Charm

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Charm

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:06 pm

I knew I was maxxing my tradeskills for something:

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 5000000000

Notice there is room for 2, count em, 2 augs.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:17 am

And if you don't feel up to maxing all your tradeskills, there are single skill versions as well.

Sharply reduced stats, of course, but if you still using the good 'ole Intricate Wooden Figurine from PoP, the new charm IS stronger than the maxed PoP.

(And since mine isn't maxed, I'll be baking myself up a charm tomorrow!)

This EQ Traders page is a good starting point.

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:49 am

ooh, one for poison also.

Alla's down, however, and I don't see info on where a razorback venom sack drops. Likely one of the new zones, I'd imagine.

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:52 am

Bleh....more pottery to do now, booooo :p
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:41 pm

WTB lots of "small block of magic clay". Will use if for combines. Honest. Really.... officer.

Big Green Bait

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:10 pm

Made mine WOOT! Now i'll just have to work on LDoNs again for that second aug slot since it has absolutely NO stats... bleh.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:10 am

I might have to get my chanter to work on the magic clay, will supplement the crap on my vendor :)

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:43 am

Bolwyn wrote:Made mine WOOT! Now i'll just have to work on LDoNs again for that second aug slot since it has absolutely NO stats... bleh.

I heard there is a quested Augment that can fit into charm slot from TSS. I think it's also an exploration quest similar to Slipgears quest.

Quality should be 70HP/Mana/End or so. No idea if any other Stats.

Maybe somebody who knows what the quest/item is actually called can shed some light.

I gathered 4 of the 7 component (not counting in stuff like Magic Clay or Ember Powder) today. Hoping I can get the other 3 next week.

Curious if the Charm will be worth wearing for me with my medium advanced Tradeskills.

PS.: Just found new Augment quest:

http://eq.forums.thedruidsgrove.org/sho ... hp?t=14453
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:16 am

Question: is the single TS charms also have two aug slots?
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:25 am

The exploration quest is bugged. Some spots you can't access. I guess it couldn't hurt to start it, however.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:59 am

Siderius wrote:Question: is the single TS charms also have two aug slots?

Unfortunately they are single slot from what I've seen :(
I would make an Artisan one if I had any tradeskills to speak of. That's awsome and CONGRATS ONCE AGAIN BOLWYN!!! Woo!

Oh and that Wanderlust quest which Cicak was referring to is started on the second floor of Crescent Reach from some Explorer guy or some such. It's got a couple bugs but being fixed. One last buggy step but it's schedule for fix in the next patch. 75hp/mana/end is the final aug...with other stats scaled similarly from Slipgear.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:20 am

The single tradeskill version does NOT have two slots. Just one, uhm, type seven.

On the other hand, it took all of 45 minutes to get it. And that included killing the lizards for the lizard meat portion. Rest was just running around and clicking.

I have every intention of doing the Artisan Charm a little later, so will let you know what the stats are like with mid-range tradeskills. I'm a big fan of charms that don't change stats over time, so Artisan plus the two explore augments really works for me.

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:30 pm

No doubt, the arena one is working good for me....hopefully once it's finished it will be comparable with just the Wanderlust one when I finish.

I'd like to eventually find a nice dual slot Charm, possibly even the Artisan if I ever manage to have money to use on tradeskills and the urge :p

Alchemy is the only one I've been enjoying...and I need a mule or something to put the potions on! lol

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:10 pm

Ommina wrote:<snip>
, so will let you know what the stats are like with mid-range tradeskills.
<snip>

Theres an easy formula in the eqtraders board how to calculate the stats on the charm:

225*(tstotal-700)/1400

where tstotal is the sum of all the relevant tradeskills. 225 is max possible HP or Mana. If ya like to see what AC or whatever would be just replace the '225' by the max stat you're interested in.

Can easy check how it would look like on you.

I think the single Tradeskill charms are a whole lot weaker. And I think they are no option unless you don't have any better than PoP charm.

Single Tradeskill charms tops at 100Hp or so ..
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:49 am

Thank you Cicak! When I'm awake, I'll work through those numbers and see where they take me. I especially like that the formula looks fairly smooth, where even a few skillups can put in an extra HP or whatever (that is, it isn't done in steps of 50 or some such.)

The single skill version is just a wee bit better than the maxed PoP figuring.

Mine wasn't even maxed. /blush

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:32 am

I just combined mine:

Looks like this for me:

AC 24
Stats +20, Resists+16
HP/Mana/End +182

with these Tradeskills:

Baking 292
Brewing 283
Blacksmithing 267
Fletching 252
Jewelry Making 252
Pottery 250
Tailoring 252

Made it without fail on first attempt with 250 Pottery +AA +8%.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric