LoN

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

LoN

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:02 am

So, I deleted all instances of Everquest and LoN because it appears I had 2-3 different installs on the drive. I reinstalled Everquest and everything is dandy. But, when I try to reinstall LoN using the stand alone client, it seems to not do anything when it is updating the files. No downloading, no drive accessing, just some sort of loop doing nothing that sucks up resources. I try playing it from the Everquest client and Everquest crashes.

Thoughts?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: LoN

Postby Tarvas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

Stop sucking so much.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Seems the in Everquest version just crashes at loading randomly. So, if it loads, I'm gtg. I have no idea why the stand alone version isn't working or why the in Everquest version would crash at random when everything is the same each time I load it.

Slurp Slurp
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

bilorre
Whee!

Postby bilorre » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 pm

what tarvas said

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm

I put LON in its own directory - and seems to work. I only run it stand alone.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 am

As far as why it will randomly crash EQ with the in-game client: EQ can only address 2GB of RAM at any one time. The card art is about 650MB, and if you're someplace busy or art-intensive in game (say, new guildhall, guild lobby, POK), you're almost guaranteed to push over 2GB of RAM usage. Sony... Well, they're Sony, and instead of failing gracefully with an error message and refusing to load LON, or loading lower-quality art or any of a dozen other things I can think of to mitigate the problem, they just let the client crash.

And I have no idea what's up with your stand-alone version. Mine was trying to patch, but then stopped to lick paint.