To our LoN player, if there are any.

Moderator: Littlabit

Cicak
Whee!

To our LoN player, if there are any.

Postby Cicak » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:53 pm

1.)
Just curious: Who's actually playing LoN besides me. I know Finamdar plays, Someone else mentioned he intends to play (Fibban?)

Would be nice to know who to tackle when nothing else's up for a casual game.

2.)
Tournaments start this weekend. Might be interesting for those that have time. As this is considered Tournament Testing there is no Entrance Fee involved. So ya can only win:

Legends of Norrath Tournament Testing Begins!

Join us this Saturday and Sunday (September 22nd - 23rd) for the first ever Legends of Norrath tournaments! We will be loading up the tournament queues this weekend and would appreciate your help. We?ll be giving out rewards to those that place well and some even for just participating. Please join us at the two following times this weekend!

Saturday, September 22nd
Legends of Norrath Constructed Test Tournament
12:00 noon PDT (server time)
Entry Fee: FREE
Create your best deck using the cards in your collection and bring it to the tournament
1st place wins a loot card of their choice
2nd ? 4th place will each receive 3 booster packs
5th ? 16th place will each receive 1 booster pack
One random participant out of every ten participants who complete the tournament will also receive a Legends of Norrath booster pack.

Sunday, September 23rd
Legends of Norrath Constructed Test Tournament
12:00 noon PDT (server time)
Entry Fee: FREE
Create your best deck using the cards in your collection and bring it to the tournament
1st place wins a loot card of their choice
2nd ? 4th place will each receive 3 booster packs
5th ? 16th place will each receive 1 booster pack
One random participant out of every ten participants who complete the tournament will also receive a Legends of Norrath booster pack.

3) One weekend later theres gonna be a Promo Event for LoN within EQ/EQ2:

I hope the droprate of these 2 promo cards is higher than what the Booster have been so far.

/sigh .. I hope I can find some time to make at least that weekend. Or maybe if people come by these cards they can keep it for me and we work something out or so. Though I am probably not able to pay the inflated prices that ya would get for it in the bazaar.

So if ya dump them there for probably rediculous amounts of pp I can fully understand it
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: To our LoN player, if there are any.

Postby Jhereg » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 pm

I've been toying with it and I know Landias did some testing. Sungsem collects cards but I don't think he plays it since all I hear about is buying boosters and trading for loot cards.

I doubt I'll be gtg to play anyone for weeks. I need to finish the tutorials I missed previously and beat the scenario's.

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am

It's fun so far.

I got me a pretty strong priest deck that nobody has beaten yet.

That doesn't mean much though cause my random opponents from LoNs game lobbies were more like the lightly tweaked Starter types decks and I feel it wasn't put to real test yet.

I should be home for the sunday tournament. Just .. thats deep in the night for me and I know I should sleep at that time. Lets see if I can wake up for it .. hehe

Tournaments naturally attract the stronger player/decks and even with having no illusion that those gonna whoop my scaly butt I am pretty curious how I will fair.

Would for sure tell me where my deck is weak and needs improvement.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

riggett
Whee!

Postby riggett » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:36 am

I tried it and did not care for it too much. I went thru the tutorial and still had a hard time with trying to remember how to activate things.

I went back thru the tutorial for some of the sections and just decided I would not care to play. I guess the thing that turned me off as well was the very limited drop rate on booster packs and the need to buy something to be able to trade.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:41 am

I don't play it, but I will buy potion cards for pp.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:19 pm

I have poked around at the tutorials and had to redo some of 'em many times. I have a grasp on the concept of the game and have played a few rounds with other players, all of which I beat to a bloody pulp. :glasses7:

I'm game for some LoN action. The tournament sounds like a good time....mmmm pick any loot card.

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:03 am

Dips wrote:The tournament sounds like a good time....mmmm pick any loot card.

Well, the winner picks up a loot card. Thats 1 player out of 256 .. don't give me a big chance to actually win it. Not with so many people around that play much more or even played it already as it was still Auto Assault (provided the transition from the AutoAssault theme to the Norrath EQ theme was easy for them).

Anyhow, probably chances to get into the winning ranks are higher in this free tournament where maybe people join that don't have strong decks.

Once ya got to pay Entrance Fee the player in Tourneys are mostly people with extreme strong decks that probably blow me right away to the desktop.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 am

Just coming to think off it .. that as I mentioned Auto Assault player in the post above that actually peps don't know the story behind Legends of Norrath.

Not sure if ya noticed. As the eq independent game client was released people suddenly showed that obviously had a) very refined decks and b) were very skillful in playing considered thats LoN initial learning curve isn't trivial (especially with the shitty tutorial they delivered).

Looks familar?:

LoN is actually not a SoE development. Sony bought AutoAssault about a year ago, shut it down and tranfered the postnuclearautothemewhatever into fantasy style.

When they brought it back up former AutoAssault player had their cards converted. Surprisingly people seem to take such a drastic change pretty well. Most seem to actually prefer the new fantasty theme over the old one.

Already sleeping? Ok, stopping now with my trivia that nobody wants to know lecture :P
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:47 am

so cicak or anyone else, you in this tournament yet? I just got home and now in the queue waiting. don't see you in there though.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:55 pm

so is this like magic: the gathering for eq players
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:39 pm

I bought a bunch of cards, but I haven't even run the tutorial yet. If you are looking for some specific rare non-loot card, send me an ingame email with your request. I'm sure we can work something out in trade. Sorry no goats please...

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:13 pm

I was thinking but then I actually didn't participate. I knew if I did theres no way I can be awake for raid tonight.

And even with LoN all nice and shiny for me: CN raid >> LoN Tourney.

Maybe I can make the tournament today.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:51 am

you didn't miss much. basically they started the tournament, the server crashed, started it again, it crashed again, they announced that the server load tests had failed and that 1 in 10 participants would be awarded a booster... I was one of the unlucky 9. yay for 2 hours wasted.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:31 am

i went to a magic: the gathering tourney last weekend and got 5th place. Won a beanie hat. Not bad for a 5 dollar tournament.

I would have got a higher place if i didn't have to face my team mate in the first round of the top8.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:31 pm

I've messed around with this a little, I just have the starter deck and what I've earned through the scenarios. I'm currently going through the Scenarios, at the point where I have to beat Droon (might have the wrong name, one of the cyclops from the karanas in EQ) the 2nd time, I already escaped him once. He's been handing my arse to me the last couple times, haven't tried in a while now though, I'll probibly give him another shot Tuesday when the servers are down for SoF.

Skuully

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Tandt plays and Im slowly getting there. Still alittle lost as to what to do sometimes
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"