later on for lack of members, finally I was also a member of Silver Gauntlet which disbanded too.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.-
I am no longer a member of any guild.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.-
Well, I know I've seen you guys running around for as long as I can remember. I think I even grouped with a few of your alternates in Highkeep in my time. But other than that, I have not been exposed to you at all.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?-
I have read the guild guidelines and this guild seems like it has a nice friendly family atmosphere while at the same time maintaining a structure for arranging guild events. These two points lead me to believe I will enjoy a membership.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?-
Well, first of all I'm hoping to get to know some of you guys make some new friends as all my old ones have long since moved on. My own quests ad goals can come in their own due time, all I know is that I'll actually have a chance at them if I'm in a guild.

CN Rules and Policies - Required Reading for all Applicants
-I have read the Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No)-
Yes, I have read the rules, understand them and agree with them.

-Feel free to include any other info you think we should be aware of. Thanks!-
Whew long post. Hum what else? Oh right. At times I may be a little bit...shall we say, eccentric, about about little things(factions, cute and cuddly animals, the preservation of the gnoll wildlife, that sort of stuff) and defend my viewpoints on them until proven otherwise or just out of stubborness. Other than that, cute and cuddly things are the best!

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:21 pm

HAHA! I like you already!! Great to see your Application!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:28 pm

Cute and cuddly things ARE the best! I refuse to kill animals for that reason (well, and because they innately love me)... we should definitely hook up and not kill some cute things. :D

Look for any of us in game and we'll get you into our apps chat channel. Look forward to meeting you.

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:30 am

I remember you from Heroes Transcendent!! that was what... 3 years ago? man... Good to see ya app, and hope to see ya round in game~

(formerly Dizzyfist/Ballzi)
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
Now residing in WoW

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:26 am

At times I may be a little bit...shall we say, eccentric, about about little things(factions, cute and cuddly animals, the preservation of the gnoll wildlife, that sort of stuff) and defend my viewpoints on them until proven otherwise or just out of stubborness.

Lol Woot!

I loved reading your application, I bet you're a blast to play with! A blast...get it? Wizzy? har har har! Ok you may be eccentric, I tell horrible jokes. Fair enough. :lol:

You'll find that most CN are between 65 - 70, but at the same time we're in some serious need of wizzard love, so while there is a bit of a level difference, you do have the advantage of being a class we're currently rather low in. So...I can't wait to see you in the apps channel, we'll get you involved in some raids and exp groups soon :)

Talk to you soon!
Silly
(the cleric not the adjective...well maybe both)

Ilandur
Whee!

Postby Ilandur » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:00 pm

Thanks for all the nice replies! Having fun getting to know you guys already.