Guild Application...

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Keranya
Whee!

Guild Application...

Postby Keranya » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:27 pm

The Basic stuff...

Name: Keranya Betenoire (Main)
Class: Bstlady
Level: 70 (73 aa's)
Flags: [Pre-PoP Keys] Sebilis Key
[Planes of Power] Plane of Justice Trial
[Planes of Power Lower Tier] Plane of Innovation Factory Flag
[Planes of Power Middle Tier] Bastion of Thunder Tower Key
[Planes of Power] Solusek Ro
[Planes of Power Middle Tier] Tower of Solusek Ro Flag
Plane of Tactics
Halls of Honor

Clicky buff item.. Tunic of the Khati Sha (Celerity)
Enduring Breath item.. Fishbone Earring and can cast EB

Magelo: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268622

A Bit about Me...

What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?
-I think what I enjoy most about the Beastlords and Ladies is their duality. You can have your pet on melee while you are on heals and buffs or you can be a great secondary melee toon assisting the MT in various ways. Helping to regen both mana and Hp while in the midst of a pitched battle!

What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ?
- Mostly for me it is learning the depths of not only the game but the strength and weakness of my characters (3 over level 67) and how they best fit into a group situation. Next would be the socialization and meeting other people not only ingame but also talking live with many, and getting to know the person behind the keyboard. I like the quests and exploration and on occassion the raids too... :shock:

Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?
- Typically I log in and greet my fellow guildies and see if there is anything going on within the guild. If not I go LFG or sometimes two box another of my toons to help gain some ground for them too. I am working on gaining aa's and strengthening my character. If for some reason I cannot find a group I will work on tradeskills that will benefit not only me but my guild mates as well..

Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character.
- In the short term...work on her aa abilities, flagging and tradeskills, in the long term? Probably to get her 1.5 and 2.0 Epics improve her gear and then use those skills to help others attain their levels and Epics. :D

When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
- My timezone is Pacific. My play times vary with my work schedule. I work a week on and week off... so on my week off I can be on most anytime of day or night...when I work...EQ suffers as I work 12 hr shifts for 7 days, eating, sleeping and working are ALL I do... LOL!

Please list your alts on this server (just names).

- Talena Litefingers 68 Rogue
- Ellezar 67 Cleric

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.

- Twilight Chosen...I left there because I felt that I was not a valued member of the guild, merely a "convienence". I felt left out of many things including help to get quest and epic items and was only included when one of my toons was needed for someone elses quests or Epics.
- Horsemen of Norrath ... I was only there for a short time, I had good close friends in that guild but as luck would have it some uncalled for internal drama caused two of my dearest friends to leave and I left in support of them.

If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.
- yes at the moment I am with Vi Victa Vis, another friend wanted to start a new guild and needed membership to get it underway...so I joined to help her out. That guild is very small and not going where I hope to go in EQ. My sole reason for joining was to help get it up and running.

Your Experience with CN
- Only in passing and observation of CN in action. I have been impressed by the way members behave publicly (ingame).

Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
- To become part of a more progressive guild, one where I can go forward with my characters, but one that is flexible enough to understand that R/L takes precedence over all else, plus I liked the "relaxed" raiding format (ie) if you are online...participate, but if R/L interferes you are not penalized as in other guilds.

Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?

- My goals are to join with a great "family" guild, one where I can learn, improve my skills and characters and eventually use those acquired skills to aid others in gaining their goals in EQ.

I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes!! :D

(NOTE:) I understand that there is a membership freeze on at the moment but am applying now in the hopes that when that freeze is lifted that I might be considered for membership.
Last edited by Keranya on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:03 am

My timezone is Pacific

Woot, I'm WA state myself. Are you my neighbour? :)

Silly[/quote]

Deverin
Whee!

Postby Deverin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:18 pm

omg she spelled neighbour like the #1 Lemming.

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:04 pm

Ayup Silly I am...a tad north of you and I speak Canadian eh? LOL And just what's the matter with us Lemmings?? *grinz*
Cheers~*

Keranya...diagonally parked in a parallel Universe

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:37 pm

What, there is another way to spell neighbour? Colour me amazed!

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:54 pm

Another Canadian, my lord what is it with this guild and attracting Canadians?

