Parent LVL1

Moderator: Littlabit

dracozz
Whee!

Parent LVL1

Postby dracozz » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:47 am

As some of you knew the day was coming for me, I Promised to put pictures when the day came and i will..

feb-4 , We recently moved to a new place so we could have a bedroom for the baby to come, not expecting him until the 14th all was clam and going as planned, my girl had fallen asleep after eating and watching a movie we rented, and i was in the computer room starting to play dawn of war, since cable would not be installed till the next day.

feb-4 11:20pm my girl calls my name out of nowhere, and i go to her wondering if theres anything wrong, as a reach her she tells me"i think my water just broke"instantly my mind thought"ok..who do we need to call,and how soon do we need to be at the hospital" i had no worries in my mind. So we called out parent, and prepared our things before heading off to the hospital.

feb-4 11:55pm we arrived at the hospital, they put her in a room, set her all up and the wait began, at this time she was having little to no contractions.
fed-5 9:00am after much medication her contractions had started coming, her doctor had arrived and the fight began.

At this point i was still not worried I simply took it as it was..i tried to be as supportive as i could holding my girls hand caressing her head to try and calm her, And to be honest i was mostly struggling with not passing out, the sights of all that was going on, seeing the nurses gloved hand full of blood, it was all almost too much for me. I have never been a person who could stand the sight of too much blood, but i struggled trying that my girl would not see my face, i just felt a bit disgusted and mostly lightheaded.

At one point her mom had to go ou of the room, my girl was having complications and the mom couldn't stand it she was just crying like mad outside the door,3 nurses and 1 doctor where now helping my girl, and i took it as a chance to go to the car and eat some of the bread we lef tin the car hoping it would take away my nausea, and feeling to pass out.I ate as fast as i could, just a quick bite and whent back to her and by then things had really started.Part of the problem the last few hours had been the baby wasn't moving much, as it turns out she hadn't been pushing the right way, but finally she was.

it was now 1:00pm and things got intense,my girl (Elenitza) was by now exausted, sweating like crazy and her faze almost purple from trying so hard to get the baby out, her mom on one side crying...
those last 20 minutes where the most intense 20 minutes of my life and hers, watching her pain, hurt inside to a lvl i could barely stand, seeing the baby head starting to poke its head out,the feeling on becoming a dad, the feeling of watching my girl go thru so much pain and not be able to help her,it all overwhelmed me in a way nothing has ever overwhelmed me, and i found myself unable to stop crying.I felt so proud, so sad, so helpless, so unable to protect my girl from so much pain.Hearing the babys first crys and seeing my girl completely burt out, i swear i felt like an atomic bomb of emotions when off inside me, and when the smoke cleared there i was,mother, dad, and son.

Enrique was born Feb-5-2005 at 1:27pm weight of 6-12, height 20
considering my girl is only 5'2 about 130lbs WITH baby, that was a big baby for her.

Due to complications i didn't mention in detail she will remain in the hospital probably until monday or tuesday.I'm spending every night with her at the hospital to help her with anything she needs,since she can barely move at the moment.

But when she can leave the hospital and all is good i'll get the pictures developed to share with you guys n gals.

Akgriz
Scout

Postby Akgriz » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:17 am

WOOOOT ,, sounds intense, but take good care of your lady and your new baby boy!!!!!!!
Akgriz
Scout of Celestial Navigators

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:22 pm

Drac what a moving story and major CONGRATULATIONS to you and Elenitza on the birth of Enrique! Can't wait to see the pictures! Glad to hear all is well in the end and best wishes to all of you! The fun has just begun! HUGS!
Ryana

Venayven
Whee!

Postby Venayven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:50 pm

MAN ! ! All I can say is WOW ! ! awesome play by play there .. one thing I can say for sure is that being a Dad is the greatest feeling imaginable ..Welcome to the world of being Dad ! ! Mucho Graz to you and your NEW family : )

Guit
Whee!

Postby Guit » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:24 pm

Gratz bro!!! How soon til the little tike will get an EQ account of his own? :) Maybe you can train him to be a chanter. WOoOt!! Could always use a few more.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:35 am

WOW!!!! I know that I had a pretty nasty delivery, but after all that you said up in your post hun, C-Section = THANKS!!! hehehe Congratulations DRAC!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! get those pic's in!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:02 am

Woot, congrats, hun! :D

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:09 pm

Congrats to you both! Oh, and btw... Parenting is one of those skills that takes YEARS to develop. ;)

Bolerro
Whee!

Postby Bolerro » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:23 pm

Congrats to ya both...
:D
I still remember the birth of both of my sons... first one wasn't as hard as what you said, but the second one was an ordeal that forever changed my life, but not wanting to derail this wonderful occasion for you, I won't go into details.

Once again, Gratz and welcome to parenthood, the most rewarding thing I can think of in life

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:35 am

Kaldolur wrote: Parenting is one of those skills that takes YEARS to develop. ;)

Like tailoring...

Grats!!!

Auru
Whee!

Postby Auru » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:40 pm

Congrats man... I'm almost to parenting LVL3 now... My little girl was born during a make-shift City of Mist raid... Had to LD in the middle of the zone to rush the wife to the hospital... One minute I'm chillin in CoM, 30 minutes later I'm a dad...

Enjoy that kid, it'll be the best (and worst) thing that's ever happened to you :P

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:20 am

WOOT! How exciting for you both! I don't have any babies yet myself, but I did help my mom deliver my little sister (about 18 yrs age difference between my sis and I) and wow, yes "INTENSE" is about the only way to describe it.

The whole process of giving birth is probably the most scarily beautiful experience anyone can ever take part in. Purely amazing.

HUGE congrats on your little one :) Good job helping take care of that wife of yours, it is dedication like that that shows you'll be a super super daddy :)

dracozz
Whee!

Postby dracozz » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 am

hello all, this last week had been...intersting.i still feel i'm too young to be a daddy but i love the lil guy.
feeding him bottle feels funny.I havent' had a chance to develop the pictures i took however i do have a link now of the pics that where taken at the hopital only hours after birth.

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery ... 2F3U5Z0L1Z

and in case you are wondering, hes got more of my features than mommys.mom is still recovering from the whole thing, but baby is doing quite well.It may change but for now hes pretty good, he only cries when hes hungry or needs a diaper change, other than that he just sleeps or looks around if awake.
I'm still learning that whole diaper change thing and to be honest i don't really like it, but i find it very funny. he usually does his thing AGAIN only minutes after we have changed him, and he has tried nailing me with the lil surprise shoot out(you parents out there know what i'm talking about)but i ducked just in time hehe.

btw..i hear my chars are going up for adoption again lol, i hope whoever gets them has as much fun with em as i did.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:09 pm

My best wishes to you!! you will adore your baby for sure. Its the greatest love of all.

Hugs, Eria

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:09 pm

lol'; I was a GUEST!!!

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Ah Drac, he's just downright awesome! What a beautiful baby! HUGS to you all and you'll get that diaper thing down in no time! Takes a little more practice with a boy than a girl, but you still can get surprised by such a simple thing! Wait until he's older and can get show his individuality with finger paints!!! HUGS to all of you!
Ryana