100 Beastlord Max aa

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Xaoz
Whee!

100 Beastlord Max aa

Postby Xaoz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Application for Membership

Your Main Character: Xaoz

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p): GOLD

-Name: Xaoz
-Class: Beastlord
-Race: Ogre
-Level: 100
-Number of AAs: 12,750+

-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2750237

-List which keys and flags you have: Raid flagged through ROF/HOF

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Mileren 100 monk, zeffx 100 rog

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
Raiding, camping named, TS's

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I want to progress and have fun while doing it, Been in a lot of seriousface guilds that are too strict and demanding. I need a guild that is family oriented who won't push me around. It's a game after all and there's people who are way too pushy and strict in their raid leadership.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
7pm to 12am EST

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. 80%

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
RBB - Leadership was a bunch of tightwad jerkarounds, do what we say or face our trolling. It was either Hop to it, and shut up and let them yell or you're not part of the team.

Triality - I was in for a month but they folded because of low numbers / lack of healers and the desire of the guild leader to move the guild to EQ2, which I did not want to do.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Kelinu that I know still plays. I knew about three other people but I have not seen them in a long time.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Kelinu told me to give it a shot.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
I just want to raid and help others while enjoying my own class. I also need a bit of gear still but I am wearing mostly full Cultural. I am on track with most of my quests and hero etc. I have the augs from collection/Hero. so I have very nice augs to go along with gear. I am also the 7th bst on the server for not having raided with him in several months.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

I read through them I understand them.

I know you're not "taking" beastlords right now but I'm an exceptional player and I have time to raid. I need something different so I can actually enjoy playing the game again. I have been yelled at, talked down to and generally felt like EQ was a job for the last six months. I know when to be serious and get down to business but the top tier guilds don't even let you crack jokes. It's too militarized almost, and I know there's a lot of military poeple who play but I don't enjoy being prodded around like a cow by people who need to increase their E-Peen.

Ommina
Whee!

Re: 100 Beastlord Max aa

Postby Ommina » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Kelinu is a wonderful person, who has saved more than one raid.

Normally, for what follows, I would send as a PM, but maybe it is worth posting publicly for the enjoyment of others.

Please, please be aware of the transition you are making. In the past, we've found that (sometimes!) players coming from the top-tier raiding guilds find our more 'relaxed' (most of the time) style of play somewhat frustrating. We don't progress as quickly, and we stall for longer periods when we hit up against more difficult raids. Lacking a required RA, there is a lot of variance in attendance and class makeup from evening to evening, which can make things interesting.

I don't say this to discourage you - I really don't. I just want to ensure that you're able to make the most informed decision you can now, so you're not left unhappy and annoyed three months hence.

---

As an aside, normally Littlabit would do her boilerplate reply here, but I understand she has outside commitments for the next few days. Derdarr will be filling in in her stead, although he may not know this yet.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:01 pm

PM sent with information, I will be back after this weekend.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Of course, I could be mistaken.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 pm

No, I just have my Kindle with me and I'm sitting here doing nothing but staring a wall figured I could help even while I sit.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

You'll be happy to know 'Bit that you healed tonight even better than usual! ;)
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Caladain
Whee!

Postby Caladain » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

You did beat Glauri on the heal parse, but then again, she doesn't heal!

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Caladain wrote:You did beat Glauri on the heal parse, but then again, she doesn't heal!

I think even you, Cala, beat me on that parse!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:18 am

RBB - Leadership was a bunch of tightwad jerkarounds

you left out a few descriptors - asshats, punks, nazis, fukwits, tools, raid snobs, bullies, bastages, . . . oh i could go on . . .

Welcome!

Xaoz
Whee!

Postby Xaoz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks guys, I look forward to talking with you, I am online today so feel free to message me. I set up the channel for the app process as well to autojoin.