Air Arachnid Silk

Moderator: Littlabit

Pohl
Whee!

Air Arachnid Silk

Postby Pohl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:21 am

Any of you guys seen the price on Air Arachnid Silk in the Baz lately they have been inflating the price and its up to 4k each. Thats crazy, isn't it? Make you wonder if our raid looters are selling it to vendors or if they are putting it in the guild bank, and if in guild bank: is it availible to just anyone who might take it out just for profit.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:33 am

Air arachnid silk is pretty rare. On raids in air I've picked up a total of 4. 2 of them I passed on to Jhereg for Aid Grimel and the other 2 I posted about holding onto for anyone else ready for that step in Aid Grimel.

index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1642

Too bad we weren't raiding air back when I did this, I spent about 15k buying the silk for me and one other member when I did the quest.

Make you wonder if our raid looters are selling it to vendors or if they are putting it in the guild bank, and if in guild bank: is it availible to just anyone who might take it out just for profit.

My trader is Silliest, feel free to look her up anytime. You won't find any guild raid looted items on her. In fact, the last time I looted things in fire, I took items I had already saved (from farming there trying to help people with Aid Grimel) and combined with a couple things I looted to make firehide sleeves WHICH I donated to guild tribute for nearly 22k.

I trust all the members in this guild very much and I would certainly HOPE that people wouldn't use guild raid items for their profit. I know most of the things that are trade-usable I either pass onto members needing them for skillups (feel free to ask Edhil just how much tainted planar essence I've passed on to her, or you see that tack of blue diamonds in guild bank for Galarina? I deposited 17 of those from not only guild raids but my own persnoal farming) or I put them in the guild bank.

Sorry if I seem to take offense to that comment, but considering how much I try to put into guild of not only raid-looted goods but my own personal farming time as well, it is rather insulting. Look up my tribute donations in Alt G. You'll see it is over 210k. Maybe 1/4 of that was actually raid-looted gems and whatnot. The rest I've contributed out-of-pocket. Raid funds...well they've provided stacks of emeralds/dots/pearls and a few copies of Divine Intervention for the guild (I bought my own copy with MY pp, btw) + there's some savings in reserve for future use.

I think all have a right to know what is happening to guild-aquired items, but it is possible to ask rather than accuse.

EDIT: Oops, evidently I took too long typing this. This is Silly.

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:52 am

Sills, pretty sure Pohl meant "vendors" as in not realizing that they were valuable, not bazaaring it for personal gain. Depending on who the raid looters are, there is likely some variation on the knowledge front as to what is worth what, so it's a fair reminder on the elemental raids that some of those tradeskill drops are very valuable for other guild member use :)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:58 am

Yes I meant selling to vendors, I dont mind raid officers or looters selling stuff in the baz if its to buy stuff for the guild, but there isn't much we buy anymore for the guild is there, maybe coffins or essence emeralds. ( I just speek from necro prospective, LOL) I was also addressing that there might be an oversite with making something availible to all people in the guild and some possibly taking advantige of it. I would like to think everyone in the guild is beyond that, but we dont live in a perfect world even in Norrath.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:30 am

Teory I understand he said "vendors" in relation to officers, but he also stated the bazaar and refrenced members using things for personal profit. We officers are also members, yes?

Anyway, it IS a good reminder. I do want to point out though, that nearly all the current active officers either have or are currently doing Aid Grimel- which requires all tradeskills above 220, in which case we should have the knowledge to have an idea of what is worth holding onto and what isn't.

And no, we don't live in a perfect world, and yes there are untrustworthy people out there; however to suspect that people would use things for personal gain with absolutely no evidence other than an "I wonder" causes nothing but suspicion and lack of trust- not exactly strengthing the foundation of what I consider to be a very selfless and generous guild.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:46 pm

I don't remember seeing much silk from there, though we've had so much drop in fire a lot of it rots. I do have some stuff for the baking and tailoring steps of Aid Grimel banked now thanks to Silly. Most of the Featherwood bow staves I think were passed along to rangers in case they wanted a try at making one or Aid Grimel people who need for the 6th step. I think we have a couple of air mephit and fire mephit bloods for imbues also.

Enough fiend gut strings for 11 combine attempts on the Obdidianwood bow's also. But most molten bricks get sold off/tributed since its fairly common in xp farming.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:05 am

Haha, I had a dream last night that Teory came and deleted all my posts here.

