Facebook and its games

Moderator: Littlabit

Jhereg
Whee!

Facebook and its games

Postby Jhereg » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Since Smawl's AION thread was stolen I thought I would start one here for facebook games. For those not aware we do have a facebook group. It is mainly for letting members and past members find each other.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5796617300&ref=ts

Currently I would only recommend Mafia Wars (though it can get tedious its actively developed), and Treasure Mania (for its mini games).

Katniah
Whee!

Re: Facebook and its games

Postby Katniah » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:32 am

I have a question about Treasure Mania for all of those treasure hunters out there. Do you only donate a collection to the museum once? I am curious b/c I am finding treasures that belong in collections that I have previously donated, I would like to send them to others unless I need them to duplicate a donation.

Kat aka BJ

Also, of you are on facebook and play treasure mania I need 2 more team members :) . You can find me as BJ Lord, send an add then we can be team members and I can dig up the areas that require 15 members! Thanks

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 am

You only donate once yes, the others you can trade or give to people.

Katniah
Whee!

Postby Katniah » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:28 am

Thank you, Jhereg and thank you to Zady for adding me! big hugs to my great CN family!

Kat aka BJ

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:11 am

I have been playing mafia wars when i can get internet.

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 pm

I've been spending a lot of time on Mindjolt games playing Globs, brick.. something.. It's a neat little place for the arcade and puzzle type stuff. I also try to beat whoever at whatever they played :mrgreen:

Kind of burnt out on treasure mania, farmtown, farmville, mafia wars etc. But if you send me a neighbor/group/clan/mob invite, I'll happily join so you can get numbers.

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 pm

im hooked on Cafe World you can make your own cafe and food and stuff haha
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Katniah
Whee!

Postby Katniah » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:38 pm

I am at 18 team members on Treasure Mania, need 2 more in order to access certain areas. If you are on Facebook and play Treasure Mania, send me an add :) You will find me as BJ Lord, I am also part of the CN facebook group, thanks!

Kat aka BJ
Retired CN Wizzy

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 am

I've only 16 team members in Treasure Mania, and would love it if 4 of you would join my team! You don't need to do anything, I just need the magic '20' team members to acquire some of the treasures. Just look for Janice Kushner.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 am

OK on treasure mania I have alot of extra items that I can give, how do I know who needs them? If I click on the item and put give to friend does it show me who has on wish list? Or do you have to go throu each person and look at each wish list? Everytime I post my wish list it is like BAMB you guys know what to send. tell me the secret! BTW im addicted and I blame Jhereg and SIlly for making me accept the game. /hugs
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:54 am

OH 2nd question if you donate your collection to the dude, do you have to collect it again? Or do you still keep credit for having it? thanks
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 am

You can only donate the collection once. I've done trades with Alyssa and Julie(Edhil) and a few others in the past. Basically in chat you go through and see which other items people need to finish up collections besides the ones in the wish list.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 am

Easier way to see what folks need is to click on "My Team" (near the top). It will show you everyone's Wish List, which of those items you have already donated to your museum, which of those items you have (and how many), with a handy 'person' icon which, if you click it, will donate your item to them!
Glauri

Katniah
Whee!

Postby Katniah » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:40 pm

I've only 16 team members in Treasure Mania, and would love it if 4 of you would join my team! You don't need to do anything, I just need the magic '20' team members to acquire some of the treasures. Just look for Janice Kushner.

I am on your team and you have helped me by sending me goodies, thanks! Join us so we can reach the "20" mark! :) Thank you to Jhereg, Silly, Sid and all of the others that have sent items from my wish list as well!

