Shawl 2.0

Moderator: Littlabit

Sharrien
Whee!

Shawl 2.0

Postby Sharrien » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:24 am

Greetings fellow tradeskill maniancs. If you haven't been following the SOE forums, I wanted to spread the word that Ngreth said that he is planning to have s Dain Shawl 2.0 in Underfoot. If you have spent insane amounts of time on tradeskills, this might be something of interest to you.

The info he has released so far:
- You must have the 8th Coldain Shawl done. You will need the item itself since there were no flags from quests back then that could be checked now. If you deleted it and want to do 2.0, you need to get to work on doing 1.0 over again.
- There will be 7 tradeskill steps involving each of the main skills (similar to Erons).
- 300 raw skill will probably be required, maybe the 6th or 7th trophies as well.
- Research will not be used in any final combine although it might be used on some minor subcombines. I believe the same holds true for poison making and alchemy.
- There will be an 8th step involving a raid. The raid will be one of the existing Underfoot raids, not one exclusively for completion of the Shawl.
- It will have stats good for both melee and casters.

Implied but not stated outright:
- The stats will be consistent with the content. I believe this means that the 7th step Shawl from group content would be at the top end of the group items and the 8th that requires a raid will have similar stats to the other items from that raid tier.

Known fact:
- This beast WILL wear the Shawl.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Keldinaar
Whee!

Re: Shawl 2.0

Postby Keldinaar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 am

Good to know. I think I finally did destroy mine not more than a couple months ago to clear some bank space.....at least it won't take nearly as long to repeat as it did the first time.

Wamadoorn
Whee!

Postby Wamadoorn » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 am

I loved my shawl, I was very sad the day I sacrificed it for bank space. So now I need to redo the original to start the 'upgrade' quest? Oh well, that could actually be a little nostalgic fun, as long as the drops aren't *too* stingy.

300 skill required? So I actually have to work on my fletching. blech.

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am

I've devoted too much of my bank space to trophy room storage. I just can't bear to delete things I worked on for so long like the Coldain Shawl, Marsinger's Gem, Epic 1.0 claws, etc. At least Ngreth said that he was going to do something to reduce the storage space for cultural armor and symbol patterns. He didn't say what his plans are but he did say the solution would work for old ones as well as the new Underfoot armor and symbols.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I wanted to point out that this hasn't been guaranteed. Ngreth WANTS to do it but he has said he may not be able to get it into the expansion. I will be redoing the original shawl quest though just in case.

Tchien
Munkygurl

Postby Tchien » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:27 am

I never bothered with thes on Tchien, for obvious the obvious unusable reason. But I do still have the shawl in my beastlord's (original main) bank and I have tenaciously clung on to the bank hogging crap I had collected while I was working on the shawl for Shardiss (she's apparently at the tailoring stage).

Drop rates haven't changed, from what I can tell. But mobs die much faster, allowing for easy farming. The zones are usually empty or near empty most of the time, though that may change if a new shawl shows up.