Tradeskill Trophy

Moderator: Littlabit

Fenwig
Pimp Daddy

Tradeskill Trophy

Postby Fenwig » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:38 am

Can someone please update me on the trophy quests? What is the purpose / benefit? Looks like fun...

Fenwig is a 207 Tinkerer...I enjoyed Tinking, so I'm hoping to pick it back up again.
Fenwig Neehighnooker
Retired (?) Pimp Daddy

Sharrien
Whee!

Re: Tradeskill Trophy

Postby Sharrien » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 am

The trophies give progressively higher bonuses to your tradeskill, up to 15% for a fully maxed trophy. They also summon a weight reducing bag. You can make one of the bags permanent, but I forget how.

I tradeskilled a lot anyway, so I got trophies for all the tradeskills. Came in handy later on when I did Eron's quests since I had at least a 12% mod for every skill. I recommend starting at the lowest quest tier that you are offered (for example, if your skill is 199, don't wait to get the task after getting 200) since your trophy gets bonus xp to catch up if your skill tier is higher than your trophy tier. Make sure you have your trophy equipped or it will not evolve when you tradeskill!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 am

Regarding the bags, once you have a TS trophy you are able to use it to summon temporary bags called "Master Artisan's Satchel". The bags will vary in size depending on the level of your trophy, I know that at least for Expert and above this is a 10-slot, 100% wt reduction bag.....lower level trophies give smaller bags but am not sure what size bags equate to what level trophy. If you take one of these bags to the bazaar and turn it in to Jolum (you can locate him using Find NPC), he will turn it into the appropriate "Carry-all" which is a permanent bag; for example, if you summoned a bag with an expert baker's trophy and turn it in for conversion you'll receive back a Master Baker's Carry-all. The permanent bags are Lore so you can only have one per trophy, however, since they've actually made them specific to each tradeskill, you can now have one for each trophy you have. Originally there was only one type of bag called a Grandmaster's Carry-all and there was no distinction about whether the original summoned bag came from a trophy for baking, brewing, JC or some other skill; so, you were only able to get 1 total no matter how many different trophies you had.

One other note regarding when to get your trophies, as Sharrien mentioned, the tests change depending on what level of tradeskill you are at. Most notably, once you hit a skill level of 250 or higher, one of the requirements for your "Test" is to make the old grandmaster's trophy for that skill. While not very difficult it is a bit of a PITA so I'd definitely recommend getting your trophy before reaching 250.

Fenwig
Pimp Daddy

Postby Fenwig » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Got the quest from the NPC outside west freeport. The PITA is now finding all the low level components I need to get started... You used to be able to find pie tins and skewers and such in the bazaar by the buttload...one more change I'm going to have to deal with.. grrr.
Fenwig Neehighnooker

Retired (?) Pimp Daddy

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is still on the list.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:55 pm

They're pretty easy to make with smithing.. if you haven't worked on smithing at all, I can help you with that. Just give me a list of stuff you need and I can get it made 15-20 minutes next time I log in.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Fenwig
Pimp Daddy

Postby Fenwig » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Finding that I do have lower level smithing and pottery and such, so I managed a few of the lower level ones. Discovered I have to do a quest to work with Dark Matter. It looks like this trophy is going to be pretty involved, particularly since I've been away for so long. I think it will be fun though!
Fenwig Neehighnooker

Retired (?) Pimp Daddy

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:56 am

I know you were looking for the convert GoD resource tinkering quest giver in Abysmal Sea last night, but not sure if you found it. If you don't want to take the time to do the quest to convert raw matter (and other tradeskills) you can just hand the quest giver the item you want converted and he will give you two of the converted items back. If you do the quest to be able to convert it yourself, your yield will increase over time from 1 to 1 then 1 to 2 and finally 1 to 3. For me it was easier to just hand the items in and get 2 back instead of getting a quest to eventually get 3 items for every one I start with.

Good luck!

Fenwig
Pimp Daddy

Postby Fenwig » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Funny you should bring that up. I finally found the NPC I needed. He was marked incorrectly on the Mapfiend map, and the find function would not work for him. Anyway, I began working through the quest, and had down about 120 turn-ins when Finamdar told me that I could just hand the guy the dark matter to be refined.

Thankfully...I guess all that clicking is worth something if you have 0 tradeskill...
Fenwig Neehighnooker

Retired (?) Pimp Daddy