Dakron - Shadow Knight, 65 soon

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Dakron
Whee!

Dakron - Shadow Knight, 65 soon

Postby Dakron » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:48 am

-Name Dakron Ka'zin
-Class Shadow Knight
-Level 60 at this time, i've decided where I want to go so this is my "heads up" for when im 65. I anticipate being 65 in a week or so.
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? No, I'll take care of that however.
-List which keys and flags you have. None.
-Do you have a clicky buff item? No, but i'll work on that.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? I enjoy TMing and keeping mobs busy while group/raid takes care of main mob. I also enjoy Shadow Knights because it gives me a liscense to talk to NPC's in a demeaning fashion.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) It's a part of my social life, I enjoy everything about Everquest.
-What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? I'm just getting back into the game, but I like routine for the most part. I enjoy playing with familiar faces and doing a little grind work here and there. Perhaps working on some TS or perhaps getting pscyhed out for a upcomming raid. That pretty much falls out just like anyone that plays EQ I imagine.
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) I have no goals for my character, my goal is for "ME" to enjoy an online experiance through an avatar...which is a 5 year old Shadow Knight..
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? EST, evenings on the weekdays, weekends vary as I don't work but I might go do some RL things here and there
-Please list your alts on Vazaelle (just names). No other char's besides a mule. When I log on its always Dakron.
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. I've been in 2 guilds in my life. My first one was Celestial Navigators, go figure. I left because I was slowing down in EQ and at the time and there was a shakedown happening which is an expected part of guild growth. After a break for a few months or so I met a new friend and joined Royal Defenders of Fen, had a fantastic time there and was a good group of people. A little small and more social the guild eventually fell to no members, no biggy. After that I quit EQ for 2 years or so.-
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. Just me, myself and I.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember. All my CN history goes back to Kunark/Velious doing epic hits for Jhereg in lavastorm, BW for Wist, Chardok for Teory and some other stuff. CN wasn't doing very many raids really back then. I think we did a couple runs to Plane of Hate (before it became the gimpiness it is today) and other things. Other names I know from CN are Buaz who was the only other Shadow Knight in the guild besides me at the time, he joined a couple months after I did. Geekjoker was a kewl guy also that I remember from the old days, I think I even ran into him in Iceclad one day when I came out of my first retirement. I was originally guilded by Teory back when me and her/him were level 37 or so hunting in the bedroom of Lower Guk.
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? It's my roots. And it offers the environment I want to be part of. I don't have much to offer myself as I'll be 65 at time of official app and I have no flags for anything since I quit before PoP really was out long. I know however that my temperment and CN's style fit very well.
-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? Im pretty set in my ways, however thats pretty non issue as my needs are minimal. I enjoy doing something...ANYTHING! I do not ask for high experiance zone groups.. I do not ask for preferance or pity on the account of loot and personal questing. I just ask that im part of something. If im not flagged and can't get raided in, thats cool with me. my philosophy is simple. "I am here to provide what i can for the guild. I am not here for the guild to provide for me."

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 am

Wow! You are oldschool CN :) Well you'll be happy to find a lot of those people are still here, Jher, Buaz, Geek, etc!

I look forward to seeing you around ;)
Silly

Dakron
Whee!

Postby Dakron » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:53 am

UPDATE: I'm level 63 now. Silly, is there a channel or something I can join to keep in touch with CN and learn of groups or raids going on so that I can get to know the members?

I'm thinking by this weekend or so i'm going to be off the grind and will be itching to meet some people since CN has changed quite a bit from when I was in it. Would like to get to know some of ya'll and put my old school skills to the test. I imgine I have a lot of adapting to do.
Dakron Ka'zin
65th Level Dread Lord
Innoruuk

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:06 am

Hi Dakron. Thanks for your app. 8) Yeh, get with one of us in the game and we'll get you in our apps chat channel. You can immediately join us on any and all guild raids and events. SO glad you apped. Looking forward to knowing you. :)
<br><table border=1><tr><td><center>~ <a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=661115>Galarina Justmight </a>~<br>Celestial Navigators</td></tr></table>

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:57 am

Hi Dak - they're still a great bunch and will be great for you to get to know them all again - I'm kind of a full time board troll as haven't played EQ since about last September but I'm here pretty much every day and can tell you, you're in good hands with the current bunch of officers and guildies :)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Dakron
Whee!

Postby Dakron » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:39 am

Hey gang, got to level 65 and plan on logging on to get to know some of you probably Friday evening or sometime over the weekend. Look forward to some chat and hope to get in a little group action as well. I'll shoot one of you a tell and we'll go from there, thanks for letting me apply. 8)
Dakron Ka'zin

65th Level Dread Lord

Innoruuk

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:00 am

WOW Congrats on 65! Sorry we didn't get you the apps channel sooner, my schedule has been really weird lately so I havent been on at my usual times.

See you around soon!
Sil

Dakron
Whee!

withdraw request unfortunately

Postby Dakron » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:12 am

Sorry all, I was able to get online once about 2 weeks ago and then I got stuck with another project at work that is keeping me from playing. I was pretty excited to start playing again and some buddies of mine are comming back as well. I'm afraid that for now I won't be able to make it online for some time and ask that my app be withdrawn. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to have a online life again, who knows :cry: . In anycase thanks for allowing me to app, I guess when I am able to come back i'm just going to stay unguilded and be a casual w/ friends player. No time for a guild like I thought I would get.
Dakron Ka'zin

65th Level Dread Lord

Innoruuk

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:23 am

OK, Dakron. Thank you for letting us know. Keep in mind that CN has no raiding or "time online" requirements and we'll be here if things change for you and you decide to reapply. Good luck in all you do.
<br><table border=1><tr><td><center>~ <a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=661115>Galarina Justmight </a>~<br>Celestial Navigators</td></tr></table>