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Hehe, 4 of your officers are afflicted with extra u's and at least one more just came for a visit and went home with a toque :)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:01 am

I am not a Canadian and I use the extra U also
Last edited by Jaffod on Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:41 am

naybor (What rednecks say in civilized conversations)
Navor (What rednecks say when trying to sound rich)
Neever (What rednecks say when they are drunk and trying to do impressions)
Naver (What rednecks say to thier momma's)
NEIGHBOR (What I spell)

Ok I'm done, please continue.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:13 am

omg she spelled neighbour like the #1 Lemming

I heart Canadians eh :D

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:01 pm

"Another Canadian, my lord what is it with this guild and attracting Canadians?"

It's really quite simple you know...Canadians know a good thang when we see it!! ;)

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:31 pm

Ommina wrote: Colour me amazed!

Ummm...'zacty...what color is "amazed?" I mean A li'l hint would be nice...I'd like to help out here but...*scratches her head in bewilderment*
;P

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:24 pm

Jaffod wrote:I am not a moose fuc...umm Canadian

Awww Jaffod...now comments like that are just not neighbourly...and if I read the CN charter correctly...

In keeping with our family-guild atmosphere, it is necessary that certain guidelines govern our guildchat, raidchat and other guild-created channels (such as the application channel). Therefore, the use of swear words (spelled correctly or intentionally misspelled so that the badword filter will not catch them), abbreviations (such as "omfg" and "stfu", etc.), innuendos (sexual, bigoted, chauvinistic, etc.), and any other questionable language, suggestive or otherwise, will not be tolerated.

Hmmm....

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:29 pm

guildchat, raidchat and other guild-created channels

Don't worry he knows...my wrath is legendary. The board clearly doesn't fall within the limitation.
Lachaise Flechedargent
70 Paladin
Officer and Sheriff
Celestial Navigators

Lappy
49 Enchanter

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:48 pm

Keranya wrote:Ummm...'zacty...what color is "amazed?" I mean A li'l hint would be nice...I'd like to help out here but...*scratches her head in bewilderment*
;P

Hm. Sort of furry, with little prickly bits.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:50 pm

Lachaise wrote:Don't worry he knows...my wrath is legendary. The board clearly doesn't fall within the limitation.

Although, in my opinion, should. What's inappropriate there seems equally inappropriate here. Particularly in a public forum.

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:53 am

Forums are slightly outside the law because of the fact they are static. Someone starts cussing up a storm in guildchat, while little kids are watching their mommy or daddy play; that causes issues. Where as we know the boards are a little less policed, so have the childrens not around while reading them.

Not saying that our boards are even remotely bad, but sometimes it goes a little beyond what we allow in guildchat. I didn't see anything wrong with Jaff's post, he didn't spell it out, and it was playful. /shrug

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:49 am

Wow what a derail...
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:04 am

Although, in my opinion, should. What's inappropriate there seems equally inappropriate here. Particularly in a public forum.

I tend to agree with you, Ommina. I would like to see the standard "across the board". But even if we don't, it is pretty easy for board moderators to go in and EDIT an inappropriate post. Kinda tough to do in /gu. :)

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:01 am

Ommina wrote:
Keranya wrote:Ummm...'zacty...what color is "amazed?" I mean A li'l hint would be nice...I'd like to help out here but...*scratches her head in bewilderment*
;P

Ommina...I mean no offence...only an attempt at some lighthearted humour. I apologize if I caused offence..

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:09 am

/derail on

Anything furry with little prickly bits reminds me of a hedge hog and must be exterminated!

/derail off

Great to see your App Keranya! And believe me, I don't think any offense was taken, :)
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:13 am

Hehe, you can't offend Jaff with a 2 by 4 to the head.

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:33 am

Sorry I've been conspicuously absent from the boards lately. I should be fired. LOL. Even though apps are closed at the moment, we appreciate your interest in CN, Keranya. I don't know yet when we'll start accepting new members again but when we do you'll have your foot in the door.

Keranya
Whee!

Postby Keranya » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:15 am

Well...I certainly seem to have stirred the pot with respect to Jaffod's post. I have been reading over the subsequent posts and would add one more comment...

