Gimp camp with decent rewards.

Moderator: Littlabit

Cruz
Whee!

Gimp camp with decent rewards.

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:43 am

Ok if you are like me and are getting on after raids are all filled up here is a gimp camp with decent rewards. If you have a real group, this is not the most rewarding camp for you. If you have a seriously non-optimal group (rogue tank) then you can do much worse. The two named we want are whitewater and darkmist.

There are three areas you can camp these guys. Whitewater and Darkmist seem to be able to spawn for any of the elemental guys. I have seen them in both the north camp and the camp with the magician spell vendor (east). I would assume they can camp in the west one as well but people usually leave that camp alone do to Steam Lord Roil being a pain. The north camp is a bit popular so I avoid that one as well. Mistwalker roams the north camp and even though he is lower level than the named we are after, he is a raid mob and can hurt…bad. People like the north camp as it is the best exp as it is all elementals (68-70) not a mix with lower level drakes (65-67).

I usual setup camp on the ramp up to the east area close to the Magician vendor (very convenient when you want to sell). All pulls here are single pull unless you are not watching the few wandering drakes. Some mobs summon (don’t recall if it is only the named, and a few flurry and ramp). The elementals (hardest hitters) hit for 900 ish but rarely do max (yes a level 1 orc pawn can tank here). Some things here cast they can dispel, root, snare, complete heal and gate (gate rarely means adds as they are all single pulls anyhow.

There are a few other named in and around this camp. Steam Lord Roil (72?) sits in the center or the west camp. He seems to be about a 1-2 hour spawn no placeholder. He drops 3 quest pieces for some quest, no clue which, and nothing else of value. He is the highest level mob in this area but is an easy kill. He summons and hit ~1200? Has some AE (my little group was below 50 health when I killed him last). He casts an AE blind of some sort (which makes this fight interesting), not sure if resistible but Cruz got hit with it and his resists are not crap. Mistwalker(70) in the north camp is a raid mob don’t pull him. The only other named here is a named drake (looks undead), he spawns rarely in the east camp. He seems to be placeholder spawn and not timed he is level 68? And nothing special. He drops his head, no clue what it is for (Drakin breath weapon quest? Who knows..).

I do NOT recommend this camp for any real group as the exp is not all that. However it is better than sitting in guild pool with non-optimal group or watching the raid in guild chat. Cruz seems to get a bit more than a yellow of regular experience there in a short evening (at level 72). Think that is a blue or two an hour. There is also a quest one can get for killing the drakes in the east camp. It is received on a plateau to the south of the zone, no clue as to reward. I imagine this is also a very soloable camp for strong solo classes as well.

Drops in the last 4 days of camping (few hours a day)
Ancient Molds (220hps/mana) QViC ish with no effects till you do next part of quest.
2 Plate Gloves
1 Plate Wrist
1 Chain Glove
2 Leather Gloves
1 Leather Wrist
1 Silk Glove
2 Improved Damage 6 augs (up to level 75) type 7 (Rare on whitewater)
Mineral Encrusted Helm (160ish hp leather hat)
Sunderspring belts (too many to count 10+) (Common on whitewater)
80 mana aug type 7
3 main hand caster item 150ish hps (lame)
Patient Harvest Rk 2
…Some level 72? Pally heal Rk 2
Ash covered everything (way too many)
Lots of research parchments/vellums (no level 70 ones but 3-4 level 69 ones and tons of lower ones).

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:51 am

Sounds like a fun kill everything type of camp. I may be on later on tonight to take a run at this. I have a couple toons that could use some armor upgrades. If your on send a tell and I will come tank for you. Or, if you see me over there come on over for some exp.

Bobb

Terranya
Whee!

Postby Terranya » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:32 am

Twoofus and I duo it, I've gotten some nice things for my shammy!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:48 pm

what zone is it?

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:52 pm

Haha, I cant beleive I left out that 'minor' piece of info. This is in Sunderrock Springs.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks Cruz, I am not very well versed in the new zones