Warrior 105

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Warrior
Whee!

Warrior 105

Postby Warrior » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 am

Application for Membership
If you are not a main... or you have a main in another guild or on another server and trying to app to CN with a alt, Please do not fill out the app or proceed any further.

Your Main Character

Account type: Gold
-Name: Warrior (formally Wars on Vox)
-Class: Warrior (yes the same)
-Race: Dwarf
-Level: 105
-Number of AAs: 10947

-Magelo Number (if you have one):http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1955387

-List which keys and flags you have: Raidwise: everything Pre Xorbb 3 in ROF. First couple raids in COTF. Groupwise: All RoF. All COTF. In last zone (Arx) in TDS.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Will be moving these tomorrow.
Gnom 104 Mage
Shamz 103 Shaman
Clerik 102 Cleric

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
I enjoying many part of EQ save tradeskilling even though I maxed them.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I'm looking forward to picking up raid progression where I left off in Cerberus at Xorbb 3.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
PST. My start times are around 6PM, so I know I will be an hour late to the 2 weekday raids.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all)
I will make all raids save the 2 hours during the week

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Cerberus. It's prob. been explained 100x already :P

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I only know the people that were just invited from Cerberus

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Because many of my old guildmates are here and the raidtime, although not perfect, fits well with me, and the guild's raid progression is where I like to be.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
Fun:) I really like to see ROF, COTF and TDS in it's entirety

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yes

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: Warrior 105

Postby Littlabit » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:22 pm

PM sent with information good to see your app , talk more in game, thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 am

Not to be a dick here, but your chosen character name has some logistical nightmares with it for raiding. It adds confusion where none is needed.

Some suitable alternatives could be (this is humor).

Dethwar
Warpillow
Warpath
Warpickle
Warpickles
Fruitofwar
Warnot
Warofmany
Wartoyourmomma
WarWhat
Warwhatisitgoodfor
Absolutleynothing
WarHU

:)
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 am

The link to the CN detail page I can't get to. Can someone please point me to the CN rules. Thank you.

Tandt, my name was Wars but it was taken I was actually surprised Warrior went through. I thought it was funny, but I also thought I would have to change it or a GM might change it.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:41 am

The CN rules are on the same page as the blank application just right above it. Look at first link at top of apply for membship
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:50 am

Maybe I'm missing it but all i see in that post is:
11. CNP is earned while raiding. CNP is kept on our CNP website so that you can check your balance at any given time. CNP is earned on your main that you apped with when you apped to CN. IF alts are asked / or added to raid CNP will be earned on that toon separate then your main. Any alt that wish to bid on loots will pay X2 the amount but no higher than HALF what is the max CNP value. This stops alts from outbidding mains on loots. Mains are the backbone of the guild and we want to gear up our mains. (Full details are here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=305)

Link doesn't work because of permissions.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:53 am

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:57 am

I read that and I can't find any details on. It seems rather vague.

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 am

This is the link that doesn't work (Full details are here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=305)

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 am

YEs the full CNP details / rules are on the restricted side of the board. are there any specific questions you may have ?

Here are the consolidated rules.

1. We will be putting a Maximum bid on items, and that will be calculated the way we currently do.

2. The Minimum bid will be 1 CNP. If someone isn't willing to pay 1 CNP for an item, it will most likely rot.

3. There will be no more god looting of items. If no bids are recieved the item will be left to rot, and FFA will be called. This would be the point at which an app would be allowed to loot.

4. If we get a tie for the winning bid, the item will go the person who bid the highest, AND has the highest current CNP.

5. Alts are only allowed to bid up to half the maximum, as we prefer loot to go to mains (and alts are charged double, so at a half item price bid, they will be paying full price).

6. If you are in the negative already, you are allowed to bid 1 CNP. This will prevent something from rotting that is an upgrade for someone. But will not allow someone already negative to outbid someone who does have points.

7. Bids of fractional values are NOT allowed. This creates more work for those doing the loot, and can create mindgames that we don't want.

8. Maximum of one (winning) max bid per event.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 am

How is CN earned exactly? Seems to be a net sum rule?

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 am

total spent on items per event divided by number of members in the raid = what you earn.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:57 am

Thank you for listing that out.

One thing that strikes me right away is the amount of DKP bloat. In that, there is more DKP being earned then spent by a large margin. I know this can happen when items bids have a cap. It appears many members have almost a year or move DKP saved. Then I see "4. If we get a tie for the winning bid, the item will go the person who bid the highest, AND has the highest current CNP. " How do you see this from an apps POV?

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 am

Well I guess I look at it this way.. I have raid ALOT for a LONG time, I don't save my CNP at all.. BUT when something drops that I know is a upgrade for someone else then yes I will pass because it is better for the guild as a whole for the loots to go around. I don't look at it as "saving" my CNP at all.. I look at it as making sure everyone gets something. If something drops that I want and its a upgrade for me then yes I bid..

CNP is "earned" the more you raid the more you get.. so from a apps POV (I was there at one time too) Guess I better raid if I want upgrades and "earn" my CNP. Everyone who has large amounts of CNP have worked their butts off to get every CNP they have. The large numbers you see are the ones who have been in CN for years..

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 am

Your logic is flawed. Look at it this way. So I guess if you start a job and they offer vacation time that can be accumulated, you being the new employee should be given the same amount of time off that say a 10 year vet would have ? That will never happen. You earn and keep your CNP by what you put in.

Those of us who have very large numbers of CNP are that way for 2 reasons. 1. we have raided a very long time with this guild, 2. we rarely buy anything.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior

Warrior
Whee!

Postby Warrior » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you for your time and explaining your position.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:16 pm

And then there are loot whores like me! ;)

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Don't forget raid currency and class specific items which are typically cheap. The veterans get first pick of dropped loot which is completely fair given their investment in CN. There is plenty of loot to go around, especially if you raid often. And if you raid often, CN is getting their investment back by equipping you.