IF...you are running a family oriented guild where the is a standard set for acceptable language for fear the children may be present... that standard should be applied equally across the board, whether it be guild chat or these boards. Children are just as likely to be present here as they are "watching Dad or Mom play."

The implication of Jaffods statement is inappropriate here or anywhere else for that matter...

This is a public forum, a place where people get there first impressions of CN...here of all places I should think the standard of "acceptable" language would be paramount. But then this is only my opinion as an outsider.
Cheers~*

Keranya...diagonally parked in a parallel Universe

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:15 am

Don't quote me on this please, but while we still maintain a somewhat respectful board (don't mind the spankings commens please!) I think we've always been a little more relaxed here when it comes to rules on language than we would in game.

While, like you mentioned, kids could be present, it isn't difficult to close a window and come back to the boards if need be. Whereas, in guild chat, if you're in the midst of playing, it isn't so easy to just leave & come back later when the kids are sleeping. If you close for a minute, by the time you get back you could have a dead group or raid. I almost see it as similar to the FCC regulations when it comes to late night programming; if the kids aren't as likely to be around, censorship isn't as closely guarded.

Then again, I've learned that cultural differences can present some challenges as well. Some of the "swear words" used in Canada aren't as tolerated in the states and vice versa. In fact, on my trip to Canada recently I remember watching tv and saying "OMG they can say THAT on TV HERE??!!??"

I think what it boils down to, considering none of us seem to like to be "language nazis," is general respect. You can get by with a discreet comment in guild chat (my surname?) just as a child could watch "Shrek" and not think anything of it, while all the adults are giggling like highschool kids. Also I think a lot has to do with the context as well as the content. Going to try to use an example without breaking rules here myself...um...

Silly tells the guild "When I was your age, I had to ride my ass (donkey) all the way too and from school uphill both ways in the snow, I don't want to hear any complaints about riding the bus"---Acceptable?

Silly tells the guild "When I was your age I was a little more respectful. Now, get your ass on that bus this instant"---Unacceptable

Now while all this seems so dramatized, we're really not that bad. I can count on one hand the amount of times we've had to ask someone to watch the language (and in a few years that isn't too bad) as most people are generally respectful as it is. Jaffod doesn't count, he's English. /ducks

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:31 am

Aye I can confirm they are not as bad as this seems. :)
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:19 pm

IF...you are running a family oriented guild where the is a standard set for acceptable language for fear the children may be present... that standard should be applied equally across the board, whether it be guild chat or these boards. Children are just as likely to be present here as they are "watching Dad or Mom play."

The implication of Jaffods statement is inappropriate here or anywhere else for that matter...

Already picking figths eh? If ya don't like it, don't apply eh?

Anyhoo. Things slip. Not often, but it happens eh? I am not saying what he said was ok to say, but you gotta have some oops room eh?
CN does not tolerate purposeful foulness, but accidents are accidents eh?
If you are that worried about a slip, that you have to quote the charter, call him out on it, etc. then I would suggest to not play EQ at all eh? I see more cursing in ooc and shout then in the guild eh?
Hopefully you get the gist of my message eh? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, ya know? eh?
And I know I over-did the eh?'s eh? but it amuses me lol.

EDIT: I would really like to know your reasoning for calling it out, and making it a big deal. You said that can make a bad impression of us, but if you can't roll with it, how you did what you did gives us a bad impression of a drama queen.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
Now residing in WoW

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:41 pm

Keranya wrote:
Ommina wrote:
;P

Ommina...I mean no offence...only an attempt at some lighthearted humour. I apologize if I caused offence..

Pffft! None taken at all! Or even a little bit. My reply was a desperate (if failed, /cry) attempt at extending the confusion further, by answering the 'what colour is an emotion?' question with another another completely illogical response - a tactile sensation.

Don't worry, I promise you all that a career in stand up is not in my future! (And a good thing, too!)

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:42 pm

Skratz, I think it's meant as light hearted discussion and an opinion - not drama at all, and think it's safe to take her at her word that it's "not a big deal".

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:49 pm

Skratz wrote:EDIT: I would really like to know your reasoning for calling it out, and making it a big deal. You said that can make a bad impression of us, but if you can't roll with it, how you did what you did gives us a bad impression of a drama queen.

In fairness, Skratz, it was I that called him on it. And I regret it already.