Everquest is Going to Free to Play/Silver/Gold Memberships

Moderator: Littlabit

Zahashah
Whee!

Everquest is Going to Free to Play/Silver/Gold Memberships

Postby Zahashah » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yes! EQ is going to Free To Play ... with limitations.
Other Memberships are Silver and Gold.
Here is a link to info http://www.everquest.com/free/

My understanding is that this goes Live on March 16, 2012
You can download EQ Here http://launch.soe.com/everquest/

Here is info on Free to Play Character Restrictions:
Here are the races /classes that can be created in Free to Play after Feb 29, 2012:
The four free races included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Human, Erudite, Barbarian and Gnome.
The four free classes included with FREE and Silver Memberships are: Warrior, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue.

If you have races / classes on older EQ Accts ( which would be considered Gold Accts ) even if they have remained inactive for a long period of time:
- Character Slots: When you downgrade from Gold, all characters that are on the account will still be visible to you.
Characters that were created before February 29, 2012 will be allowed to log in (regardless of if you are currently over the cap of characters or do not have their race or class unlocked).
Characters that are created on or after February 29, will only be available for use if you have both the race and class unlocked. For character slots, only the most recently logged-on characters
(up to the character slot cap for your membership level) will be available for play.

Free to play and Silver Accts are limited to House of Thule Expansion and lvl 90.

Hope To See Some Old Timers Retuning To Norrath!
Zahashah
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Re: Everquest is Going to Free to Play/Silver/Gold Membershi

Postby Rendus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, there've been a few posts here and there on this discussing some of the limitations.

I'll be making an appearance, and since it's actually free, there's no real reason for me to not come back at my leisure - there's always been this "wait, I'm going to pay $15 to play Everquest for a couple days?" voice in the back of my head whenever I thought about giving it a go.

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 am

I am excited to start a free account just to play around with and mabey try some boxing. I'll keep my current account gold.

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Anyone know what happens if you move an older character to a new account? Will he still be flagged as playable (created before Feb 29) if you let that account go Free/Silver?

Zahashah
Whee!

Postby Zahashah » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Hey Nerple,

I don't think you can do Character transfers between accounts.
You can reactivate an old acct or start a new one and have them at any Teir of Membership...
Free to Play , Silver or Gold membership.

This is copy /pasted from the free to play FAQ section
If you have races / classes on older EQ Accts ( which would be considered Gold Accts ) even if they have remained inactive for a long period of time:
- Character Slots: When you downgrade from Gold, all characters that are on the account will still be visible to you.
Characters that were created before February 29, 2012 will be allowed to log in (regardless of if you are currently over the cap of characters or do not have their race or class unlocked).
Characters that are created on or after February 29, will only be available for use if you have both the race and class unlocked. For character slots, only the most recently logged-on characters
(up to the character slot cap for your membership level) will be available for play.

All restrictions apply for free to play and silver accounts whether they are old accounts or new ones
... you will not lose what you have, but if you are over the limit on cash you will not be able to earn more till you go down below the limit.
If you are over the limit for AA's you will not be able to earn anymore unless you upgrade to Gold Membership.

Hope That Helps!
em/ holds out her hand for Nerple to lick
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Tchien
Munkygurl

Postby Tchien » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Logged in long enough to see I can't use any of the "prestige" gear I had earned. I could deal with most of the rest of the limitation, but not being able to use what I have already earned burns me bad.

I'll be paying attention to this thread, but don't expect to see me on for more than goofing off on a gimped alt unless this changes.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I checked it out earlier this morning, everthing was yellowed out on Verige... and have my alts gear were yellowed out due to augs.

on pally Flameshield Stone(25 ac augs) are prestige but the bloody kithicor theme aug Blood of the Fallen is not prestige.

This Prestige and taking away j5 mercs from veteran returning players was way overboard.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Abstruse armor isn't prestige and likely better than most of what people are wearing. Tier 1 to 4 non visibles from the Dream Mote merchant are also not prestige. I'm not sure on Recondite armor, but Ambiguous is likely prestige.

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:02 pm

tonites patch also is removing some of the prestige tags and also fixing the bug of having a power source on causing the prestige tag to be applied to all your armor regardless of type.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Isn't there more changes to augs in April? I thought I remember seeing that there would be a patch then about prestige and some augs.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I want to meet whoever came up with the extended targeting window and have their children.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 am

Bend over.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:54 am

I already did THAT when I started playing again.