Been a little ultra-sensitive lately and sometimes I don't realize it.

Don't mind me, <3 ya guys,
Sil

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:12 am

Lol, I don't think I've done that for years now! Can I program you so that next time you dream about me I'm singing, "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, that's right, it's better than yours!"

Let me know how that goes!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:36 am

HAHA!! I'm sure it will be fabulous!!!! /dances

It is rather funny, I normally dream a LOT about everything- from work to EQ to random weird stuff- but I've had more EQ dreams lately than normal. The night before last I had a dream Saph and Zurlik were coming over to hang out and drink a beer at like 4:30 in the morning and I had a bunch of roommates that got all upset since it was...well 4:30 am..... :?:

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 am

Is Zurlik an iksar in your dream? It's been a long time since I had an EQ dream - though remember vividly Littlabit rescuing me from flying dragons the night after my first trip to Western Wastes. Even people I've seen pictures of sort of end up as their characters when I'm thinking about them, but not really the lizards so much. Wist and Nebbie are total gnomes when I picture them and you're 6 and a half feet of hottie of course.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:34 am

Although that would be freakin' rad (iksar dreams) I generally relate players to their pics they post. I don't think I've ever had an eq dream about someone that hasn't posted a pic...that's probably why I haven't had a dream about them, lol. Perhaps it has something to do with the photographic memory?

Also, I don't really have dreams that take place in EQ settings, just RL settings with people I chat with a lot in EQ. I remember the first dream I had with EQ people in it had Amy & Thump, got a kick out of that.

Too bad my dreams are usually rather boring, it would be fun to come here and post some funny stories about what goes on inside my head. Clearly my subconsience isn't very exciting :lol:

samane
Whee!

Postby samane » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:43 am

Lol, I have EQ dreams all the time! Can't tell you bout most of them,, after all this is a pg website!
Love and hugs
Samane

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Are you sure there are enough Fiend guts for 11 combines Jhereg? It takes 2 to make a string, and last I recall seeing there were like 10ish in guild bank (so enough for 5 strings, 5 attempts at the bow).

that nearly all the current active officers either have or are currently doing Aid Grimel

Glad you put that nearly in there Silly, I haven't worked on, nor do I ever plan to work on Aid Grimel. :P As a note about selling drops, I always keep the tradeskill stuff, until I can find out for sure if it's needed/valuable or not. Then I sell off the junk, and deposit the rest in the guild bank. Sometimes though I will hold on to specific things that members ask me for, and pass them on to said member.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:15 pm

Bolwyn made 2 bows and put them in the bank already btw. I thought it was 1 gut per bow. I have some molten ore to dump later when back from work.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:29 am

Fuddara, you slacker! /cracks the whip :twisted:

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm

*moves a little closer* You missed with the whip Silly... try again. :twisted:

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:27 am

Now that the thread has been hijacked by dreams and Aid Grimel, I hate to go back to defending myself, LOL. I have to say that Silly made a very good point about trusting our guild members, I started this thread in tradeskill so as to hide it. However I forgot about the latest topics list on the left side. In retrospect I should have posted it in the officers thread, and perhaps thought a bit more of what I was writing.

I haven't had many EQ dreams lately but of the ones I can remember usually they were of my travels running accross Norrath or of fights and group situations not of toons sitting around and drinking beer. Funny tho, I remember once ( not in a dream, but in the game ) going upstairs in the old baz and there were all these guildies standing around getting drunk. Think I remember Silly, Nebbie, maybe Jhereg not sure about that one. I pulled up a bar stool and joined them for a few rounds. I also remember that is was unusually late...or early like around 3am my time. Don't think I've encountered the drinking gang since that night, we did have a good time and some funny stories were told but too much time has passed to remember any particular thing that was said.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:47 am

Nebbie!!!!!!! I miss that little guy! I remember one time he sat on the phone with me for like 2 hours trying to help me fix my computer. What a trooper!

...and Pohl, /hugs dear...think maybe both of us could have stated some of those things differently but in any case, I think we both have valid points and I'm not fretting.

Regardless, what fun would we have if we didn't butt heads every couple months or so?? We're so darned good at it..... :wink: :P :lol: