Server Combines Begining

Moderator: Littlabit

Vortecks
Whee!

Server Combines Begining

Postby Vortecks » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 am

Looks like they are starting with PvP atm.... who know how long before regular servers begin.
So, this will either bring a nice breath of fresh air to the pvp servers, or it will ruin it entirely.

Welcome to Zek

On February 8th a new server will show up on your server selection list. Zek will host the combined characters of the four current PVP servers (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon and Sullon) and will use the Rallos Zek ruleset. It is our opinion that merging the four current PVP servers will revitalize the PVP environment, adding new challenges and players for you to test your skills against.

Character Purge

Immediately preceding the merger, all characters that are below level 10 and have not been accessed in the past six months or more will be purged from all four PVP servers. If you have a character on Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek or Sullon Zek that is below level 10 and has not been logged in for six months or more, you will need to log them in prior to the February 8th downtime. Any character that is below level 10 and has not been logged in for 6 or more months will be deleted and will not be available after the server merge.

Shared Banks

If you have characters on more than one of the PVP servers, you will need to clean out the shared bank on all but one of the existing PVP servers. Only one shared bank, from one of the four servers, will be available after the merger.

Characters

If you have more than 8 characters combined between all of the current PVP servers, after the merger, only the first 8 (sorted alphabetically) characters will be displayed. Other characters beyond those 8 will not be available for selection until characters are deleted. The characters will be on your account provided they were not below level 10 and had been played within the last 6 months.

Corpses

Prior to the downtime on the 8th of February, please make certain that you clear any character corpses from the world. Character corpses will not be transferred to the new merged server. All corpses will be purged once the merger is complete.

Character Names

It is likely that characters will have duplicate names on these servers, in the event that characters do share a name, the character with the most played time will be entitled to keep the name, all other characters will have the letter X appended to their name and will be entitled to a name change. You can request your name change using the /petition system.

Complimentary Character Move

Beginning shortly after the merge is complete, a one time move will be offered to all accounts on the new PVP server. Each account will be allowed to move the entirety of their account to the non-PVP server of their choice, with gear. This offer will only last for 30 days and includes all characters on an account.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Community Relations Manager
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Saw this coming :(
Ryana

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am

I'm not happy about this for personal reasons, However, the Population on those servers are very low, so that is one reason why they are doing that. One thing I am looking at though, is those folks that are on Teams servers may not like being just player on player, and they will have to open up a teams server again.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Zukoy
Whee!

Postby Zukoy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:36 am

yeah but you have to realize on team servers like sullon zek you go into baz and theres like 15 traders up, the only way to lvl is to solo really only 1 guild on the server is doing anything cause theres no rules and trains are legal so they can train any of the other teams attempts at planar raids.. so when they merge those other teams can guild up with the other servers and maybe get somewhere..think about playing EQ for this many years and being a hardcore raid guild and barely making it to ele planes.. i see some players might want team pvp but from what i've heard each server is going to kind of team up in a way so your old server has your back in a way.. just my two cents

/zukoy

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:53 pm

Well this has no affect on me really, only pvp toon I ever made is on RZ so I don't mind. :P

Don't see things like that happening for Vaz too awful soon, though it might have both it's ups and downs. I've actually REALLY enjoyed less competition for zones, you can actually do quests and whatnot since you don't have to fight over a camp spot each time you try to do something.

Anyway, just rambling...blah blah blah..

dracozz
Whee!

Postby dracozz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 pm

/e distant voice from the past says"come to me, follow me along the dark path into the light, join with me, theres is a new war, in new distant lands preparing to strike",a gust of wind splashes your face with a refreshing feeling of battles to come"you have two paths, the west and central,come...JOIN US"..silence returns as echoes from the past fade into the distance.

>:P

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:18 pm

HUGS Drac! Good to hear from you, even if you're trying to entice us to the "dark side" :lol: !

The only thing I worry about with the merging of servers is that eventually they'll dump another one on us. I think Vazaelle is populated enough that it wouldn't happen any time soon, but would hate to have a sudden influx of people that are displaced and displeased. I'm with you Silly, the peace and quiet on the server has been nice. You can actually go in the bazaar without turning everything off hehe. Now if they could just iron out the darned lag spikes in Tactics....
Ryana

Zukoy
Whee!

Postby Zukoy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:39 pm

the reason you can go into baz without lag is because theres only 2 traders! wtb being able to buy stuff in baz =/

/zukoy

Asten
Whee!

Postby Asten » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:46 pm

If I'm not mistaken, the combine is something the players of some or all of the Zeks petitioned SOE to do a few months back, due to the perpetually low populations on those (PVP) servers. Those servers have always had low populations, it's not related to the recent exodus of people to other games. I don't think it should be taken as a sign of other server mergers to come.

Zukoy
Whee!

Postby Zukoy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:54 pm

population has always been low but not this low this is like 6 people in pok or tranq at a time lot of the time

/zukoy

Blackbane911
Whee!

Experience from another game

Postby Blackbane911 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:22 am

On Dark Age of Camelot (the other MMOPRG I play), the emphasis is on player versus player combat-- well, actually realm vs realm.

Due to people bailing for other newer games, the number of enemy toons to gank in the common battleground zones was in steep decline, with mroe time spent roving the frontier for victims than ganking them.

To stop the hemorrhaging of accounts, DAoC recently clustered nine of its servers into three, 3-server clusters. The result has been spectacular so far, with more people logging back into the game to have at the toons from the rival realms. I suspect it may have a similar effect here.

BB
Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.
Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server
Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars