Guild app, Praco - 70 Druid

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Praco
Whee!

Guild app, Praco - 70 Druid

Postby Praco » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:31 am

70 Druid
View previous topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name - Praco
-Class - Druid
-Level - 70
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes, yes a few
-List which keys and flags you have. Seb, HS, tower of SRI ,m not sure exactly where my pop progression is.
-Do you have a clicky buff item? No,

A Little Bit About Yourself - I have been playing EQ for over five years now. I3 or so hours a day

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? never a dull moment.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? I get to meet people from all around the world.
-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. DoDh,WoS ,mpg lot of talking with people.
-What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? Well try to not make it tipical.
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. Well my short and long term goals are the same, that is to have fun.
-When do you normally play EQ? nights CST
-Please list your alts on this server (just names). Well Ghosheart is one rest dont matter
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. Chosen Champions
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. I am guildless

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember. Ive grouped with Yes I kknow many,,to many to list. here are a few Truthseeker Silly, Rinnoa,Kristinel, Cicak,
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Want to see higer end of game.
-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?I will always be me.

CN Rules and Policies - Required Reading for all Applicants
-I have read the Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes

Feel free to include any other info you think we should be aware of. Thanks! Im looking forward to being with all my old friends and hopefully making a bunch of new ones. Thanks!

3/27/06

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:49 am

Thank you Praco for you app and interest in CN. Please contact a CN friend or officer in game and get our apps channel info to stay in touch and what-not. Looking forward to knowing you. 8)
~Gala~

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:00 am

/gasp!

:shock: WOW Praco! I'm not quite sure what to say, I'll save sentiments about Chosen for a time when we can chat in tells, just in case I get teary-eyed!

In any case, this is one of the people in EQ I've known the longest. Praco was the guild leader of the only other guild I've belonged to (Chosen Champions) and is friends with a good majority of CN. He's quite helpful and willing to lend a hand any way he can. I remember hours spent farming EB items in the Grey. :D

Praco also has a kind word for everyone. He (like Xril and Qmaus) could type up a book or poem about the goodness of anyone that happened to walk in the room.

I look forward to hanging out with you soon, :)
Silly

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:04 am

About Time Praco!!

Told you to stop bothering with all those other guilds and get over here. :P

Anyway, for everyone else.. He's a good player, and I firmly believe he'd be a good addition to CN.

Rin
(Who's mildly surprised there's no typos in this particular app)
<<Sig MIA>>

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:37 am

Rinnoa wrote:(Who's mildly surprised there's no typos in this particular app)

Muahahahaha! Son of English Teacher has arrived! Hmm...let's see...

Praco wrote:Well try to not make it tipical.

Does that count as as typo or just a misspelling? Likely the latter, but that's okay, I found a typo, too.

Praco wrote:Yes I kknow many,,to many to list.

Hit the 'k' twice. I'm pretty sure he knows the spelling so that one is definitely a typo.

Umm...also, used in this context, "to" should be "too".

Praco wrote:Want to see higer end of game.

By the way, Praco, I'm just bored at work and playing around; please take no offense as none is intended. I just couldn't help myself when I saw Rinnoa's post. I'm glad to see your app, and look forward to meeting you and shamelessly begging for SoE, Lion's, etc. :P

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Well, Mr. Son of English Teacher..

The to and too comment is incorrect! He used the proper one.

Too Definitions:

1. as well: used to indicate that a person, thing, or aspect of a situation applies in addition to the one just mentioned
"You can come too."

2. more than is desirable: more of an amount or degree of something than is desirable, necessary, or fitting
"too flamboyant for my taste"

3. extremely: used to emphasize a quality
"You're too kind."

4. very: used to modify the force of a negative statement in order to sound polite or cautious
"didn't look too happy"

5. indeed: used to emphasize the force of a statement or command
"You did too!"

and the relevant bit from

To Definition

3. preposition forms infinitive: used before the base form of a verb to make the infinitive of that verb
I want to leave now.

So his comment
"Want to see higer end of game" is correct as far as it goes.. If I was really critiquing I'd say it should have been "I want to see the higher end of the game." But I'm not like that! Really!

And after knowing Praco for so long, I guess I edit out most of the typos he makes. I'm just so used to it by now.

Rin
(Who is now amazed the English Teacher's Son didn't pick up more errors :P )
<<Sig MIA>>

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:41 pm

Blah, blah, blah to both of you.

Hi Praco, nice to see your application though I must say I cried real tears when I didn't see SWEET LOVELY ZOEY under CN people you know. There I go again - crying.

:D It's about dam time you applied btw - I mean goodness...

Big hugs to you.
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Praco
Whee!

Postby Praco » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:50 pm

Well thank you Galarina.
Looking forword to getting to know you also.

Silly
always a pleasure to talk to your lovely self=)

Rinn buddies tell the end, thnaks for putting that teacher in his place.

Qmaus
And teacher, You realy have your hands full trying to fix me =P
God help you

Ah and swet Zoey, you are missed love,,Hugs

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:05 am

Actually Rinnoa.. you are incorrect.. sorry! :P

Notice what Qmaus quoted was:

Yes I kknow many,,to many to list.

in which case Qmaus is correct. It should read ---> too many to list.

And /bonk Qmaus for not mentioning the double comma

Let's just blame the typos on the app he copied / pasted from originally! lol
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:31 am

And teacher, You realy have your hands full trying to fix me =P
God help you

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I should tell them all when they invite me to cleric & I'm still in monk-mode....or vice versa!!! Often times I'll just stop pulling & be waiting for the pull like a good lil' cleric, until I realize I'm not on the cleric /bonks self....

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:05 am

LOL, Thanks Zady for typing what I now don't have to.

I did, in fact, miss the double comma. /shame
Please don't tell my mom, LOL.

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Lol, fine then..

A+ for spelling and grammer
C for Comprehension :lol:

Qmaus wrote:
Umm...also, used in this context, "to" should be "too".

Praco wrote:
Want to see higer end of game.

I had thought Qmaus' comment was related to the line which followed, which I now realize he didn't comment on at all, which lead to confusion in this poor non-child of an English Teacher!

Appologies :P

Rin
<<Sig MIA>>

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:55 am

Rinnoa wrote:So his comment
"Want to see higer end of game" is correct as far as it goes.. If I was really critiquing I'd say it should have been "I want to see the higher end of the game." But I'm not like that! Really!

And good thing, too.

"If I were really critiquing".

Hypothetical subjunctive.

/nod

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:10 am

I guess I should have actually mentioned that the typo I found in the phrase in question was the lack of a letter 'h' following the letter 'g' in "higer".

Not that it really matters, though. Only reason I mentioned anything at all is because I was bored and I have no life, LOL. Normally I just ignore that stuff.

Poor Praco, I derailed his app post. Didn't mean to do that, man. Haven't met you yet, but look forward to it; druids rock!

Here's something to cheer you up a bit, Praco: a link to another forum post where I poke fun at myself. Everyone else has already seen it, but I thought you might get a kick out of it.

viewtopic.php?p=15711#15711

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:51 am

I know that feeling Qmaus. Sitting here at work, browsing the forums just cause the work I have to do is going to be quite boring. Freaking bug fixes to a 5 year old program.. They should really just let me re-write it. It's only about 10,000 lines. Could probably rewrite it into 7,000 or so with all the patches, bug fixes, and kludges that have gone into it.

And don't worry about derailing Praco's tread, I'm pretty sure he's used to it by now. :lol:

Rin
<<Sig MIA>>

tuiaanen
Whee!

Postby tuiaanen » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:19 am

I've been away from the game a bit lately. I can't explain how cool it is to log back on and see that the boss is finally coming to join us. For those of you who haven't met Praco yet, he was the guild leader of Chosen Champions, which about 10 of us CN'ers originally belonged to. This guy is great. I definitely urge you to vote yes.