Salvage AA - some details about it

Moderator: Littlabit

Jhereg
Whee!

Salvage AA - some details about it

Postby Jhereg » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:19 pm

I was reading up on this the other day and wanted to post a fast overview.

What it does is for each item in a failed combine it does a flat check on the skill. Currently that includes even items that would be returned anyway like a File or hammer.

Level 1 is around 5%, level 2 is 15%, level 3 is 25% from the posts I read. So if you have level 3 and 8 items in the failed combine, on average 2 would be returned due to 8 checks of 25% random each time. You can get more than that, theoretically you could luck out and get all 8 back, but that's extremely unlikely.

There is a bug that's being fixed in the next patch or two that has to do with containers built into a zone like a brewing barrel. Each time Salvage works there the game and you go out of sync because the server and client thinks the Salvaged item is in different spots. Therefore they think your out of synch/LD and eventually log you off. The way to work around till fixed is immediately close the container and reopen to get your item.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:02 am

Thanks Jhereg! With all my tradeskilling I've often wondered whether salvage would be worth the effort. 25% seems a decent return rate though!
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Gronalk
Whee!

Postby Gronalk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:59 am

Even the lvl 2 salvage I have has been well worthwhile and saved me some expensive componenets.

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:22 am

Lvl 3 is worth it. I fail a 351 combine 1 in 7, salvage 3 has saved that fail 2 of 3 times. I did lose one for Fud the other night but I blame the fact that she was playing sailors poker with my tail.

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:45 pm

Hey I wasn't... *watches the tail sway back and forth*... what was I talking about again?

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:20 am

I too know the power of the tail and its mez abilities. I always must be sure not to stand still in front of a raid too long or they get mezmerized just as a group of mobs are about to be pulled.