Train! (monster Mission).

Moderator: Littlabit

Cruz
Whee!

Train! (monster Mission).

Postby Cruz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:49 am

Train!

Ok this Monster Mission is still relatively unknown. Probably because its entry on allas has it as incomplete (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3245).

The mission is given by "a decrepit froglok" at +1160, -120. This is right by the entrance to Lower Guk (I know there are multiple entrances, but there is one main one everyone uses and this guy is there).

This monster mission is an odd one. The stated goal is to train out or Lower Guk 40 Norrathian adventurers. You are a frog that starts in LGuk by the executioner. Over time Adventurers will spawn throughout LGuk (both live and dead side). In actuality it looks like existing frogs turn into adventurers. When you agro these guys they will fight for a few seconds and then flee. It is not necessary to actually attack them, but rather just run by them getting agro then let them do their whole fleeing thing. So basically you just run around LGuk for about 25 mins until 40 have fled, get exp drop mission and chat with cool rogues.

Even though you start in LGuk on the dead side the faction does not play by normal rules. The only things that will agro you are the adventurers and some odd green baslik guy that seems to spawn in odd spots. Feel free to roam from live to dead at will. If you die you respawn by the executioner again. The adventurers do not spawn all at once but over the course of time. Thus you can even afk for the first few mintutes as there will not be many up. There is no reason to have more than just one person doing this adventure and you will not finish it any quicker if you have a full group helping as the adventurers take a while to spawn.

When you have 30 adventurers on your fled list a chest will spawn by the Uguk/LGuk zoneline. One of two things will be in it. This is a bit bugged as I sometimes the loot will not be in your inventory when you get out of the adventure. I have had it both ways, Cruz got the gloves (not an upgrade though), but Guttwin did not have the range item when he crossed back. If you figure out what is up with the chest loot and spawn tell me.

When you win this mission everyone in your task gets about 78% of an AA point.

Short Description.
Go to LGuk zoneline.
Say ‘defend’ to “a decrepit froglok"
Pick your monster
Say ‘see’ to “a decrepit froglok"
Run around LGuk live and dead side for 25 mins.
Get exp, possibly loot chest, drop mission and do again in 45 mins from start.

P.S. The Necro adventurers suck because they snare you send there pets on you then flee and there pets don’t disappear when they zone out. None the less, death has no penalty.

Darkenamel Chain Gauntlets
LORE ITEM ARTIFACT NO TRADE MAGIC ITEM
Weight: 1.7 Size: MEDIUM
Slot: HANDS
AC: +30 Str: +9 Sta: +9 Wis: +9 Int: +9 Agi: +9 Fire Resist: +8 Disease Resist: +8 Cold Resist: +8 HP: +95 Mana: +90 End: +90
Classes: Rogue Shaman Ranger Berserker

Totem of Potency
LORE ITEM ARTIFACT NO TRADE MAGIC ITEM
Weight: 0.7 Size: MEDIUM
Slot: RANGE
AC: +14 Str: +9 Sta: +9 Wis: +9 Int: +9 Agi: +9 Disease Resist: +8 Cold Resist: +8 Poison Resist: +8 HP: +105 Mana: +110 End: +110
Classes: All Classes

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:59 pm

Thanks for the info! I really need to do this, those are some nice gloves lol

Then again, there are a lot of monster missions I'd like to do for items....but sometimes it's hard collecting people to do em. :p

Oh and as for the item disappearing, you may want to check your shroud bank and/or make sure you have a free space in your inventory when you leave. I found that when I zoned out of the fairy mission with no space for the necklace it poofed.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:40 am

Thanks Cruz.

Big Green Bait

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:45 am

There may be a hitch here.

When you spawn into the mission you spawn as a dead frog. WHen I am the dead frog I do not aggro either side (live or dead). Other people have said that they DO aggro the live side. Perhaps existing faction levels cross over. I am unsure about this. In the 'real world' I am kindy to live froggies and max KoS to dead froggies. In the Mission I am dubious to live froggies and did not check dead ones yet, but it is high enough for them no tto attack me. The only thing in the whole place that attacks me is the one baslisk (greenie) which seems to be able to spawn anywhere.

If one side or the other (live/dead) does not like you this mission gets a bit harder as you cannot run the whole place unmolested. It would still be soloable, but not necessarily in 25 mins.

Zurlik
Whee!

Postby Zurlik » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:50 pm

I've had no aggro problems at all with this mission. I had problems the first 2 times I did it because I hadnt been in guk for years. I apparently never used the "normal" zone in and couln't find it.. I did some research and went back the third time and completed it very fast and got Taste the gloves in the chest. I'll likely never do this mission again though. That place is too big to be running around like a crazed frog pretty much doing nothing else.
Master Alchemist Taste Chickenlike-Celestial Navigators-84 Froglok Shaman

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:06 pm

The only advantage this mission has, is that it can be soloed (as long as you have 3 in your group)

That place is too big to be running around like a crazed frog pretty much doing nothing else.

Guk it huge and running both live and dead side multiple times can get old. One trick is when you spawn into the instance...dont start running. Wait about 10-15 minutes for adventurers to spawn. Then just run it once and you are done. Almost no adventurers are up when you first zone in, so running at that point is not too useful.

Nimor
Whee!

Postby Nimor » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:24 pm

I was wondering how exactly are you guys getting them to follow you. I failed a mission today cause I missed 3 guys to reach the 40 needed but I ran into like 20 of them that no matter what I did refused to follow me. they would sick thier pets on me and run off in the other direction towards teh center of the zone. Any advice on that part?

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:54 pm

They don't have to follow you to the zone, the point is that they are supposed to run from you. What they do is attack you....and then they run for a period of time like maybe around a few seconds. If you are still in their aggro range they'll come back and attack you again.....if they are out of your aggro range then they will continue running to the zone. From experience they all run towards the zoneline with the chest(I had to follow one the first time around to find it).

In doing this mission they only beat on you for a small period of time before fleeing. So, in other words, all you have to do is run around and find them to make them flee. Most of the time when you do run into one that has spawned and is standing there, they just run without fighting. That's why the name of the mission is TRAIN! :)
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Dont try to fight them follow them or make them chase you. Just run the whole dungeon and ignore them. Make sure you run both live and dead side.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:53 am

How much exp do you get for this mission?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:02 am

This mission is one of the ones that recently had the exp reduced. You get 78% of an AA per mission. I takes about 25-30 mins to run, but has 45 min lockout like all MMs.