Monster Missions?

Moderator: Littlabit

Pohl
Whee!

Monster Missions?

Postby Pohl » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:07 pm

How many zones and or monster missions do you guys know or have heard about? I've done a few and these are fun, and can be a good option when you can't find the right people for a balanced group. So far I've only done maybe 3 I will list mine in order of hardest (higher level mobs and/or higher tiered loot.

Zone:
Undershore--3 differnt instance givers here, nw corner right of zone in left of zone in from corthus. Look for freemind cipher for runnyeye missions and playing as sporials, look to the right for slave traders for solo faction type quests and playing as drachinids, look in the nw corner for werewolf missions, little clockwork gnome gives mission. Key phrase for one of the two ww missions is "shadowmane invasion"

High Pass Keep--did a mission here where you looked for prisoners, your options where either a war or claric HHK guards, and you killed the pickclaw gobbies.

Lavastorm Mountains--I've heard the mission NPC wanders and he's the one that gives you the Naggy mission.

Post any others you have heard about and weather the reward is worth trying it out.

Sno
Whee!

RE: Monster Missions?

Postby Sno » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:27 pm

i did the Guk one where we are all frogloks trying to save other froggys from the revolt.. only got as far as killing the second wave .. first came the assasins second wave was from 5 different classes .. cleric wiped us everytime.. its alot like the naggy one.. if u fail to free your buddys from bondage you lose and are immediately ported out.. did about 15 times and was quite a challenge since there was no imformation on it.. the Protector is in the corner before entering lower guk from grobb stone

done the pirates in BB which was bugged the first 2 times we started it.. finally got the mission and was a riot ..

done the fairy one in NF .. seems to be the best one if your looking for fast aa's.. u can beat that one in under 15 mins once u get to the right spot and use "hide" ALOT lol...

im liking them alot and gettin to meet alot of nice fun loving people like us in CN ...

HUGS !
Sno

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:31 am

I've only done three missions:

Shadowmane Invasion (Werewolf mission in Undershore) - You are a werewolf obviously, and class choices are Rogue, or Monk. - I got locked out of this pre-nerf. Haven't tried it since the last patch.

Did a Monster Mission in West Commonlands - We were Griffons, class choices are Druid or Ranger. Person who gives out the task is along northern zone wall not too far from East Commonlands zone (iirc). Did this one pre-nerf as well, not great exp and the mission itself is kind of boring.

And the Fairy mission in Nektulos. Only choice to be is a lvl 25 Fairy Ranger. This one is actually kind of fun. Also at 80% AAs I would get almost a full AA per mission. The only thing I dislike is how sloooooowly these fairies fly.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Mission

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:39 am

There is one in Butcher Block. To the right of the docks if your looking out towards the water, around the retaining wall. Basically, you go to Freeport and kill mobs there. All you need to do is loot 30 or more treasures from the chests in 45 minutes and you get a 3 resist aug and just under one full AA. So, you can invite 5 people who aren't grouped into your mission. Go in solo while they do their own thing. Get your treasures and AFK while you clean the house or something until the timer is about up. Come back to the computer, go back to the dock where you started, zone out of mission, zone into mission and your done.

Good stuff.

Just say YES to free AAs!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Pohl
Whee!

Monster Missions?

Postby Pohl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:08 pm

Goofy are you changing my subject line again?

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:02 pm

Aye, and pretty sure the big lizard asked us not to do that :)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Goofydoofy

Subject Lines

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:14 pm

No, I'm changing my subject lines.

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

RE: Subject Lines

Postby Kayrian » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:52 pm

I was an oger once, pirate once, giant once..... think that is it
Myspace.com/calotine

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Monster Missions

Postby Siderius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:59 am

Changed subject back so the forums get usable.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Rendus
Nekoconeko

RE: Monster Missions

Postby Rendus » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:01 am

I'm working on fixing it so that the subject lines cannot be changed after thread creation, but it's a non-trivial task at the moment. In the meantime, I've been going back and removing modified subjects as I come across them.

