Fletching

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Fletching

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:17 pm

Fastest possible way to go from 200 to 220+ in fletching?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Edhil
Mistress of the Wild in disguise!

Postby Edhil » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Ive was making Flame tipped acrylia arrows instead of bows. My skill was at 189 before I started working on these now it is at 223. The ingredients are easy to get too. Its trivial to 268. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12366

There is also Shadow tipped and Ice tipped Acrylia arrows which are same Trivial 268.

These are ALOT cheaper than making lower end bows!!! :)

Eddy
Mistress of the Wild in Disguise.....
Main - Lenvardar Nimloki, 105 Earthkeeper (Druid)
Alt - Edhil Morloki, 92 Huntmaster (Ranger) (Male toon, RL Female player)

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:24 am

I used shadow tipped acrylia arrows which worked fairly well, but was somewhat expensive buying the acrylia and took more boring hours farming greenies than I care to admit. :)

Later I found a wonderful recipe with a 227 trivial (I found it when Zurlik told me about it, and gave me some stuff to try! lol) It is a Steel Discord Tipped arrow. Steel shaft, large nock, round cut fletching, and discord arrowhead. Relatively cheap and only one non-vendor bought component.

Discord arrowhead is made from a Discord stone, file, and water. A Discord stone can be obtained by turning in one chunk of discordian rock in the Abysmal Sea if you haven't done the GoD quests. The arrowheads (yield 2) are a 202 combine, so can help you work up to that level and then use them to 227 for the arrows.

Good luck!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:25 am

Cost doesn't matter. I'm looking for the fastest route. Like a route where I can buy all the items I need, if possible. There seems to be 10 thousand different arrows to make and it could take me months to try and look up each recipe. I'll check out the ones you listed. Thanks
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server