EQ2

Moderator: Littlabit

Fenwig
Pimp Daddy

EQ2

Postby Fenwig » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:35 pm

With the release date quickly approaching, I thought I'd start a thread.

I'll probably jump in the game and explore a little bit, so I'd like to hear from anyone else who plans to check it out.

Please post a server and name when you get a chance.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:01 pm

Sup Neighborhood Hooker...err Kneehigh Knooker...err...Gnomatter :twisted:

The wife and I have it prepaid, would be nice to hop on with some peeps we know.

Genelron
Ranger retired

dracozz
Whee!

Postby dracozz » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:05 pm

i'lll be there Xs 3
all intersted get in touch with icecreamman since we are all planning on getting together under one server.

Laminate
Whee!

Server

Postby Laminate » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:14 pm

What server are you guys on? im Laminate level 14 Predator on Everfrost Server....
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Secksiee
Two-Faced

Postby Secksiee » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:28 pm

hiyas Laminate, We are on the Unrest server, and Celestial Navigarots is up and running :)
Drewyd Van`Trellis
Secksiee Shadestepper
Retired Celestial Navigator
~~~~
Bryare Solimar
Trademaster of Legacy on Unrest
Eq II

Laminate
Whee!

ok

Postby Laminate » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:31 pm

kool might pop in unrest and make a new char, Lamineat...
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Secksiee
Two-Faced

Postby Secksiee » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:46 pm

Allright, will see you there. My toons name there is Drewyd.
Drewyd Van`Trellis

Secksiee Shadestepper

~~~~

Bryare Solimar

Eq II

Asten
Whee!

Postby Asten » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:14 pm

I dabbled a bit in EQ2 this weekend as WoW has grown stale lately. The game is much better than all the negative press it gets and there's actually something called grouping (a thing badly lacking in WoW). I've been on Unrest but haven't seen any signs of CN. Anyone out there playing this thing or am I looking in the wrong place?

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:09 am

Greetings Asten...

There are a number of us (old CN'rs and various Vazaelle folks) on Unrest... it's an uninteresting story for the most part, but a group of us reformed our original guild Order of the Open Hand and have been going strong since. We also have a number of people that made the transition from CN of EQ over in the ranks who wanted to stay together. In a nutshell there are - Kamidari, Gurala, Ryana, Akgriz, Argak, Rocwen, Loendar (moi), Balinar, Dareba, Illbee, Xeatau and a lot of other folks of Vazaelle fame... come on over, give us a looksee :)

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:30 am

Thoraz is on the Isle of Refuge (Unrest server) waiting for me to let him go to Qeynos. I tried the Trial of the Isle with my girlfriend this past weekend and we ordered two game keys from EB Games. That should take a few days and I'll be able to say hi to folks in EQ2 soon.
Thoraz - Ancient One from the frozen North

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:34 am

Yeah, I saw you on as a dorf of some sort when I created Inquisition, my little gnomer alt, but you disappeared before I could say anything :)
<a href="">Test</A>

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:55 am

Hehe.

I could not post a new topic, but know the quick reply works? (I get a "Could not insert new word matches" error when I start a new topic)
So will post my message here:

I popped into the forums this morning and found the heart of Cn is still in full gear here and it warms my own heart.

Talk about relief efforts, the raids and all the helpfulness that has always been Cn make me glad to see it live and well.

I miss all of you folks.

My summer was quite turbulent and has finally settled down over this past month. I have a new girlfriend again and hopefully this time (fingers crossed) I can keep her. haha!

We started playing EQ2 Trial of the Isle this past weekend and she is a complete newbie with any kind of computer games, but she loves it. (She is a LOTR fan, big time! and the rpg version comes out next year.)

Thoraz is 59 and 3/4 in WoW, but for me that game is done. I will get him to 60 there and try out battlegrounds a time or two just to say I did. But my time there is done.

I tried out EQ1 again back a few months ago, but found it really frustrating switching out to desktop to look stuff up as I only have one computer on my home desk atm. And I always have emails and chat running nowadays with my company being global. The only problem with global is all the different time zones and I do need sleep sometimes. haha

So I think for my future I see Thoraz the Dwarf Paladin wandering in EQ2 this coming fall and winter. Tami the Halfling Rogue will be wandering the zones with him.

You folks all take care in here. :)

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 am

Hmm. Tired to post a message in General, but keep getting a "Could not insert new word matches" error.
Not sure why.

Just dropped by to say hi :)

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:09 am

Hehe... I made a bit of an oopsie. I'm trying to do a (rather important) security upgrade without disrupting things too much.
<a href="">Test</A>

Akgriz
Scout

Postby Akgriz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:11 am

Thoraz !!! look for a monk going by the name of Kazrig,, or a pretty little druid named Ryanah,,will be good to see ya there old friend,,
Akgriz
Scout of Celestial Navigators

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:43 am

I had Ryana added to my friends list, Akgriz!
Hehe...now that I know how to spell your name, I will add you as well.