Edit: This is done

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

RE: Monster Missions

Postby Siderius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:40 am

awesome Rendus :)
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:57 am

I thought subject lines were meant to be changed for each post suggesting the subject of that post was different from the rest. It is the thread subject line that should always remain the same. I thought you were all joking. Guess I was wrong.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:09 am

Each time you do it Goofydoofy, it shows as a new thread totally unrelated to everything previously on the left side topic list. Meaning people have to go through to figure out where the previous topic went and that they have to possibly reload the entire thread costing a bit extra bandwith.

If your post is different like 'Missions' instead of 'Monster missions' that means your talking about DoN instead of DoDH likely to most people. Therefore they go expecting a new thread about changes to the Creator mission because they don't have DoDH yet as an example. If the left side listing didn't exist or the forum posts lasted longer as 'new' it wouldn't matter as much.

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:25 am

Ok, I think I am a bit slow here.

I have done a couple of monster missions. The kitty one in Stonebrunt killing wisps and pandas and one in High Hold Keep where you have to find some guy. The Stonebrunt one was pretty straight forward and the Highkeep one despite our best efforts (plowing through that stinking dungeon with mods healing through walls and floors, DPS of a level 1 Orc...), we never found the guy. The Stonebrunt one was decent exp and I saw a decent chain arm that dropped (Think it was just under the 100hp/mana range). The Highkeep one, unfinished yielded no noticeable experience and did not get any drops.

I keep hearing about other missions, like some nerfed werewolf one, fairy in lf, some treasure finding one in Butcherblock. I tried looking for some info on these and I could not find much. The only mission I see anything written on (besides a few snippets on our boards) is the werewolf mission and the treasure collection mission.

What I don’t understand is that when people are talking about the treasure collecting one they seem to not be finishing the mission...is this correct? Do you actually get exp when not finishing a mission (was not my experience with the Highkeep one). Also some people seem to be alluding to soloing some, don’t you need at least 3 people in a mission?

I think I am missing something here.

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:24 am

ok to clear up some of your confusion cruz (and anyone else who's curious), the thing people are talking about is the BB (Freeport, pirate) mission only. People may say they don't finish it but that is only half true. to finish the mission successfully you need to loot 30 treasures. these can come from either dead mobs or chests that are around the zone. the mission ends after 45 minutes, but you can stop after 30 loots and still win, so if it only takes you 20 minutes to finish the mission, you can sit around for 25 minutes while the clock runs out. That is why people could say they didn't finish the mission. Now it can be soloed because you can play a rogue and sneak and hide around and open chests to get the treasure. you do need 3 people to get the mission, but they can just sit in the group while you do the mission solo, they don't even have to enter the zone. you can also taskadd up to 3 more so that they can get free AAs. hope that explains everything and that I didn't ramble on too much.

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:03 am

If you can finish in 20 minutes why would you wait around another 25 minutes? I would think you would want to drop it and get another?

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 am

you can't do that. The exp is awarded after the timer runs out and you loot the reward (chain boots or resist aug).

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:18 pm

Hmm, I just log into the forums and click the "View All Posts Since Last Visit" link. The threads with new messages come up and I just open whatever thread I am interested in reading in a new window. Subject line changes have no effect on anything when I do it that way. I had no idea anything was done a different way.

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:41 am

Where is that button goofy? I don't see it on the home page......

Kay

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:00 am

Kayrian, we don't get the "View All Posts Since Last Visit" button because that would require us to actually leave the boards.

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:59 am

Kayrian, we don't get the "View All Posts Since Last Visit" button because that would require us to actually leave the boards.

ROFL SO TRUE!
Myspace.com/calotine

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:36 pm

Hehe, it's in the upper right corner, under the "FAQ, Search, etc buttons." It only shows on the forum index. It's not a button, but is a line of text (there are three lines of text in that corner, it's the center one I think).

And Goofy, everyone does things differently. Some rely on the multi-block on the left side, some use that "View all posts since last visit," and some look for the little icons that are a different color and click on those. I personally never notice if a subject line is changed, as I only look for the different color icons (or sometimes just the dates of last updated), but many others look at the side bar and just go down the line, so it matters to them.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:29 pm

I'm sure it does matter. I wasn't aware of that option.