Diablo 3

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Diablo 3

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 am

What is the deal with Diablo 3 and playing a demo/trial? I've read you can get codes from somebody who has bought it and I've read they will offer a Starter version to the public soon that anybody can play. But, I'm not sure when, how, where or anything else. Does anybody have any information on how I can check the game out without paying anything. I first would need to see if my computer can even play the game before I go further in paying.

And if there are codes or something I need, wanna hook me up? Download sites to get the demo/trail? Etc...
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Sharrien
Whee!

Re: Diablo 3

Postby Sharrien » Wed May 23, 2012 7:35 am

Only thing I've heard about it is that they require an internet conneciton to play even the single player game and that their servers couldn't handle launch day so there was an explosion of nerd-rage. I played 1 and 2 years ago but I don't like that you can't play 3 if you aren't on line, so going to pass on this one.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 pm

The Starter version is only available if someone that bought the game gives you one of their codes - similar to how the Starcraft 2 demo was released. There's no announcement on a public demo that doesn't involve already knowing someone.

The reason you have to have an internet connection is so you can participate in their cash for gear auction house - they want to maximize their exposure there, so everybody has to be connected to Battle.net for a product they haven't even released yet.

I'm /still/ waiting for the full release of Starcraft 2, which they split into 3 individual products to maximize profitability there. Essentially, Blizzard is going overboard on squeezing every penny they can out of half-baked products that they finish with expansions.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu May 24, 2012 4:55 am

OK then, somebody have a code for me? Tandt, Jumjam, anyone??

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Sat May 26, 2012 9:13 am

I didnt get a trial code, cause i received the game free from blizzard as a promotional pack.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat May 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Ain't that some shit!

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

i bought a hardcopy of the game and got it today... I thought id be installing it from dvd, instead its just downloading... no way is a 15 gig download gonna get done with my crappy dialup connection... such bs, i don't know what im going do now... just wasted $60.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun May 27, 2012 3:45 pm

If you paid 60 bucks, call them and tell them you need the physical version. They should send it to you since you paid full price anyway.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Who did you buy it from, and what exactly did you buy?

Not that it matters at this point, I suppose. If you opened it, the retailer gets to tell you to pound sand. Let me see if I can get ahold of the install ISOs to burn and mail you, so you can at least do something with it.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 am

Bought it from Amazon.

Thanks for the offers, but I already raged and took my giant of desktop of a computer to a friends house to download the game... cuz their was no way I was gonna waste 60 bucks.

Also didn't expect D3 to be a FPS lag monster, i had to go down all the way to 800x600 resolution to play. They really went highend computers with this game, I thought it would be like D2, about any computer can play that game. Luckily my graphic card is the culprit for my fps lag, so not a big deal.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger