Repeating Crossbow

Moderator: Littlabit

Emarinn
Whee!

Repeating Crossbow

Postby Emarinn » Wed May 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Has anyone else tried the combine for Repeating Crossbow? I tried this last night, and on failure the Planing Tool poofed; it wasn't returned to me on failure, as it should be. I bought another one, and the same thing happened.

So, is it an Emarinn issue (no comments, Tarvas!) or is the combine FUBAR for others?
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Repeating Crossbow

Postby Tarvas » Wed May 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Made several and had a couple of failures. The planing tool was always recovered. Must be a bug or something.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Well, I /bugged it in game, and CS was zero help.

No acknowledgement of there being an issue. I was, however, informed that I should raise my fletching skill before attempting this combine so I don't have as many failures! /rolls eyes. GM fail on that one!

I was able to produce the bug on three separate occasions, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe EQ didn't want me doing any trade-skills in PoK last night or today.
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 am

was your inventory full?

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 am

If you do not use the default UI you may be experiencing a similar bug to one I have been dealing with myself. Graphic for many items simply will not render and therefore the items become 'invisible'. They are still there (you can hold down alt key to show what is in inventory and you will see them listed in a slot, or you can hold your cursor over the slot and you will see they item name listed, but you will not see the gfx for the item. It is slightly maddening and may yet drive me to tinker with my UI again to get it fixed, we shall see.
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 am

I've had a strange thing happen a few times when handing someone an item as they move away. The trade gets cancelled and the item poofs, nowhere to be found in either inventory.
Log out and back in and the item reappears.
So if you log does the planing tool appear again?

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Thu May 09, 2013 2:20 pm

My inventory was no where near full, so that wasn't the issue.

I've never experienced the "invisible" bug. I'll have to check that out when I do log back in. I've got a trader up now, but when I get on later, I'll log all the way out, then back in, and see if it reappears. Not sure if it will, since I've /camped a few times and logged in other characters, but it's worth a shot!

I may load default (ugh!) and try the combine and see if my custom UI is the issue.

Thanks for all the suggestions...we'll see what happens!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Thu May 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Logged out of the game completed, and logged back in. No planing tools.

Loaded up default UI and tried the combine...same problem. Poof goes the planing tool upon failure.

I checked for the "invisible item", and that was a no-go also. It looks like there is just a bug with the combine.

Or, the recipe REALLY doesn't like me...