Exalted Symbols

Moderator: Littlabit

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Exalted Symbols

Postby Bolwyn » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:02 pm

I will be out of town until Thursday (29 Nov), but in the meantime...

I can make the Exalted Symbols for cultural armor, so if you would like me to make you some, this is what you need to collect:

the Blessed Water of (insert your diety here)
AND
2 Flawless Silk/ Flawless Spinneret Fluid OR
Flawless Animal Pelt/ Superb Marrow OR
Titanium Ore/ Alkalai Loam

If you just cant find the goods, we can work something out. ;)

Blessed Water
and
2 Exquisite Silk/ Exquisite Spinneret Fluid or
Exquisite Animal Pelt/ Exquisite Marrow or
Tantalum Ore/ Porous Loam

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: Exalted Symbols

Postby Jhereg » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:37 am

I could use a few, I'll contact you in game.

Btw, Thorium is working on the sublime quest, you might want to check with him and a few others about working on it as a group/mini raid depending what the quest is like.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Exalted is soloable with great effort. Would be much easier with a couple people helping. I started it before my computer fried. Sublime will take a group, if not more, for the reavers. That spot is complete ass with pathing and adds and such. Who does this/these, please look me up also. I'd like to get them done as well.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

esutac
GSKCHA

Postby esutac » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:01 am

Ditto on needing them too. Give me a shout if anyone needs a tank / puller / dps for this camp :D
Journeyman Fisherman Esutac Nemrakta of Vazelle: Proud ScourgeKnight of the Navigators

Thorium
Whee!

Sublime Symbols

Postby Thorium » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 pm

There are bunches of ways to do things in EQ, and it starts with deciding what you want to work on. I think the first priority is to decide the main mission: Experience, farming, questing, etc. Sure you can have multiple goals, but there should be a primary goal. For me at least, I would like to do the Sublime Impressions Quest, and experience is a secondary concern. The group exp can be great in Fortress Mechanatous, but getting 40 reaver kills as a group is not easy. The camp is pretty rough. Adds, adds, and more adds seemed to be pretty common. And in about a four or more hour camp, I got credit for 11 kills. During that time, pretty much everyone in the group died once. Then we had a change in player power, and things didn't work too well so we broke up. Maybe the zone started crashing, I forget. I think a raid would be the best way to get this quest done for the most people at once. Exp won't be as good, but keeping the killing going as fast as possible for as long as possible is easier in a raid format as a raid allows for change outs of players and allows the raid to continue if there are a few deaths along the way. Players get credit for kills made while they are medding from a rez, or medding from lots of hard work, or even afk on a bio. And (I hope) everyone in the raid gets credit for the reaver kills. It is easier to kill forty reavers for an 18 person raid than 120 reavers for three groups of six.

As for where to do a raid for reavers, I am not an expert on this subject, but from what I have seen, the Hindenberg is a good place. Lots of Gnomes are there, and not so many robots, minotaurs, helicopter thingies, and no oozes. I could be wrong, but I would think the reavers spawn from gnome spawn sites, and not the other spawn sites. I have cruised around FM some, and have seen reavers here and there, but for quick pulls, and lot of ph's, the hindenberg seems good to me. Also lots of other players seem to swear by it.

Then, we could move on to part two of the quest in the Steam Factory if I remember correctly. Where the best spot is, I am uncertain. A big enough raid could plow the whole zone easy enough.

And just think of the Raid Leadership Experience that could be earned in that way.

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:49 pm

You dont have to do the blimp for reavers. The first time I tried going there I died 3 times before we ever attempted to kill something. Anyway, there are gnomes that spawn in the open center area along the walls and a little away from it. Maybe a little slower, but definitely safer.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 am

Good news. Then in theory, I can solo Sublime too.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:42 am

Good news. Then in theory, I can solo Sublime too.
:lol:
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 am

The reavers: yes, the steam factory... you try to group there without a top notch group and you're screwed.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:37 am

I like to get screwed. I've been in there. I can always train a snared mob alittle at a time to a semi-small kite spot and evac and inviso back to it and kill it! Probably dying 10 times for every kill, but what the hell! Gotta do what I gotta do if I got no group!