Easier way to see what folks need is to click on "My Team" (near the top). It will show you everyone's Wish List, which of those items you have already donated to your museum, which of those items you have (and how many), with a handy 'person' icon which, if you click it, will donate your item to them!

yep, this is what I do, however I see that not everyone fills out the wish list, OR they need items that I am way to low to get. :cry:

Kat aka BJ

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm

OMG I need ONE more teammate to have 20 and be able to finish a ton of quests. Someone please join! You don't have to actually DO anything once you join!
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 am

Im already on your team :)

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:52 am

Yeah I think if you play the game you're automatically on your friends' teams.. You're going to have to invite people who don't play to get more team members.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:13 am

If your stupid enough to summon a Cronus like me in Castle age without realizing the pain, post on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... all&ref=mf links for assisting. You can post every 30 minutes. The weapons summoned do the majority of the damage.

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:34 pm

I started playing Mafia Wars not too long ago, so if anyone is interested in joining my Mafia, let me know. The more, the merrier!

I've also fooled around in Castle Age, and haven't had too much luck with it so far lol.
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 am

OK first off, WHY do they redo the game treasure mania? I was almost DONE with all my collections.... /scream... and second HOW did some of my team members already get up to like level 20's when they just redid it? Holy cow people I played like for 2 hours today and I can't get no further cuz I now need a PICK? and I can't get it till level 7?? OK this game is making me insane!!!

FaeveeAngel
Whee!

Postby FaeveeAngel » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:17 am

ROFL I have been playing Mafia and Vampire for a while first at MySpace then Facebook though I tend to keep facebook to long term friends and don't use it the way it was maybe intended ..."to meet new people"... lol in fact I regularly go into both accounts and delete people I don't talk to frequently or at face book put them on IGnore for my Live New Feed LMAO alas what i really want to is just delete bunch off my friends list because they do NOT need to reading my Status updates ... can we say I am a bit private about somethings LOL but It's good to see you all like the place and come its games too ^^

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 am

IM a facebook junkie favee im on it like 20 times a day, i tend to stay invisable because when I am on it I can't really talk (aka work /giggle) And I only put stuff on my status update that im not worried about people reading since my mother in law, sister in law and half the family is also my friends hehe. Cant say anything to bad about tandt on it lol other then he likes to drag MUD throu my house!!!

FaeveeAngel
Whee!

Postby FaeveeAngel » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 am

yeah I am circumspect about what i put there but still lol.......... and yeah I have to say I am logged in there most of the day but flipping between various internet locations as well and come Jan. will be less "active" everywhere and will probably closing the apps there completely for a while lol

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 am

Heya Littabit, the Treasure Mania was in a different 'beta' version before...I knew they were gonna reset it from reads on their forum. When I started the 'new' version, I concentrated on cheap maps and did all the squares that I could until I had enough levels/gold to buy the equipment I needed, then went back and finished off those maps over time.

I surf the web a lot reading news, and stop back often to dig. I also pretty much spend all the health kits I get (when I can) and my museum points...though I try never to spend them all! lol
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:14 am

Glauri, do you know how hard that is to leave a map not done!! I hate that. I like to finish the map before i start another one and now because of the tools you need and the level resrictions it is driving me crazy to go to anther map when I have one that is not done, OCD kicking in lol. sorry :lol:

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 am

I get pretty anal about it myself 'Bit...you just have to work to get over it, if only for a while! :)
Glauri

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Tune in next week on How The Face-book Turns, to see if Glauri can cure Bit of her OCD! Also we will see if Favee can cure her Social website addiction! :lol: :lol:
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm thinking it's one of those Glowing Entropic Runes that'll take care of this particular cure. :wink:
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:24 am

cute ballzy. remind me to smack you in game :wink:

Fallainya
Whee!

Postby Fallainya » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Balzzodar wrote:Tune in next week on How The Face-book Turns, to see if Glauri can cure Bit of her OCD! Also we will see if Favee can cure her Social website addiction! :lol: :lol:

OMG this is soooo true. I got Benasis addicted to it as well. He's worse than I am I think. It's seriously cut into his EQ time because of his new addiction.

Can we say 12 steps Ben??????

HA HA HA!!