Postby Miana » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Toni’s Ravioli’s

For the insides you need:

2lbs fresh ground pork sausage
4 eggs
1-16oz can of spinach
8 cloves of garlic crushed into the mix or 2 TBS of crushed garlic
approximately 1 ½ cups of grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 of a can of Italian bread crumbs (can use plain and 2 to 3 TBS of Italian seasoning)

Mix all the ingredients together and let sit overnight if can before making the raviolli’s

For the dough you need:

eggs
flour
water

The amount you need depends on how many you are making
1-batch needs approx. 12 to 14 large eggs and you will need 5lbs flour

mix eggs and flour together and use water as needed. you can set the dough aside in a bowl covered with a wet towel.

You would clean a counter thoroughly and sanitize it then let it dry and sprinkle flour over the counter. Put the prepared dough on the flour on the counter and start rolling it out thin. (almost
so thin that your hand might go through it. Place balls of the insides spaced from the edge about ½ to 1 inch and 1 inch apart. turn the dough over the insides and use a ravioli cutter to cut the ravioli’s then pinch them closed. Set them aside on foil that has flour sprinkled on it for about ½ hour to dry then you can put them into batches of 25 to 30 for freezing. To package them sprinkle flour on the foil and put them on the foil usually 10 to 15 on bottom layer and then put some more foil on top and flour on that then put the last for that frozen batch on top of that and close the foil up and put in freezer. These stay good for 9 months to a year in the freezer.

The Sauce:

2lbs hamburger
3-30oz cans tomoato sauce
Cinnamon
Garlic 2teaspoons crushed
Pepper
Parmessan Cheese

Fry the hamburger up and add the garlic and pepper to it then add the tomato sauce to it. Add approximately 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon to sauce and then sprinkle in about ½ cup parmesan cheese.

Bringing it all together:

You need to boil the frozen or freshly made ravioli’s in water for ½ hour. I use a large pot and bring it to a boil then I add approximately 10 to 15 ravioli’s and let them cook for ½ hour. You get your casserole dish and scoop some sauce into the bottom of the dish enough to cover it generously. Then when the ravioli’s are done boiling scoop them out of the pot and put them into the dish. Cover with more sauce and some Parmessan Cheese if desired. Put more boiled ravioli’s into dish then more sauce and keep going until dish is filled or you run out of ravioli’s.

Put the casserole dish into the oven and cook it for 90 minutes on 350 degrees. Cooking time may vary depending on your oven. Usually cook it until it is well done but not burnt on top.

ENJOY!!!!!

Zahashah
Whee!

Re: RAVIOLI RECIPE

Postby Zahashah » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

This looks heavenly!
Thanks so much for sharing...
I am so looking forward to making it!
:love9:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Miana
Whee!

Postby Miana » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Bump...

Mialilly

Miana
Whee!

Postby Miana » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Bump here is the recipe Renaern.

Mialily

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 am

Thanks Mia I am going to try this one:)))

Here is my favorite Banana Nut Bread Recipe, I got this from my neighbor Mrs. Robbins. She was amazing. She helped monitor the centrifuges in Tennessee that harvested the Uranium to build the Atomic bombs dropped on Japan. When she was in her 90's I watched her chase a 2000lb bull with a broom. Quite a woman, she is missed.

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix ingredients in order given (don't overmix it, think cornbread) and bake until brown
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup mashed banana (I never measure this, small bananas use 2, big ones use 1)
1 tsp soda dissolved in 1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp warm water
2 cups self rising flour (plain flower add 1 tsp baking powder)
1/2 tsp salt (optional I use a pinch)
1/2 cup of nuts (I like black walnuts which we have plenty of around here. I have used English walnuts, pecans, and even almonds)
I like to coat my pan with Bakers Joy, it is an oil flour spray. Just do whatever you usually do for cakes. Bunt pans takes 35 minutes in my oven. Muffins take 25 minutes.

Renaern Sweetleaf, Ranger of the Vale

Miana
Whee!

Postby Miana » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Bump! Shrek asked me to find the recipe on the web page so he could read it.

Mialilly