Xorne - 66 Rogue inc!

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Xorne
Whee!

Xorne - 66 Rogue inc!

Postby Xorne » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:59 pm

Name Xorne
Class Rogue
Level 66
Is this character a main or an alt? Main
Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes
List which keys and flags you have. All except OoW
Do you have a clicky buff item? Yes

• What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? Running around freely, ability to explore and BACKSTABBIN!

• What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? Raiding / exploring

• Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? Eat pop corn and try to be the best.

• Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. Short : Getting to 70, Long : Maxing all my good AA and my Epic 1.5!

• When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? -5 est, I change shift at work so it varies. But mostly evenings 6pm-midnight

• Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. None

• Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.
I am not really good with names, but I have played with convicts recently. Before my 3 month break I used to do raid but its too far back i can remember witch or with who.

• Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I am always having fun when im grouped with CN members, I want to have more fun!

• Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? I am so sick and tired of grouping with anyone. I want to be able to group / raid with people who know what they are doing.

CN Rules and Policies - Required Reading for all Applicants
• I have read the Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes of course.

Xorne
Whee!

Postby Xorne » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:03 pm

Sorry about the hasty cold post above, but I was late to go see a movie and had to hurry up.

So I guess I will had some extras here just to make your lives more painfull. I really, REALLY don't like kids. It is a passion. I know some of you might be kids age-wise and I dont want to hurt your feeliings or anything, but I guess I will have to explain what I mean by that.

What I don't like about "kids"; its lke those time when you were teamed with a pally or ranger or something else kids are attract to and you find yourself really wondering what the hell is happening. You know, when you have the kid running around trying to look cool, ninja looting everything, pulling 674754 mobs at the same time and not listening to what the other groupmates are saying ... you will probly remember those time because you died soon after.

Don't get me wrong I dont hate every under 18, just as long as they show some maturity and dont act as the example above =) (Also applies to grown ups who arent really grown ups ..)

Basicly, thats what I dont like and the reason I want to join a guild. No more painfull group making or pick-up raids .. argh. I am a perfectionist by nature and I really cant stand people who dont try to learn and better themselves.

Ok, enough with the whinning, lets move on. One of the thing I like to do is help out the people around me, support them so we can all work towards a common goal. I value my time tho, it is precious so if you want me to help you, be prepared and lets roll! =)

I guess thats pretty much it, I've never been good with words anyway and expressing myself with them. So if you have any question, put them up here or pm me and I will be glad to answer them.

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:57 am

List which keys and flags you have. All except OoW

Hi! Could you elaborate on this please? Thanks Kindly.

I really, REALLY don't like kids. It is a passion

Also, you dislike kids - or is it more people that don't pay attention, think they know it all, think they are the BEST and have a huge attitude problem... Just curious. Thanks.
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Xorne
Whee!

Postby Xorne » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:14 pm

Hi! Could you elaborate on this please? Thanks Kindly.

Flags :

Your soul has formed a bond with the Plane of Time. You can now pass through the portal in the Plane of Tranquility safely.
Learning of Zebuxoruk's fate, the only way to save him is gather materials that will allow you to power up the machine to send you into the Plane of Time. Maelin has charged you with finding an elemental power source sufficient to activate Meldrath's time machine.
The Cipher of the Divine Language appears on your arms for a brief moment then fades.
You have completed all of Honor's Trials.
You have bested Aerin`Dar and proven yourself honorable enough to pass into Mithaniel's Halls.
Mavuin is grateful to you for taking his case before the Tribunal. The information provided to you, that Mithaniel Marr and Karana carry information you should seek, could be quite useful.
Tylis has been removed from his agony.
Saved from a world of eternal nightmares, Thelin is forever in your debt.
Saved from certain doom, Milyk and Adler are forever in your debt.
Now that Grummus has been destroyed, the entrance to the Crypt of Bertoxxulous should open before your might.
The true route to the Plane of Fire is now clear in your mind.
You remember Nitram's words - 'three small turns to the right on the bottommost rivet should open the door'.

Keys :

Ring of the shissar
north tower/ wing key
gem-etched key
VT scepter
charasis
Sleeper
Trakanon
Veeshan

Also, you dislike kids - or is it more people that don't pay attention, think they know it all, think they are the BEST and have a huge attitude problem... Just curious. Thanks.

Maybe I didnt make myself clear on that; it is not kids like real kids but more like kids in the kind of attitude. You are right in the above quote that about sums it up.

Thanks

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:35 am

Nice app, Xorne. Thank you. Get with us in game and get in our apps channel if you've not already done so. That's where we all try to keep in touch and get to know each other. You're welcome to join us on all guild events and raids also. Looking forward to meeting you.
~Gala~
<br><table border=1><tr><td><center>~ <a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=661115>Galarina Justmight </a>~<br>Celestial Navigators</td></tr></table>

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:12 am

Hello :)

You can rest assured that while we may have some under 18 in guild we don't tolerate ninja-looting, you can click on the "CNP" link to see that all of our loot is done on a point system. Also if it is any comfort, the average in CN is about 30. We also don't tolerate childlike behaviour (insulting- well unless it is insulting Szork or halflings or rangers, and profanity in guild chat, etc.) so we tend to keep a pretty good morale over all.

