Named ph locs for all House of Thule named

Moderator: Littlabit

Jhereg
Whee!

Named ph locs for all House of Thule named

Postby Jhereg » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I found this last night while browsing. http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... hp?t=20656

Depending where you download from, the empty files will be a different one. The empty files I had were _2, some people have the _3's as empty

The zip file in that thread has all the named. The only problem is that the current file names are the same ones you normally have for your walls in your zones, so if you copy them to your map directory and overwrite the current ones you will end up with no features on your zone maps. EQMaps site has the walls and other terrain in _1 and the named and other text in _3, the _2 files are generally empty zero byte files.

So, two options:
1) rename all the new files to _2 instead of _1 and copy them over
2) or, open them up 1 by 1 and copy and paste the info from them into your current _3 files for those zones.

Final note: best to fix things while EQ is not running, EQ secretly locks copies of maps if they have been loaded once. So if you went to the Grounds, switched to merchant and tried to update in another window your grounds maps it will look like it worked, but soon as you try in game it won't. So always best to do offline or for zones you haven't been in since you started EQ last.

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Named ph locs for all House of Thule named

Postby Tarvas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:40 pm

I had to rename those files _3 because apparently the new mapfiend files have the regular zone names in the _2 file. Works great. Thanks Jhereg.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 pm

bump cause this was the actual post i was looking for :)

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:23 pm

/bump for Renaern, Ommina and others working on Hunter