XP changes with VoA

Moderator: Littlabit

Sorick
Whee!

XP changes with VoA

Postby Sorick » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 am

Info: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=180755

In case anyone was banking tasks / missions for the new expansion, don't bother.

When the new expansion hits you'll get 0 xp for them due to the new system they are putting in place to limit the Task Add market.

They're also reducing HoT mission reward xp by approx. 50%, so I doubt VoA mission rewards will be anything to write home about either.

Sharrien
Whee!

Re: XP changes with VoA

Postby Sharrien » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 pm

You can still bank UF missions and get the xp, the changes only affect HoT and VoA.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Yippie....no more sitting in the lobby waiting for ya'll to get my Zerker xp...!
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 am

How stupid. Good news is UF tier 3+ still reward 4 AAs, so basically the same exp as HoT missions. So I guess I wasted my time banking 9 HoT missions on my Druid. Bastards.

I think this all came about because of people boxing in the game and finishing the expansion in 2 months. Everybody liked HoT because it wasn't overly difficult and you could progress and level and catch up on AAs with ease. Now they are going back to the UF model and shit will be hard again and if you don' box but have multiple characters, the other toons will be left behind. And you are screwed if dead. And how the hell lage is a 300' radius? Do I need to break out my EQ measuring stick?

/sigh
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Sorick
Whee!

Postby Sorick » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:And how the hell lage is a 300' radius? Do I need to break out my EQ measuring stick?

Most spells are around 200 I believe, so it should be a pretty large distance. Opening the chest when someone is dead so they get screwed will probably be the biggest problems from this.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Complete heal radius is 100' unfocused. Can basically do /loc on some spot, run exactly north until /loc is 300 bigger and there you go. Likely smaller than the whole lobby, maybe just the inner core size.