See you in the game. :lol:

Akgriz
Scout

Postby Akgriz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:22 am

hehe ryana is ryanah note the H
Akgriz
Scout of Celestial Navigators

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:36 am

Thoraz and his sidekick Tami are both 25 now in the future world of EQ2. ;)
Thoraz is also a 31 weaponsmith.

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. :)

And yes, the folks at Order of the Open Hand invited myself and Tami to join them there, so I get to see some of the old friends from EQ1 in their new roles.
Glad to hear you folks are all enjoying the new zones/mobs and palces you are seeing. That is just awesome!

Just a few changes here for the person playing the toon...hehe. My company is being sold and I am waiting to see if I have a job moving forward or not. (Management usually does not survive a merger.) hehe. But there is so much work here, I could have another one tomorrow. In the meantime I get to just keep plugging away every day.

I am slowly cleaning out my office of all the mementos and curios I have collected over the years. In some ways it is sad and in some ways, I am looking forward to the next adventures in real life. Sort of mixed feelings. :)

All my employees have new jobs already, some even better paid then with me! hah! So now there is only me still rattling around inside the huge building waiting for the transaction to complete. The newco only wants the assets and contracts and perhaps me for a short transistion period. So I am happy for all my staff. :)

Anyways, I thought I'd stop by and say hi on my journeys. :)
Take care everyone.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:33 am

Jaffod is on Unrest too:)

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:08 am

This thead makes me sad.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:03 am

why this one in particular?

(EQ2 is making my PC act all wierd - I need to tone down the graphics lol)

Nebbie
Whee!

Postby Nebbie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Friend is picking up EQ2 to try out the new PVP coming out tomorrow.

Anyone else trying it out? I might give it a shot.

-wave

Secksiee
Two-Faced

Postby Secksiee » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Nebbie, there are a ton of us over on the Unrest server. Order of the Open Hand guild. come join us :)
Drewyd Van`Trellis

Secksiee Shadestepper

~~~~

Bryare Solimar

Eq II

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:03 pm

On Unrest, Saphirone is now a High Elf MONK! MUHAHAHAHA!!

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:11 pm

And it's darn spooky.... Saphi is meant to nuke things, I tell ya!!

- Loendar
60th Level Nuke-tiser, Unrest

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:11 pm

Hey Loen, I finally gave up trying to get my main box to play EQ2. Howvere my much slower processor and smaller RAM 2nd Box plays EQ2 fine - now what is up with that? lol

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 am

I have an EQ2 account active for quite some time and I never touch it lol. I keep hanging on...
Plus I seem to think wasting an extra $7 per month for both subscriptions is ok.

I think I have characters on Unrest.. and lavastrom servers. Not one is above lvl 7 yet and barely off that newbie island. I'll have to look at that again on patch days =p
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Nebbie
Whee!

Postby Nebbie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:05 am

My friend and I got to level 7 dorking around last night on Unrest. He was a fury and I was a berserker. I kind of want to return to my roots as a wizzy or maybe branch out and sing as a dirge (maybe troub?). He just doesn't think we could duo without a plate wearer :(

Tsekande
Klutzy Beastie

Postby Tsekande » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:37 am

Unrest server huh? Guess I should make a char there....take a break from the Crushbone drama from time to time. Good or Evil or does it not matter for you all?
Tsekande Troublepouncer, 76 Vah Shir Beastlord
Henri Sootypaws, 26 Vah Shir Shaman
Dagrun, 24 Drakkin Magician
Nasrin, 17 Drakkin Monk

(Siggy under construction)

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:07 am

Well - there are a ton of us on Unrest, as Saphi mentioned. We re-formed Order of the Open Hand over there upon release and have been going strong ever since. Just as OH and CN were/are in EQ1 - we are a family-oriented guild chock full of people that you know from Vazaelle and new folks we met for the first time in the future world of Norrath.

Everyone is welcome to come and check us out - we have a pretty liberal open door policy regarding anyone from CN fame (assuming we can actually verify that you are from CN ;p ) .. and have a lot of players with 50-60 mains and Alts of all levels. In addition, EQ2 have a powerful Mentoring feature that allows any level character to play with any other level character by adjusting their abilities down.

Finally - on the question of what classes to play.. considering you can solo massive amounts of content - there is really no 'required' class to have until you start doing some of the later 'group oriented' stuff, then it obviously good to have any kind of healer, any kind of tank, etc. But EQ2 does a nice job of letting most any class make-up get things done.

Jaffod: I still suspect that your 'good' machine is probably having a driver conflict on the video side - that seems to be where 99% of the issues with the game stem from.

Edit: If you are interested in finding links to our roster and such, you can go here: http://www.orderoftheopenhand.org/