Just of curiosity, if you haven't been part of any guilds, wondering how you made it to Time? Are you a server transfer or did you have a guild that let you tag along on most raids, and wich guild? Not many independents on Vazaelle that have made it that far.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll see each other around!
Take care,
Silly (the gay one if I were a guy :P )

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:31 am

We also don't tolerate childlike behaviour (insulting- well unless it is insulting Szork or halflings or rangers, and profanity in guild chat, etc.) so we tend to keep a pretty good morale over all.

This is so true that I am in the guild Sheriff (and Kaldolur is my Deputy) and my sole job is to make sure that guild chat remains friendly and clear of any profanity. Fortunately, I only have 1 mark on my "deguild" gun. But rest assure that it isn't because I am afraid to use it, mostly because guildies are mature people that refrain from using inappropriate language or have inappropriate behaviors.

You have been warned :wink:
Last edited by Lachaise on Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lachaise Flechedargent
70 Paladin
Officer and Sheriff
Celestial Navigators

Lappy
49 Enchanter

Xorne
Whee!

Postby Xorne » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:33 pm

Greetings mister the sheriff, im a good rogue ok? Thanks for the /comfort offer Silly =P Glad to know you guys seem to understand was i was trying to say hehe. As for the time flag, I got it when I was trying to join Vantage like a year ago, but I didnt make it though cuz I wasnt playing enough at that time.

Thats it for now, see you all ingame =)

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:22 pm

......What I don't like about "kids...... pulling 674754 mobs at the same time........

You obviously haven't met Szork yet! :twisted:

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:23 pm

Wow, you got time flagged while apping to a non-time flagged guild? Impressive. lol. Let me in on those secrets. 8)
<br><table border=1><tr><td><center>~ <a href=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=661115>Galarina Justmight </a>~<br>Celestial Navigators</td></tr></table>

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:58 am

Hate to be a bubble-burster, but as it turns out, one of our members used to know the original owner of Xorne, what guild he was in, and how he acquired his Time flag (and I've seen the text to prove it).

Now, this is just my own personal opinion and not necessarily that of the guild, but honesty goes a long way with me; a lot further than making things up. You say you hate childish behaviour but coming out and answering honestly (even if humbling) is a lot more "adult" than posting false information. I don't know if you're a friend of the original owner or if you're ebay or what, but if you had just said that from the beginning I think we'd have started off a little better.

Xorne
Whee!

Postby Xorne » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:03 pm

No one will ever come up and say : "Hey guys, I was given/bought this char ok lol and I want a guild so let me in please lol ok huhuhhuhu" Having characters you didnt fully build is regarded very badly by most people, thats why you won't have people actually telling you that their char was given / bought.

Well that is what I belive and I dont think im wrong. My intentions remain the same, I am looking for a guild because I like to raid and play with people who know what they are doing. Even if this character wasnt mine it doesnt mean I dont know how to play as i've been playing before kunark was even out. If you guys cannot get over this little bump please tell me ill get a name change and go look elsewhere.

Thanks.

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:13 pm

If you guys cannot get over this little bump

To me, frabricating information for whatever reason isn't a "little bump" Sir... nor is it the best way to start a relationship with people. Whether or not you "know how to play" isn't my concern - it's the blatent use of false information in step one, your application.
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:28 pm

Aye, as it was obvious to most, especially those who had been guilded with the previous owner, honesty in the face of being questioned on it would have helped a lot. Instead you replied:

As for the time flag, I got it when I was trying to join Vantage like a year ago, but I didnt make it though cuz I wasnt playing enough at that time.

We have had people that have switched servers and bought characters here, or just got bored of trying to advance or wanted to switch class that have been open about it in their applications and are currently contributing to our guild.

While I don't think it ends your application unless you want it to, I would expect a bit of humility rather than "if you guys can't get over it" and for you to recognize you've started with a bit of an uphill climb now.

I still say our guild is worth the time and effort but will leave it to you to determine.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Zatrekan
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Zatrekan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:56 pm

I completely and utterly concur with Teory and my lover Zoey. I bought my bard Zatrekan after having switched from the Sullon Zek server to be with my brother and dad. If you are honest about buying the character it goes alot farther than buying the guy and lieing about it. You will always have to prove your worth cause lets face it. Neither of us earned the lvls on our characters. It just means we have to prove our talent again and again until we earn the respect we want. You took a huge hit on my view of you with your lieing about the character. I also really do not appreciate the comment about kids. I am a Youth Minister with a group called Young Life and I specifically work with these "kids". I tell you know I would rather have 100 kids around me than 1 stuffy adult. If you cant have fun and enjoy being silly sometimes then I dont wanna know you.
Nimor (formerly Zatrekan)
Brother of Merrc
Son of Tinyshadow
Destroyer of Worlds

Roladena
Whee!

Postby Roladena » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:52 am

Xorne, sadly you do not understand what CN is looking for and this may be why you started off on the wrong foot. Although we raid successfully and are advancing pretty painlessly for not being a raiding guild, we do not have their priorities with regard to members. Throughout our process of considering an applicant, we are looking not at the character but at the person playing it. We look for a person who is considerate, fun, patient, honest and helpful. Our feeling on the subject is basically that we can teach a person aspects of their class/gameplay but cannot transplant them with a new personality.

Your demonstration of impatience, intolerance and dishonesty harmed you far more than the facts regarding how you came to be in possession of this account ever would have. As Teory stated, it is not impossible to overcome this but nor will it be easy. Whether or not it will be worth it is for you to decide but if not, keep it in mind in the future. Zat is a great guy and plays a hella good bard, despite the fact that he did not learn his character by levelling it. The truth was not the handicap you thought it was.