EQ2 tradeskills are now an activity sport

Moderator: Littlabit

Thoraz
Whee!

EQ2 tradeskills are now an activity sport

Postby Thoraz » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:13 pm

Well, as much as it saddens me, we finally tried tradeskills in EQ2 and they are stupid!

The tradeksilling part of EQ2 is now an activity sport!
The idea was to make tradeskillers a class like a fighter or adventurer, gaining experience from crafting and even dying from not paying attention.

I enjoyed tradeskills for so very many years and am having a lot of fun in Starwars as an armorsmith, but the new EQ2 system is so different, that both Paula and I have decided that we will not be playing EQ2.

This is the end of an era it seems, and will bring about some sadness.

But... we do have choices this coming year and other new games aer coming out.

EQ2 had wonderful new graphics and wonderful new quests, but the tradeskills, which is what I so enjoy, became something else and SOE lost both of us as clients of the new game.

I am sure a lot of folks will like it, as they obviously had someone in mind when they designed this new tradeskill system.

Paula and I will not be spending any more time in EQ2. Perhaps we'll get some time to pop in to EQlive (or EQ1) sometime soon.

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:43 pm

According to what I read, there would be a tradeskilling "class" and you would get levels and the goodies that go with them. This is not so? As I am not into tradeskillig anyway, and don't intend to play EQ2, it doesn't bother me other than the way I understood it to be. I'm so sorry Thor and Paula; I know you were looking forward to the new expansion to broaden the tradeskilling horizons you take so much delight in :( .
Ryana

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:29 am

Yes there is now a tradeskill class.
You gain exp from crafting, just like a warrior out fighting, and you can die from not paying attention to your crafting.

I guess someone thought tradeskills should be 'active'

If i want to fight I can go kill orcs anytime.
/sigh
Thoraz - Ancient One from the frozen North

EldCen
Whee!

Postby EldCen » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:01 am

and you can die from not paying attention to your crafting.

Now that just sounds stupid... :roll:
-------- EQ2 ---------
Ohforf - 80 Wizard
Aphotis - 47 Fury
Eldiroth - 46 Paladin
& many many alts

-------- EQ1 --------
Eldiroth - 67 Paladin
Cendyan - 67 Enchanter
Faddan - 55 Druid

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:02 am

It sounds a whole lot like tradeskilling in Ultima Online. It was 7+ years ago that I played it, but I remember having to "harvest" ingredients (chop wood, mine for ore) like in EQ2. It did get rather tedious sometimes. Camping birds in a cornfield just to get feathers to make arrows was the worst....

Still, there were tons of people doing trades and I was just as addicted then as I am now.

At least in EQ2 I'll get exp for it... ;)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:03 am

:lol: I think it sounds kind of funny...like in alchemy you could blow yourself up, or "Oops! While smithing, I dropped a block ore on my head and now I'm dead!" LOL Ok perhaps because I am a cleric I find death more funny than most :roll:

On the bright side, I look forward to seeing the noble Thoraz and lovely Paula returning to EQ1 more often ;) We miss you guys too much!!!!

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:27 pm

On the bright side, I look forward to seeing the noble Thoraz and lovely Paula returning to EQ1 more often We miss you guys too much!!!!

That is a total understatement...but know you're going to Wow so won't be holding my breath :cry:

Hope you guys will still drop in and say HI now and again...we MISS you! HUGS!
Ryana