Research Changes

Moderator: Littlabit

Ommina
Whee!

Research Changes

Postby Ommina » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 am

Existing "old" research recipes (blah blah's journal, left side, page 16 and all that) are going away with the SoF release.

Old spell research will be seing its end with the Secrets of Faydwer expansion.

This affects ALL recipies that use the following containers:

Phantasmal Tome
Sorcerer's Lexicon
Elemental Grimoire
Book of Dark Bindings
Warlock's Book of Binding
Arch Magus Grimoire
Lexicon
Tome of Endless Enchantments

If the Recipe resulted in spell scroll, the recipe is converted to the new systematic spell research system.

If the Recipe did not result in a spell scroll, it was simply copied to the new container with no changes except that it uses the new container. This includes things such as the runed swatches.

The exception is any "training" runes that may have used the "books" I no longer feel that these are necessary, as you can easily gain the skills in the systematic system past what the training runes gave.

There are not going to be any "new" spell recipes this expansion. If it was not already in the systematic system and if it was not in the old system, then a recipe was not made for it.

The "Stationary" drops will be made to drop worldwide and not just in TSS.

The old drops will be evaluated and at some point removed in order to have less junk drop in the world. This may not be done at the expansion release, but it will happen. If they are used in another recipe such as celestial essence or some tinkering combines, they will continue to drop.

From my reading of this, it does include rarer spells such as RGC. (Or, as Szork calls it, RCG.)

Cruz
Whee!

Re: Research Changes

Postby Cruz » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 pm

I wonder if it is worth the effort to push to 300 before the changes? My Enchanter is in the 250s or so.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:08 pm

If the change is anything like the alchemy overhaul then I would say to wait until it goes through. I liked the alchemy change, although it took some getting used to.

RGC in Canadian is RC de G :P

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:20 am

The changes have all been made, just they are going to discontinue the old system now. Last year(?) they made old spells (levels <61) researchable with the new systematic system but allowed you to still use the old pages and words to make those same spells. Now they are going to require the new systematic system and discontinue the old system.

As far as I recall, the highest trivial on the old system that I ever saw was about 216 for the level 60 spells. So I don't think it would have any affect on a 250+ skillup path.

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:10 pm

You could actually use old pages and such up to 227 but, yeah, no real impact on higher end research.

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:46 pm

Ok i dont get this new system at all im trying to make a spell on my chanter a regular ol' lvl 16 spell and i have NO idea what to do and cant figure out where to find the recipe for anything... i dont get it, not at all.

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 am

have they done away with all the lower spells for pages.. i opened my book of binding and i didnt have any of the spells i saved ?

HUGS !
Sno

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:07 pm

Yes, they are gone. There aren't many recipes know yet (I.E. Posted on EQTraders) so you either have to wait or figure out the new system =(

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:18 am

i deleted my book of binding.. sold all my pages .. i have BANK SPACE again im so happy happy happy ! .. ive done a couple combines with the new spells and the nice thing is everything is pretty much bought in CR ...

Thanks again for verifying they are gone..

HUGS !
Sno

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 pm

there's a vendor next to small bank in PoK as well for research stuff

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:15 pm

well i made a mage and /gasp discovered alot of my mid lvl pets are research only.

So looked up a few of the spells and the system seems simple enough, only one of the research components need to be farmed... rest are bought nice!

Have not had much luck getting the drops needed... heard that caster mobs have a higher chance of dropping
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger