Skillup chance for Cultural

Moderator: Littlabit

Buaz
Whee!

Skillup chance for Cultural

Postby Buaz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:10 pm

EQTraders let me calc the chance of skillup, but I had heard chances are higher on Cultural combines.
Anyone have facts and data?

Big Green Bait

Keldinaar
Whee!

Re: Skillup chance for Cultural

Postby Keldinaar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:21 am

Not sure if it changed with the new cultural system but with the previous system it was a 5% bonus chance for a skillup, that's absolute not relative. For example, it the chance for a skillup on a given combine was 2%, then if you were doing a cultural combine with the same trivial it would be a 7% chance of a skill up ( 2%+5% ,as opposed to 2% + (5% of 2%)). I've read several posts that simply state that there is still a skillup bonus for cultural but have not seen the actual bonus percentage stated so I'm assuming that it has not changed and is still 5%, however, this only applies to the actual cultural combines, not the template combines.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: Skillup chance for Cultural

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:25 am

I've read in the past that the tradeskill AAs that improved your chance of not failing a combine did nothing. As I have obtained a bunch of them for various skills now, it seems to me I actually fail more with them then before. Does anybody know if these were fixed to work correctly yet or did I waste 54 AAs?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server