CT hosting some open raiding saturday afternoons.

Moderator: Littlabit

Lhimy
Whee!

CT hosting some open raiding saturday afternoons.

Postby Lhimy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Shredd from CT hosting some open raids on saturday afternoons...

http://forums.crimsontempest.net/topic/ ... pen-raids/

Obvious things first. It'd be wise not to attend on a main or you'll be locked out of our raids. They'll be doing Argath tomorrow so you probably dont want to be locked out for our raid that night. As well if you like to bring alts with us on raids you probably dont want to get them locked out either.

So with that in mind thought i'd post that here incase anyone had any interest. They'll be starting up at 3eastern and if I had to take a guess i'd imagine 3/4s of the raid force will be CT alts so a win is pretty given. Probably not gonna get any gear cause link is saying gear is going to mains then alts then guests. If they are considering any of the non-CT people attending as 'guests' that means no ones getting gear but CT alts hehe, might still be nice for the flagging though and he was saying they hope to get enough people flagged to do t2 in the coming weeks so some free chits for alts.

Anyways, food for thoughts if ya looking for something to do saturday afternoons and have some spare alts.

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: CT hosting some open raiding saturday afternoons.

Postby Jhereg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 am

If I get more time in the following weeks I might try to get Ryoko flagged up. Been sick or busy lately.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Jhereg wrote:If I get more time in the following weeks I might try to get Ryoko flagged up. Been sick or busy lately.

Get unbusy and unsick...I command you!
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Lhimy
Whee!

Postby Lhimy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Well we scored on it!! They changed it up a bit from the post and guests had equal rights as their alts (yay!). Mac scored the caster cloak for his wizzy and I got the melee neck for my zerker!

Was worth it for the wait though. Took until the 4th try to get him down. They were using the strat they normally do which includes just straight up ignoring the AE and have everyone just stay on ramp and DPS through it. Doesnt work as well in a pick-up raid of alts and non-raiders compared to when you're doing it with fully raid geared toons hehe.

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 am

I'm confused as to why they're doing this when they're usually very closed up about sharing current expansion raid strat? has there been a big change with them? I think it's cool that they are, don't get me wrong, just very out of character for them.

Lhimy
Whee!

Postby Lhimy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 am

At this point in the game you're just being a naive idiot if you dont share strats =P. Anything you think you know or have figured it out is already on the web somewhere hehe.

RoI's had the last 3 expansions down way faster than everyone else and puts their strats up on their elitegamerslounge site Qulas runs fairly quickly after beating events (think they typially have only held out on the very last event of the last tier only.) And most of the high end guilds give each other forum access as well to each other's officers and they discuss/share their strats. I still have access to 2 different forums of guilds that are done with VoA =P.

The basics are if someone is smart they're gonna figure it out eventually and if you already know it's in your best interests to help them incase you need their help down the line. And if someone's an idiot it makes no difference even if you take all day and spell it out for them step by step because they're idiots and wont get it right anyways.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

And if someone's an idiot it makes no difference even if you take all day and spell it out for them step by step because they're idiots and wont get it right anyways.

Amen brother
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 am

And frankly most strategies for high end guilds don't work for everyone else. They often rely on very high dps since they control recruiting by class instead of personality.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Oaklen wrote:
And if someone's an idiot it makes no difference even if you take all day and spell it out for them step by step because they're idiots and wont get it right anyways.

Amen brother

I sometimes get it, eventually!

Zahashah
Whee!

Postby Zahashah » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:06 am

/Cheer Ommina!
fantasia_dancing_mushroom_costume_by_aelthwyn-d4gd98v.jpg
fantasia_dancing_mushroom_costume_by_aelthwyn-d4gd98v.jpg (174.73 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Man. I have to start remembering to close the curtains.