Smithing assistance please

Moderator: Littlabit

Dorn
Whee!

Smithing assistance please

Postby Dorn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:42 pm

I find myself LFG all too often, so i've decided to take up Blacksmithing once again. I'm presently at an amazingly bad skill of 102! Anyone have an easy and maybe cheap way to start skilling up? I never really got into tradeskills and have no real idea where to start at.

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:19 pm

Easy
Cheap
Smithing

Um....

I can give you some help if you send me a tell in game. Likely I will be on for a couple hours tonght, farming smithing items for Shadowscream.

I made fine plate till 188, enchanted velium bits to 210, ethereal metal rings till 212, enchanted velium bits to 222, Cleansed BP till 227, and will be doing Shadowscream till I die (or 250, whichever comes first).

Big Green Bait

Tchien
Munkygurl

Postby Tchien » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:31 am

You can make your cultural sewing kits. They trivial in the 160s and are about 10pp per combine. Just be prepared to run all over town since the thimble and needle molds don't stack.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:46 am

How high are you trying to get to?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Dorn
Whee!

Postby Dorn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:29 pm

Thanks for the responses, the fine plate is going well. will try the sewing kits soon, but bah at no stacking lol. As of right now i have no current goal, would like to get smithing as far as i can and the others up to around 200 as i dont have the aa's to do more than 1. Baking and Brewing will be easy since i've done it before, but as far as the rest go i'm completely lost lol

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:36 am

I will also recommend the enchanted velium bits and the shadowscream if you're looking for cheap.

Granted, it does mean you'll be farming your a$$ off, but it IS cheap.

BTW, farming velium isn't as bad these days as it used to be. Contact me in game and I'll let you in on a little secret; just remember I'm trusting you to KEEP that secret, LOL. If it gets out, the place I farm velium will be overrun with competition just like the current usual spots are, and nobody will be able to get much of it. Also, it's the only money-maker i've got in this game, and life would really really suck for me if I couldn't make plat when I need to.