Zone advice for leveling

Moderator: Littlabit

Nenrea
Whee!

Zone advice for leveling

Postby Nenrea » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 am

/sniff Nenrea is the proud mother a level 40 beastlord! LOL, my 11 year old daughter has leveled her beast to 40 this summer, it's the highest she's ever stuck with a toon. She usually get's bored after level 30 or so (of course I always forbade her to group with anyone up until now also). But I do believe she's going to stick with this one, her original toon was a BST and was on Tarloc's account when we sold it.

Anyway, it's been forever and a day since I exp'd the old fashioned way thru that level.. any advice of where I can tell her to go?

I prefer to keep it as simple as I can until i can get home to show her how to run there (i.e Dulak's Harbor). Most places she can find on her own though, she's spent ALOT of playtime on other characters just exploring the world of Norrath for no other reason than to see what a zone looks like.

Thought for the day.... God may have created man first, but even he realizes that practice makes perfect! "

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Re: Zone advice for leveling

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 am

hmmm Level 40 eh...

I believe the Hole is a good place. Dulaks, (trying to think where i spent my time)... Eastern Wastes by the bridge to Iceclad possibly. Tower of Frozen Shadow... Just cant remember the level ranges of the zones off the top of my head, but I believe them all to be mid level zones. She needs to be well geared if she is soloing. (Ykesha & Velious)

Edit: I checked the level listings on Alla's. Many places to go... just more may require at least 1 other person. Blightfire Moors & Stone Hive & Goru Mesa (bad spelling) might yield the best experience by far, but SH can be a pain with the pull situation. (TSerpent Spine)
Grimling, Twilight, Acrylia caverns might be good places to look as well. (Luclin)

Gratz to her getting to level 40! :teeth:
Last edited by Melinia.Spellteaser on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:19 am

How good is her gear? Stuff she has gathered vs twinked gear makes a huge difference. Also how comfortable is she with more out of the way zones? The hotzones are very very good places to start for exp. City of Mist is great at about that level (or at least I always used it to PL at about that level). The Hole is another great one depending on her comfort level, areas of that zone would take her to her 60's plus.

Nenrea
Whee!

Postby Nenrea » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:35 am

I do need to update her gear. I put pretty decent twink stuff on her when she was created, but I've always told her "get the toon to 46 and she can have new clothes." She's close enough to that and she has played her steadily so she has earned upgrades imo.

She is actually very comfortable with the game, some places it will just take me a time or two showing her how to run there and that's all she'll need. She's been avidly watching her dad and myself play for the better part of 7 years, and she created her first toon 3 years ago (which we sold-oops). So she has a good grasp of the dynamic's of the game. Most importantly, she knows the all important rule of "the pp in the shared bank slot is NOT yours.."

LOL, reminds me of last year.. she called me all at work all excited "mom I got a horse! I got a horse! You know all that stuff I've been looting and selling? There was enough pp in the bank to buy one so I did!" I'm thinking ok, she just started this new toon 2 weeks ago, it's only level 20- she has NOT looted 10k worth of vendor trash. So ask "Jordan honey, WHERE was the pp at in the bank?" To which she promplty replied "in the middle". So I instinctivley yell "WHAT!, that's my pp, just like money Jordan, you don't go into my purse to help yourself to money, you don't take pp that isn't yours".. I'm fussing and lecturing then one single thought pops in my head.. wait a minute, her toon is on Anthony's account "Oh wait honey, nevermind.. have fun playing with your horse! talk to ya later.."

So I promptly call him at work, telling him how she 'found the pp in the middle bank slot" and he's chuckling, thinking how cute it is. I let him go on and then I casually say, "I'm glad to see your taking it well, since her toon is on YOUR account" immediately I hear "WHAT! That wasn't her pp to go shopping with!" =P

The whole thing was just too funny.

Thought for the day.... God may have created man first, but even he realizes that practice makes perfect! "