Half off EQ sub, VOA with SC RIGHT NOW+More

Moderator: Littlabit

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Half off EQ sub, VOA with SC RIGHT NOW+More

Postby Rendus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:53 pm

SOE is offering 50% off all Station Cash in-game items this weekend! Pick up these sweet deals in EverQuest, EverQuest II, Pox Nora, Free Realms, Clone Wars Adventures, DC Universe Online and Magic the Gathering: Tactics.

Offer valid from 12:01AM PDT June 16, 2012 to 11:59PM PDT June 18, 2012, and is limited to PC games only.

UPDATE: In EverQuest II the sale has already started, and we think it's important to note that non-recurring memberships are (at least on Thursday evening) marked 50% off and we weare able to successfully purchase one at that price. The purchase of memberships with Station Cash will end on Monday, June 18.

Ok. It isn't the optimal 3x SC trickery nonsense, but if you DID Get in on that and have a stockpile, this makes it effectively 6x... Nuts.

And, right now Everquest non-recurring subscriptions are 50% off in-game. I've done this myself, and so have others. It's very, very strange and I don't think intentional. Here's how it breaks down right now:

1 Month: 749 SC
3 Month: 1948 SC (one $15 Walmart card)
6 Month 3597 SC (2 $15 Walmart cards)
1 Year 5994 SC (3 $15 Walmart cards)

Weird they're doing this and then removing the ability entirely come Monday. There might actually be truth to their claim that it's not a very strongly used feature (but since it takes nothing to leave it in there, even if completely unused, it doesn't make sense either)... In any case, pretty good deals for the 50% off promo on in-game items coming up, too.

Emarinn
Whee!

Re: Half off EQ sub, VOA with SC RIGHT NOW+More

Postby Emarinn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

I feel the purchase of some polymorph wands happening this weekend!
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:01 pm

My conclusion as ridiculous as it may be :) is that the cheaper subs were put in to see if enough of a bump would happen that would negate the loss of money from people currently payin full or even the reduced longer term subs hence a win win for soe. More people playing more people using the station cash hopefully since there subs are dirt cheap why not another 20 bucks for that potion,name change, charachter slots etc. The underutilization to me is there way of saying not enough people took advantage we didnt get a huge bump in New or Renewed old sub's coming back to justify the loss. And IF you really want to get a conspiracy theory going, who's going to be the first poster that screams about the fact they went right to sc store and used up there sc already this week with the knowledge the option was going away<which it is> but had no idea the sale was coming this weekend :) so now to take advantage they'll have to buy more sc and extend there eq time even farther or be Shafted screwed by the man!! <soe> again. And demand the time they purchased earlier this week be doubled

Lhimy
Whee!

Postby Lhimy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Hm? When did they say it was not a strongly used feature? Smed said they were always super succesful and Piestro said in that big thread they removed the option because of how limited the people use was of SC to buy subscriptions cause no one ever did it except on sale days.

I imagine this is just another attempt to make up for the fiasco with removing it innitially and another attempt to gather some numbers on how the sales go to figure out some options on future sale possibilities. Them kinda being childish and going "see? see? we didnt remove it cause we didnt want people to do it, we'll even do it again just to show you that wasnt the case, hah!"

Anyways, i'm mostly all subbed up but wouldnt mind picking up an extra merc slot on a few accounts. If anyones looking for extra plat i'll cough up 200k per game card. Not after more than maybe 3 tops.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Smed said they're happy with the results they get, even though it's typically used with promotions. Piestro said:

Just jumping in to let you know this was indeed an intentional change. This decision was partially based on the very limited utilization of this feature.

Very limited utilization, if he meant the words actually typed, means... Well, what was typed. That the feature isn't heavily utilized.

But SOE has never really had a strong handle on corporate messaging, beyond being absolute masters of doublespeak and PRese.

Lhimy
Whee!

Postby Lhimy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 pm

yea, that gets clarified later on in thread. he meant not that few people were using the SC option but the utilization of it was limited only to sale days.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Lhimy wrote:yea, that gets clarified later on in thread. he meant not that few people were using the SC option but the utilization of it was limited only to sale days.

That I'm far more willing to believe.