if you happen to do the Ldons....

Moderator: Littlabit

Sno
Whee!

if you happen to do the Ldons....

Postby Sno » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:21 am

im trying to work smithing at a lower cost and have asked a few that i know that does some regular ldons if they could possibly look for certain items in them and save them for me.. if your a druid .. foraging seems to be what they all can be aquired mostly from ..but they do drop off random mobs in the zones..

Rujarkian Hills - Goblin Bones
Miraguls Menagerie- Ice licen
Mistmore Catacombs- Gargoyle granite

would appreciate it if u kept a look out for these if u happen upon a Ldon group now and then.. im slowly keeping up with smithing and not in a hurry to get to 300... just a dabble in it like all the rest of the tradeskills..

And yes.. i know... ima druid and should be a master of farming.. *sighs* but like any female .. we do hit the shopping bazaar regularly when they have a sale ! :wink:

HUGS !
Sno

Artarian
Whee!

Postby Artarian » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:49 am

These was the ones that pushed me over the 200 skill limit.....
there one dropp from each ldon theme...

sand verbanas from Nro
Pond weed from Guk
and the three mentioned abow.

stil using these myselfe, so i allways tries to get my hands on them...
Artarian Annatar
75 Enchanter
Celestial Navigater

Windir Likferd
52 Rogue
Celestial Navigators

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:57 am

Another option you may consider, Sno...

Enchanted Velium Bits is what I used to get skill to 222.

You don't need an enchanter's help for this.

What you do need:
Go to PoK and buy a chisel in the west trader building from Tallis Paerk.
Go to Thurgadin and find Nimren Stonecutter near the Rogue trainer.
REMEMBER WHERE NIMREN IS because you'll be returning to him.
For now, buy a velium smith hammer from him.

Now you need to farm your velium. You need small pieces, however, you can use your chisel to break down blocks, lg. bricks, and sm. bricks into small velium pieces. Just put the larger unit in a forge with your chisel and combine. Doing this will make lg. bricks out of blocks, sm. bricks out of lg. bricks, and finally give two STACKABLE small pieces out of a small brick.

As of the last patch, you can now put most velium weapons inside of a forge with a velium smith hammer and combine to get a combination of small pieces and sm. bricks (which can then be broken into small pieces with your chisel, as above.)

Basically, the reason I opted for this, as you can probably see, is because it's alot faster and easier to farm the velium than it is to get the ldon stuff.

Now...Alot of people farm velium in ToFS, however, I personally prefer farming in crystal caverns. Each option has it's different benefits. ToFS drops the velium more commonly than crystal caverns. Of course, since the last patch where you can now get velium from the weapons, crystal caverns is a nicer option than it used to be since alot of velium weapons drop there.

The other reason I liked crystal caverns is because the dorf town is there which has a bank and a forge. You can farm your velium like crazy and never have to leave the zone until you are done. You can use the forge to break down your velium blocks, bricks, and weapons into stackable bits. By breaking them down, you can carry more since the blocks, bricks and weapons aren't stackable. Also, it will weigh less to carry the bits because weight of stackable items in the game doesn't stack. What I mean by this is that if a stackable item weighs 4.0 stone, it doesn't matter if you carry one of this item or a full stack, it will still weigh 4.0 stone. A single item weighs 4.0, but a full stack will also weigh 4.0 (not 80.0 as you might imagine). Also, remember that a velium block or brick won't stack and is only worth 2 small pieces. By breaking those down you can carry 10 times more velium in each bag slot you have.

And of course there is also the bank right there in the zone for your convenience.

Okay, now the actuall recipe for enchanted velium bits is...

2 small pieces of velium
Coldain Velium Temper
Spell: Enchant Velium

Nimren Stonecutter (remember him?) in Thurgadin sells both the Coldain Velium Temper and the Spell: Enchant Velium.

NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED AN ENCHANTER FOR THIS COMBINE. You put the ACTUAL SPELL SCROLL inside of the forge, along with the temper and the two velium pieces.

The only disadvantage to using this method is that it is a TRUE platsink. The enchanted velium bits you make are LORE and NO TRADE. So you cannot sell them back once you make them, and you must destroy them after every successful combine because they are lore. However, compared to what you likely spent making fine plate armor, it is still cheaper. The spell and the temper don't cost much, and the velium is free if you farm it, and pretty easy to farm.

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:00 am

thank u Qmaus

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Sno if I remember correctly, one of my mules has tons of velium of one sort or another on them, I will log on tomorrow and see what's what and get back with you ) HUGS hon!
Ryana

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:15 am

I dont think you need a velium smith hammer, think any smith hammer will work, since I used to break down velium for resale in the baz all the time to make extra moneys, now I wish I had those 500+ pieces in inventory. at one time think I had over 1000 pieces of velium on my baz mule.

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:23 am

i have been farmin the velium with my beast in CC and actually its not really to bad to come by.. i have the velium smithing hammer and its quite nice to do everything right there in the little quiet town .. well ... with the exception of occasionally killing the banker by accident .. lol .. you are all so generous and i want to thank all of you for your help... im only dabbling in it because i have soooo many things i have saved up .. my poor bank has now flowed into 3 alts just to hold the tailoring..baking..brewing.. alchemy.. and now smithing.. plus the various quests that i have started ... i cant STAND not finishing what i started LOL.. i still have the beginners magic manual in hopes of one day nabbing the heart off of Vlad in Pon .. lol..

Thanks again for the help !
HUGS
Sno

Zurlik
Whee!

Postby Zurlik » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:10 am

I've been ding LDoNs for charm stats. I will gladly keep the stuff for you.
Master Alchemist Taste Chickenlike-Celestial Navigators-84 Froglok Shaman

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:33 am

The velium smith hammer isn't for breaking down the velium ore, Pohl. That's what the chisel is for.

The velium smith hammer is for making velium ore from velium weapons. This is something new to the game as of the most recent patch. I suggested she get one because the high drop rate of velium weapons will help her to get her velium even faster, especially if farming CC.

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:41 am

I have a very large amount of Velium Temper. See me if interested.

Buaz

Big Green Bait